• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
For 42mm, Thickness, hands, pusher/crown alignment, dial details (for many models), date window position, date font and magnification (V2 is close but still not exact), tachy font, movement, date change (instant for gen vs gradual for rep), just to name the few off the top of my head.

Sounds too far from gen for me to wear. I like the idea of having a quality near perfect copy (that way I feel like it’s a good deal and good craftsmanship for fraction of cost) vs a cheap imitation with tons of flaws. That’s why I’ve only gotten a few out of the many many possibilities so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
Based on this post, try the ZF15500, XF FC diver or JF V10/ ZF 15703 if you are after an AP. Or of course... the AP frankens in the member sales section like the one Revolper is selling. That one is a very unique AP franken and you may wish to try it. Same visual closeness as the JF diver I would say. Nobody will call you out and if he does, you can be almost certain that the guy is either me or Quetip. It is Quetip if you see him wearing a T shirt with a cute baby animal on the it with a random slogan about being contented or happy or something lol.

Damn I didn’t know there was a FC option that was that good. I would have ordered that one as I now have 3 black/SS watches haha

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Damn I didn’t know there was a FC option that was that good. I would have ordered that one as I now have 3 black/SS watches haha

For me personally the XF FC diver is actually better than the JF SS one.

Reactions: Allure

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
Based on this post, try the ZF15500, XF FC diver or JF V10/ ZF 15703 if you are after an AP. Or of course... the AP frankens in the member sales section like the one Revolper is selling. That one is a very unique AP franken and you may wish to try it. Same visual closeness as the JF diver I would say. Nobody will call you out and if he does, you can be almost certain that the guy is either me or Quetip. It is Quetip if you see him wearing a T shirt with a cute baby animal on the it with a random slogan about being contented or happy or something lol.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It is Quetip if you see him wearing a T shirt with a cute baby animal on the it with a random slogan about being contented or happy or something lol.
Wait what!!

Reactions: legend

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
For me personally the XF FC diver is actually better than the JF SS one.

I just received it JF v10 15703 an hour ago.

Flaws I noticed: (some potentially not flaws but idk)

The hands are hideously scratched (definitely an issue) can see this clearly with the naked eye

The lume on the hands is a lot darker looking than on the hour markers (maybe gen is like this?)

Other than that, very gen-like!

I noticed that the entire strap would have to be changed on my gen and not just the missing screw, because this one uses a bar in the middle and my gen ROO the screws are basically two halves of the bar. The screws do fit so I could change the straps (real strap costs $1050 lol) but my gen is TT and no reps are TT so this is a no-go

Personal preference is that a watch be a LOT lighter than this, thats why my gen is TT actually. So I will probably order a carbon like you mentioned

BTW I noticed the XF FC diver is a lot cheaper than the JF V6 FC Diver, any particular reason why you prefer XF?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The lume on the hands is a lot darker looking than on the hour markers (maybe gen is like this?)

Gen has matching lume. Never seen one with mismatched dial/hand lume.

(real strap costs $1050 lol)
Not sure which straps you are referring to. But The rubber straps for divers cost less than $350 brand new.
Are you talking about the bracelet? I was a bit confused there.

Personal preference is that a watch be a LOT lighter than this, thats why my gen is TT actually. So I will probably order a carbon like you mentioned
TT in watch speak refers commonly to "Two Tone". Why not spell it out properly if you want others to know what you are talking about? The short form for Titanium is "Ti" if that was what you were referring to. So which of your gen is titanium? You are right about the gen ROO in titanium and on a titanium bracelet being surprisingly light.

BTW I noticed the XF FC diver is a lot cheaper than the JF V6 FC Diver, any particular reason why you prefer XF?
Since when is price a factor for preference when it comes to reps? Are you saying that if the XF is cheaper, it therefore must be inferior? That is flawed reasoning. If that is the case, just choose all the most expensive reps money can buy and you are in for a 100% 1:1 clone experience. If you think the JF V6 FC diver is superior based on price, please go buy it by all means. Unlike some ignorant fools here, I don't dictate that my preference needs to be adopted by the world. Buy what you like and be happy with it of course lol.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

Not sure which straps you are referring to. But The rubber straps for divers cost less than $350 brand new.

TT in watch speak refers commonly to "Two Tone". Why not spell it out properly if you want others to know what you are talking about? The short form for Titanium is "Ti" if that was what you were referring to. So which of your gen is titanium? You are right about the gen ROO in titanium and on a titanium bracelet being surprisingly light.

Since when is price a factor for preference when it comes to reps? Are you saying that if the XF is cheaper, it therefore must be inferior? That is flawed reasoning. If that is the case, just choose all the most expensive reps money can buy and you are in for a 100% 1:1 clone experience. If you think the JF V6 FC diver is superior based on price, please go buy it by all means. Unlike some ignorant fools here, I don't dictate that my preference needs to be adopted by the world. Buy what you like and be happy with it of course lol.

I’m not saying the lume is darker when you look at it in the dark but rather that the color of the hands in the light is darker than the hour markers which are bright white. Is that normal?

I think I bought the rubber strap and tang buckle for $1050 (though the buckle seems to be permanently attached to the strap?) they did recently tell me $350 for the strap only

I don’t think price necessarily means anything. But would generally expect higher price to be mean higher *likelihood* of better quality. What about the xf version is superior to jf in your opinion? After this qc issue on the hands on this 15703 I’m beginning to doubt ZF a bit in general

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I’m not saying the lume is darker when you look at it in the dark but rather that the color of the hands in the light is darker than the hour markers which are bright white. Is that normal?

we've been repeating this for thousand times but I see it's not getting it into people head: JF hands are A CURSE. grey or green and never white. An eyesore. You want to throw the watch in the bin how ugly it looks.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
we've been repeating this for thousand times but I see it's not getting it into people head: JF hands are A CURSE. grey or green and never white. An eyesore. You want to throw the watch in the bin how ugly it looks.

I heard u on this Long ago SL.
Hope this is the finale.
I have been reading repeated explanations from others lol.

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

I think I bought the rubber strap and tang buckle for $1050 (though the buckle seems to be permanently attached to the strap?) they did recently tell me $350 for the strap only

I don’t think price necessarily means anything. But would generally expect higher price to be mean higher *likelihood* of better quality. What about the xf version is superior to jf in your opinion? After this qc issue on the hands on this 15703 I’m beginning to doubt ZF a bit in general

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

To answer your question about the hand lume, I got what you were trying to explain and the answer is that if you know your gens, it’s one of the tells yes.

If the straps you were referring to are the rubber straps, the buckle is definitely detachable like the plots. Can I then ask what the “TT” refers to? Reading back your post in this context doesn’t make sense. Will you care to explain so we can have a better idea?

The XF FC diver details have been covered quite extensively and you can read about it and make your own decision. In short I like the hands, dial, case, datewheel and instant date change feature due to the A2836 movement used. Do your own reading and make your own decision. My opinion isn’t absolute and is only one of a gen AP owner. I owned a used gen FC diver before for about 3 months and sold it after the xf was released and used it as a base to build a replacement. I sold the build after more members started wearing one. The XF FC diver isn’t 1:1, don’t get me wrong but it’s the best ootb AP rep currently IMHO

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
To answer your question about the hand lume, I got what you were trying to explain and the answer is that if you know your gens, it’s one of the tells yes.

If the straps you were referring to are the rubber straps, the buckle is definitely detachable like the plots. Can I then ask what the “TT” refers to? Reading back your post in this context doesn’t make sense. Will you care to explain so we can have a better idea?

The XF FC diver details have been covered quite extensively and you can read about it and make your own decision. In short I like the hands, dial, case, datewheel and instant date change feature due to the A2836 movement used. Do your own reading and make your own decision. My opinion isn’t absolute and is only one of a gen AP owner. I owned a used gen FC diver before for about 3 months and sold it after the xf was released and used it as a base to build a replacement. I sold the build after more members started wearing one. The XF FC diver isn’t 1:1, don’t get me wrong but it’s the best ootb AP rep currently IMHO

Yes sorry I meant titanium, AP model 25721TI

I will trust your judgment and just order one XD some of us prefer to defer to experts on certain topics

Miyota movement has a lot of noise issues anyways as I've read

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

It's really fascinating that a less expensive FC with yellow highlights etc. version of this watch is more accurate AND less expensive than the SS black dial one. Counterintuitive to me but I can see how its true

Are the hands not grey/green like they are on the JF?

Main thing is the SS case with 150 grams concentrated on only the case is too heavy for me, so I'm assuming the FC version will do quite nicely (and look cooler imo, I love black and yellow)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It's really fascinating that a less expensive FC with yellow highlights etc. version of this watch is more accurate AND less expensive than the SS black dial one. Counterintuitive to me but I can see how its true

Are the hands not grey/green like they are on the JF?

Main thing is the SS case with 150 grams concentrated on only the case is too heavy for me, so I'm assuming the FC version will do quite nicely (and look cooler imo, I love black and yellow)

For the life of me what is this repeated pls spoon-feed me bs, I don’t get it. ALL the information on the details as well as the flaws of the Xf divers (CE as well as AU) have been covered in their respective threads.

Do your homework, read, then you can move on with your decision making or prioritising. Additional to that- a 15706AU discussion in a 15703ST thread, a XF discussion in a JF thread, I don’t need to elaborate on that, do I?

Come on, am I really expecting that much?!

Reactions: Lariram

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
For the life of me what is this repeated pls spoon-feed me bs, I don’t get it. ALL the information on the details as well as the flaws of the Xf divers (CE as well as AU) have been covered in their respective threads.

Do your homework, read, then you can move on with your decision making or prioritising. Additional to that- a 15706AU discussion in a 15703ST thread, a XF discussion in a JF thread, I don’t need to elaborate on that, do I?

Come on, am I really expecting that much?!

In any case, I'm thankful for the info and will check for the threads next time. I guess from my perspective its easier for him to just say one sentence than for me to read 10-50 pages with users posting conflicting info, but from your perspective you andlegend get SOOOO many questions its absurd

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In any case, I'm thankful for the info and will check for the threads next time. I guess from my perspective its easier for him to just say one sentence than for me to read 10-50 pages with users posting conflicting info, but from your perspective you andlegend get SOOOO many questions its absurd

There are a lot of conflicting info about the different AP models in this section but pick your source and also use your own wisdom to discern right from wrong.
A lot of what others say are subjective but there are absolute facts which should not be challenged like for example

- no gen AP comes with double AR crystals brand new from the brand boutique.
- there are variations in date font, cyclops, dial details, hands and for the diver, bezel numbers.
- gen bezel screws aren’t always sunken. Flush screws does not mean that the watch is rep or defective.

Stuff like the above and a lot more. Take your time to read and learn and separate the grains from the chuff. Whether you get answers or not depends on the way you ask. It’s ok not to know something but it’s not ok to spread fallacies and ignorance here.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
There are a lot of conflicting info about the different AP models in this section but pick your source and also use your own wisdom to discern right from wrong.
A lot of what others say are subjective but there are absolute facts which should not be challenged like for example

- no gen AP comes with double AR crystals brand new from the brand boutique.
- there are variations in date font, cyclops, dial details, hands and for the diver, bezel numbers.
- gen bezel screws aren’t always sunken. Flush screws does not mean that the watch is rep or defective.

Stuff like the above and a lot more. Take your time to read and learn and separate the grains from the chuff. Whether you get answers or not depends on the way you ask. It’s ok not to know something but it’s not ok to spread fallacies and ignorance here.

Really great summary, I will stay away from the ROOs and be thankful that my gen hasn't been repped lol

I think I know what you mean by the bezel numbers, they seem to be a bit different even with the ghost lines

Since you said and for the diver bezel numbers (but mentioned hands in the other section) does this mean you think the hands are more or less like gen?

Thanks for your input