• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me figure out a fair price for this AP Diver

baconstrip

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/15
Hi guys,

I purchased this watch a while back from a user at /r/RepTime, and I am planning to sell the watch as I feel this watch is too flashy and too expensive for my lifestyle. I think I bought it for around $300-$400 can't remember precisely.
Can you help me give a fair price for the watch? What is the make and model if anybody knows?
Here is the pic for the watch: https://imgur.com/a/jFCALKI

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Katarsis

baconstrip

24/9/15
giphy.gif

Just a noob trying to get some help here, I don't want to scam anybody or list an unfair price for the watch. That's why I'm asking for a help for the watch price :p

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I bought it around a year ago, but never got to wear it. Just not comfortable wearing such a flashy watch :p

U bought with so many scratches and with a screw head wrongly screwed? Wow! It is new!

What movement is in it?

baconstrip

24/9/15
U bought with so many scratches and with a screw head wrongly screwed? Wow! It is new!

What movement is in it?

I did, it was a used watch after all. I am not as expert as you guys so I don't even notice the screw head wrongly screwed.

I don't know the movement honestly, that's why I am asking you guys.

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
Wow, what’s with the bezel screw head at 2 o’ clock... :mousepanic-r:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Holy... This watch is terrible. Not worth the supposed 300$-400$'s anyway.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KanyeWest26

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I did, it was a used watch after all. I am not as expert as you guys so I don't even notice the screw head wrongly screwed.

I don't know the movement honestly, that's why I am asking you guys.

Looks to me to be an old noob diver or even an JF diver with an aftermarket dw. It isn’t that bad actually as a base watch and condition can be touched up by a modder don’t worry.

Movement is likely an A2824.

If you want to sell this, a realistic price to start will be $200 and below. Just my point of view, I’m no AP expert.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Beyond the wonky screw at 2 o'clock, is that lug screw at 4-5 o'clock stripped or just not secured?

I think given the 'mystery' movement and two obvious issues that need work, 200USD or below would be where to look for pricing.
If that bottom lug screw is just loose... secure it properly.
If you have the means, correct the 2 o'clock bezel screw (it really isn't hard... just a hair time consuming).

Fix those issues and you could probably raise the price a hair. Plus, while you have the caseback off to fix the bezel screw, you can find out what's inside.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Serious question. How would one go about aligning that 2oclock bezel screw?!! Not like you can just turn it with a screwdriver!?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
these are faux screws, means you need to remove the "real one" on the other side of the watch to release this one, and if it is done like a gen, you need a special tool to release it after removing the casebook screw. Something that wouldn't take more than 10 mn to someone equipped with the right tools, but something that can turn into a disaster if the person is working like a butcher as we see on some watches in the M2M sale section...

Last edited:
Reactions: balance27

nuts

Horology Curious
26/5/20
there's a forum posting stickied that covers the screw adjustment. based on what it seems like, it shouldnt be too bad provided you have a tool to press the screw off of the bezel from the back.

baconstrip

24/9/15
The conclusion that I am getting at here is the fair price for the watch is $175?