• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500 Black Dial - Date Check

Tony12345

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/20
Hey guy's,
a few days ago ordered my first AP 15500 from Z Factory and just got my QC-Pics.
What concerns me is that the Date for some digits looks like it's too high I think (or it's just the shadow, not 100% sure since the whole dial is black - I guess I'm kind of night blind).

This kind of QC should be rule-conform - if not, just roast the living shit out of me haha... would really appreciate your help tho.

Off-Topic: this Ice-white lume is so gorgeous - I hope ZF will be ready with their 15202 pretty soon.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Some of it is because of shadow. I have the grey and the blue dial and have the same issue where some of the digits sit a bit high on the date window. However this is a non-issue (for me) because it is not noticeable on wrist at normal viewing distance.

Reactions: Tony12345

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
imo as long as you can tell what the date is, the dates on a rep are good enough

I really hope you’re getting a watch like this one day. Don’t you dare to ever complain. Lol :qtip2:

EncVv.png

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I really hope you’re getting a watch like this one day. Don’t you dare to ever complain. Lol :qtip2:

EncVv.png

9 index is tilted, right? Can't fool me - I see those details. :bb:

But seriously: watch looks great. I'd take it!

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

peterpl

24/7/11
Common issue it seems on certain dates on the 15500. I think its a print issue with the DW itself as some dates a perfect and some sit high.

James2020

1/6/20

EncVv.png

LOL... whoever said you can’t turn back time obviously haven’t see this

Tony12345

29/5/20

EncVv.png

the absolute madman haha. let me guess - QC pics only showed the Date 8? Nice surprise when receiving such a Beauty.

On Topic:

thanks for help guy‘s! I checked a few more QC-pics on reddit and nearly every watch had this flaw on some date-numbers. I also guess it’s a mix of common model flaw and shadow issue. anyways I am very satisfied with this beauty and already GL‘d.

I just had some more concerns about the „overturning“ of the crown when he switched the date from 7 to 8. Just read some horror stories about damaged tension springs, but since this is my first watch (ever), I’m really no pro with stuff like that. since it’s already packed for shipping (or maybe it’s already shipped now) I can’t ask my TD to check it again neither.

will update, when this beauty arrives (fingers crossed).

Reactions: QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
thanks for help guy‘s! I checked a few more QC-pics on reddit and nearly every watch had this flaw on some date-numbers. I also guess it’s a mix of common model flaw and shadow issue. anyways I am very satisfied with this beauty and already GL‘d.

I just had some more concerns about the „overturning“ of the crown when he switched the date from 7 to 8. Just read some horror stories about damaged tension springs, but since this is my first watch (ever), I’m really no pro with stuff like that. since it’s already packed for shipping (or maybe it’s already shipped now) I can’t ask my TD to check it again neither.

will update, when this beauty arrives (fingers crossed).
I don't see anything wrong there. Miyota movement tends to do that sometimes. It's not a big thing and even if it turns to become an issue which is just a chance (just like anything else), it's an easy and quick fix.

Tony12345

29/5/20
I don't see anything wrong there. Miyota movement tends to do that sometimes. It's not a big thing and even if it turns to become an issue which is just a chance (just like anything else), it's an easy and quick fix.

Perfect, that sounds good!
wouldn‘t prefer to have it serviced/repaired straight ootb tho. On the other hand I could just also have it waterproofed so I could pour some 1:1 champagne over it more early :fuckyeah:

srhoque

28/11/18
Atleast your watch doesn't look like this (Note: This was an actual watch from Rolex)