• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP ROO Date Change

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Picked up my first AP Rep after having my Rolex Submariner, it’s a JF 44mm ROO Forged Carbon.

After wearing the watch for a few days I’ve noticed the date will start moving around 10:30pm into the next day and go to the next day promptly at 12 midnight. Is that something normal for JF models without servicing? It’s my first 7750 movement piece, so I’m a bit out of my normal here.

Planning on sending it out for service once the COVID stay at home restrictions are lifted in my area, wanted to get more info before I do that.

thanks in advance!

RL14c.jpg

Last edited:

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
That is a characteristic of a 7750 movements date change mechanism.
Nothing is wrong with your watch.

The gens however do not have that feature so yes that is 1 tell of a rep but if you want to get around it you will need to go down the costly franken route.

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: The1stWright

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
That is a characteristic of a 7750 movements date change mechanism.
Nothing is wrong with your watch.

The gens however do not have that feature so yes that is 1 tell of a rep but if you want to get around it you will need to go down the costly franken route.

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

+1. The A7750 movements all have annoying date changes which take about 1.5-2hrs to complete.
Even the frankens based on the 2892 base movements are not accurate, with most having a date roll transition between 5-30min The gen 3126/3840 caliber has an instant date flip like the Rolex 3135 movement.

It is something one needs to live with for reps based on A7750 movements but not everyone cares about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Thanks guys for answering my question, I’m ok with it, I was just concerned that I broke something. I can live with it 100% and I’ve been wearing it everyday since it arrived!

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Thanks guys for answering my question, I’m ok with it, I was just concerned that I broke something. I can live with it 100% and I’ve been wearing it everyday since it arrived!

Nice to hear that. Welcome to the AP's game.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

The only thing you broke sir is your AP cherry :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
The only thing you broke sir is your AP cherry :hehehe:

Very true!

if they are ever able to replicate a Royal Oak Openworked double balance wheel, I’m putting an order in day one!

Last edited: