• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

At long LAST!! XF Royal Oak 15202IP Smoked Blue is HERE!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Well said legend . I think in this forum there are also several members that can afford gen, but are waiting for the AD to call them if ever to pick up their piece. They can certainly pull off what you mentioned above. This rep world is truly fascinating.

Reactions: legend

Horology Curious
13/2/19
Greetings colleagues! I have been reading you for a long time, I want to add a few points from myself.
in my opinion, factories are deliberately in no hurry to immediately make watches similar to gen. each version fixes a bug or two .. Business)
In terms of versions, I bought the V2 as soon as it appeared, and polished the bezel without any problems. hands have not yet reached the links on the bracelet and I think I will not do this. since the key difference between v2 and v3 is the color of the dial and the color of the luminescent illumination of the watch, it differs from the color on the hands. I think they won't make a bracelet like the original ip on screws, or the cost will be different. And KZF Factory specially made the AP logo on the dial crooked.
on the 8th page there are qc images v3. there is a more or less decent dial and a gradient is present. as well as homogeneous lume.
Regards

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well said legend . I think in this forum there are also several members that can afford gen, but are waiting for the AD to call them if ever to pick up their piece. They can certainly pull off what you mentioned above. This rep world is truly fascinating.

IMHO I think that a good fraction of the community are gen owners/can buy gen but for various reasons choose not to do so, have done so or have yet to do so.
I’ve learnt from real life people that wearing reps hardly ever stems from not being able to afford the gen. Quite the opposite really. For example, I do mods for a couple of local celebrities and they are brand ambassadors for a specific luxury brand, but instead of wearing their sponsored gen for filming, they secretly opted to wear the rep of the watch they have. Nothing but personal choices, let’s not judge them :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
... For example, I do mods for a couple of local celebrities and they are brand ambassadors for a specific luxury brand, but instead of wearing their sponsored gen for filming, they secretly opted to wear the rep of the watch they have...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imho it's a stupid thing from a real watch enthusiast. Eg. I own and wear an AP RO openworked turbillon rep because I love its design and I'm fond of turbillons. I'd proudly wear the gen (in a safe place of course) if I afforded it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Imho it's a stupid thing from a real watch enthusiast. Eg. I own and wear an AP RO openworked turbillon rep because I love its design and I'm fond of turbillons. I'd proudly wear the gen (in a safe place of course) if I afforded it.

To each his own...I will mod watches according to demand but wearer attitude and habit is something I usually don't comment on.
I think that you won't be wearing a gen AP RO openworked tourbillon if you are doing an action film too lol.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
To each his own...I will mod watches according to demand but wearer attitude and habit is something I usually don't comment on.
I think that you won't be wearing a gen AP RO openworked tourbillon if you are doing an action film too lol.

Absolutely! Maybe an AP RO 15202IP, if I were rich. Oops, rather not, it's a scratch magnet :poster_oops::lolcina:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Jonj480 I just paid for this watch, I am sending it off to Jonj480 for a polish job on the midlinks and clasp. Very excited and I’ll update the thread as I get updates.

Reactions: gilrob

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Is he in the US? Since I moved from Austria I am looking for good modder in US.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Is he in the US? Since I moved from Austria I am looking for good modder in US.
He's not a modder. Just doing brushing and the likes that doesn't involve opening the watch.

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
please tell me is this ROYAL OAK 39MM 15202IP SS XF 1: 1 BEST EDITION GRADIENT BLUE TEXTURED DIAL ON SS BRACELET A2121 V3?

Just in the photo the XLR8R dial has a deeper blue color.

First of all, welcome to the RWI community :)

Regarding your question; the watch you see is indeed the RO 39mm 15202IP XF V3 (or whatever dealers are calling it these days). Some call it "gradient blue" others "smoked blue".
All I know is, it is the latest 15202IP variant from XF.

Cheers

Reactions: 1231

Horology Curious
13/2/19

First of all, welcome to the RWI community :)

Regarding your question; the watch you see is indeed the RO 39mm 15202IP XF V3 (or whatever dealers are calling it these days). Some call it "gradient blue" others "smoked blue".
All I know is, it is the latest 15202IP variant from XF.

Cheers
Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm happy to join the community and respected members.????

Thank you for your prompt response. I am sorry, it was not possible to immediately react.

As I already wrote, on the 8th page in the thread there are photos, probably also of the v3 model, but shot with different lighting. and in those photos, the dial looks closer to the original. imho.

The essence of my statements and questions comes down to finding a solution. Buy v3 model from xf, wait for zf or buy kzf model and assemble one of two watches. as I said I have a v2 model from xf. Apparently I was in a hurry to buy it, maybe a month later v3 was released.

With the permission of the community, I will attach v2 photos. and the result of experiments with the bezel. Please do not criticize the work, since I am not a professional and the task was just to experiment. will it be possible to polish the bezel or not. also the tool was not professional, but the one that most have at home.

Regards

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
To be honest, the answer to your question boils down to what legend keeps repeating; there is no such thing as a perfect rep. Heck, even the gens show a degree of variation between each batch, however small it may be. By the sound and look of it, you have decided to take the "Franken" route, by splicing the best bits of each model together in pursuit of gen-like perfection. I commend you for the attempt.

As for future releases and their improvements...no one really knows. It's usually 1 step forward and 1 or 2 steps back. A new version might actually never come. It's essentially a black box tbh.

I say, enjoy the hobby. Build the watch that YOU think comes as close as it gets to the real thing. After all, YOU will be wearing it and YOU will be enjoying it.

There are endless options. Many roads lead to rome ;)

Horology Curious
13/2/19
To be honest, the answer to your question boils down to what legend keeps repeating; there is no such thing as a perfect rep. Heck, even the gens show a degree of variation between each batch, however small it may be. By the sound and look of it, you have decided to take the "Franken" route, by splicing the best bits of each model together in pursuit of gen-like perfection. I commend you for the attempt.

As for future releases and their improvements...no one really knows. It's usually 1 step forward and 1 or 2 steps back. A new version might actually never come. It's essentially a black box tbh.

I say, enjoy the hobby. Build the watch that YOU think comes as close as it gets to the real thing. After all, YOU will be wearing it and YOU will be enjoying it.

There are endless options. Many roads lead to rome ;)
Do not add, do not subtract. I agree with you and legend.

Can you comment on the model from kzf? I have not yet met any reviews about it. Judging by the photo, her dial has a gradient and the correct lume. But the AP logo is defective.

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2121.html

Thanks!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Well, thank you! Didn't know it ..
Is it related to performance in general or to the mechanism?

Regards

The issue isn't the movement but the build itself, stick with XF if you want a "high ends rep", go with KZF if you want a (exaggerated) aliexpress rep

Reactions: 1231