• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
How many times have you said that before? Can you please stick with it for once? No one is being aggressive, you're just stating wrong facts over and over again and just did it again. If the JF is good enough for you, so be it. I am happy for you but do not go on here spouting statements like 'flawless' 'exactly the same as gen' when it evidently and certainly is NOT.

I’ve also read the threads exhaustively and not sure exactly what the differences between JFv10 and gen are. Can you or legend please enlighten us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I’ve also read the threads exhaustively and not sure exactly what the differences between JFv10 and gen are. Can you or legend please enlighten us?

So you’re telling me after reading 70+ pages on this, you haven’t caught one difference?
Lets take a picture for you to practise on. Pictures are generally a bad way of comparing but when there’s no experience / knowledge with the gen it will have to suffice. I’m sure you’ll be able to spot some differences. :lol:
Z7XTej.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Repworld I will have to tell you to please stop posting these links. They serve no purpose, and do not change the fact that gen is gen, and JF and ZF aren't.
If you or anyone needs to convince yourself that the JF or ZF is "flawless", it is enough that the watch is subjectively flawless for you. There is no need for a consensus.
If your point is to prove that the JF looks identical to the gen divers you posted, you are not looking hard enough. Spend some time studying the watches and you will see the differences yourself.
I have said that the JF V10 or ZF are good enough replicas in real life. If you want a 1:1 watch the only way is to spend the 1:1 price.

Whatever it is, please stop posting the links of the gen or not-gen watches and move on. Enough is enough. You are welcome to carry on the discussion or debate of course, but please stop posting the links. All new links posted from now will be removed, because there are enough gen watch links in this thread already and there is no point for new links showing gen (or not gen watches). You have been told, please stop immediately thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Well, ok I cannot speak for Quetip but let me reiterate what I have to say for this tiresome topic for you and anyone else interested.

The ZF and JF reps (latest iterations) are very good replica watches in real life. I know my APs enough to say so, being a gen owner and a modder who have handled enough of these replica watches.
Visually and in terms of tactile feel, these replica divers are "close enough" to gen. Note that this is subjective, I cannot be stating how close it is for anyone else other than myself, but if you ask me, my answer is that they are close enough.

Difference exist in the hands, cyclop and datewheel, and minute details on the dial. I do not owe it to anyone to break these differences down to anyone, because the weightage of each difference is subjective. You can see it, but it may not matter to you, or it may mean the world. So instead of focusing on these, I think it is more meaningful to focus on the fact of how far the rep has come, and how close the replica looks and feels with regard to the gen. I want members to be appreciative of how far the replica AP divers have come instead of focusing on the little flaws, which will lead to the focal points of the community being shifted to the unnecessary negatives. But differences do exist, do not ever be mistaken that the replica divers are "flawless" or "1:1".
If you want to know the differences, study the rep and gen either side by side or through good pictures and you will see them. I have explained why I don't want to dwell on these differences, and each member who desires to know can do what I did, and study the differences with their own eyes. If you cannot see them, it is an added blessing. It is my duty to moderate the information here, but not my job to educate every individual who seeks a specific knowledge. It is sufficient, like I said, that I have mentioned that they are "very good reps in real life". It is my right to stop there, and I will not be harangued into going into details just because anyone asks. Do your own comparison, and decide what matters to you. You do not even have to take my opinion or Quetip's. It is your watch, and you should be thankful of how far this specific rep has come instead of being obsessed about the tells.

This topic has been covered sufficiently from all that has been said. If you are not happy with the information found within this thread, feel free to start your own and discuss features specifically. As long as your information is true and accurate, it will benefit all including myself.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Well, ok I cannot speak for Quetip but let me reiterate what I have to say for this tiresome topic for you and anyone else interested.

The ZF and JF reps (latest iterations) are very good replica watches in real life. I know my APs enough to say so, being a gen owner and a modder who have handled enough of these replica watches.
Visually and in terms of tactile feel, these replica divers are "close enough" to gen. Note that this is subjective, I cannot be stating how close it is for anyone else other than myself, but if you ask me, my answer is that they are close enough.

Difference exist in the hands, cyclop and datewheel, and minute details on the dial. I do not owe it to anyone to break these differences down to anyone, because the weightage of each difference is subjective. You can see it, but it may not matter to you, or it may mean the world. So instead of focusing on these, I think it is more meaningful to focus on the fact of how far the rep has come, and how close the replica looks and feels with regard to the gen. I want members to be appreciative of how far the replica AP divers have come instead of focusing on the little flaws, which will lead to the focal points of the community being shifted to the unnecessary negatives. But differences do exist, do not ever be mistaken that the replica divers are "flawless" or "1:1".
If you want to know the differences, study the rep and gen either side by side or through good pictures and you will see them. I have explained why I don't want to dwell on these differences, and each member who desires to know can do what I did, and study the differences with their own eyes. If you cannot see them, it is an added blessing. It is my duty to moderate the information here, but not my job to educate every individual who seeks a specific knowledge. It is sufficient, like I said, that I have mentioned that they are "very good reps in real life". It is my right to stop there, and I will not be harangued into going into details just because anyone asks. Do your own comparison, and decide what matters to you. You do not even have to take my opinion or Quetip's. It is your watch, and you should be thankful of how far this specific rep has come instead of being obsessed about the tells.

This topic has been covered sufficiently from all that has been said. If you are not happy with the information found within this thread, feel free to start your own and discuss features specifically. As long as your information is true and accurate, it will benefit all including myself.

Don’t worry, I will not share anything again here, everything clear for my , I trust hundreds gen photos, nice to meet you man .

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
So you’re telling me after reading 70+ pages on this, you haven’t caught one difference?
Lets take a picture for you to practise on. Pictures are generally a bad way of comparing but when there’s no experience / knowledge with the gen it will have to suffice. I’m sure you’ll be able to spot some differences. :lol:
Z7XTej.jpg

Is this a JF v 10 or a ZF? Judging by qc glove right is the rep?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Don’t worry, I will not share anything again here, everything clear for my , I trust hundreds gen photos, nice to meet you man .

Repworld I will like to emphasize that you are not being ostracized, marginalized or discriminated against. You have only been told to stop posting the links of the gen watches repeatedly, because they were serving no purpose. That was all.
Feel free to continue to post what you like, and your opinion toward the AP diver. I respect your point of view that you think that the JF V10 is "flawless". That is your opinion and I understand that you see it that way. Your right to opinion is equal to mine and everyone else here, all I ask is that you do not list them as facts as it can mislead new members and cause them to have misconceptions about the replica AP divers. It can potentially cause problems for the AP community down the road, and I leave the details of what I just said, to your own understanding.

Reactions: Allure

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

I agree that not knowing the flaws increases enjoyment :) I ask because I also get tons of enjoyment knowing it’s near flawless because the only flaws are only xyz

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I agree that not knowing the flaws increases enjoyment :) I ask because I also get tons of enjoyment knowing it’s near flawless because the only flaws are only xyz

You are a gen AP/Patek owner, like I am.
You will agree no doubt, when you have the JF V10 or ZF in hand, that the flaws are not worth discussing. I am not trivializing the flaws. But when it comes to AP reps, you have on one hand the AP ROOs with a host of flaws and you have the recent diver and ZF 15500 (to name another example) which are very convincing on the wrist in real life. I have 20/20 vision and very good visual acuity, but real life watches are not enlarged forum pics, and I cannot always call it as it is in real life, I freely admit, without having the watch to study.
Like I mentioned, that should be good enough for most here and a testament to how far these replica watch makers have come. I think we should spend more time appreciating this progress. Carrying off a luxury watch (gen or rep) in real life takes a meaningful combination of confidence, attitude and aplomb. There are guys who can make a rep appear gen and vice versa. Its not only about the obsession over tells.

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
One of the most overrated watches on this forum. Doesn't have the sleekness, sharp lines and class of the regular Royal Oak and neither does it have the fun factor of the Offshore chronographs or coloured divers. The dial is also beginning to look dated.

Sold mine after 4 months.

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
You will agree no doubt, when you have the JF V10 or ZF in hand, that the flaws are not worth discussing. I am not trivializing the flaws. But when it comes to AP reps, you have on one hand the AP ROOs with a host of flaws and you have the recent diver and ZF 15500 (to name another example) which are very convincing on the wrist in real life. I have 20/20 vision and very good visual acuity, but real life watches are not enlarged forum pics, and I cannot always call it as it is in real life, I freely admit, without having the watch to study.
Like I mentioned, that should be good enough for most here and a testament to how far these replica watch makers have come. I think we should spend more time appreciating this progress. Carrying off a luxury watch (gen or rep) in real life takes a meaningful combination of confidence, attitude and aplomb. There are guys who can make a rep appear gen and vice versa. Its not only about the obsession over tells.

It will be really interesting to compare my gen rubber strap and see what if any differences there are. And if the rep screw will work on the gen (since a screw fell out at some point on the strap)

If not too much to ask, what are the common flaws on the ROOs? Like a 1-2 sentence answer would be plenty :)

My JFv10 15703 going to be here any moment, at local post office since yesterday pending delivery. I’m mostly concerned about whether the td really sent a v10 or not

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If not too much to ask, what are the common flaws on the ROOs? Like a 1-2 sentence answer would be plenty :)

For 42mm, Thickness, hands, pusher/crown alignment, dial details (for many models), date window position, date font and magnification (V2 is close but still not exact), tachy font, movement, date change (instant for gen vs gradual for rep), just to name the few off the top of my head.

Reactions: Allure

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21

It will be really interesting to compare my gen rubber strap and see what if any differences there are. And if the rep screw will work on the gen (since a screw fell out at some point on the strap)

My JFv10 15703 going to be here any moment, at local post office since yesterday pending delivery. I’m mostly concerned about whether the td really sent a v10 or not

ChineseGeraldGenta

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/21
For 42mm, Thickness, hands, pusher/crown alignment, dial details (for many models), date window position, date font and magnification (V2 is close but still not exact), tachy font, movement, date change (instant for gen vs gradual for rep), just to name the few off the top of my head.

Sounds too far from gen for me to wear. I like the idea of having a quality near perfect copy (that way I feel like it’s a good deal and good craftsmanship for fraction of cost) vs a cheap imitation with tons of flaws. That’s why I’ve only gotten a few out of the many many possibilities so far

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Sounds too far from gen for me to wear. I like the idea of having a quality near perfect copy (that way I feel like it’s a good deal and good craftsmanship for fraction of cost) vs a cheap imitation with tons of flaws. That’s why I’ve only gotten a few out of the many many possibilities so far

Then grab the diver... the differences are academic at best. On wrist nobody is going to tell, unless they're very very close to you and also have an intimate knowledge of AP. The diver is close enough really...

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Then grab the diver... the differences are academic at best. On wrist nobody is going to tell, unless they're very very close to you and also have an intimate knowledge of AP. The diver is close enough really...

Finally. Someone gets it.
In short if someone calls out a rep diver on your wrist, you can turn to him and say "oh bugger off, legend/ QueTip !" :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Based on this post, try the ZF15500, XF FC diver or JF V10/ ZF 15703 if you are after an AP. Or of course... the AP frankens in the member sales section like the one Revolper is selling. That one is a very unique AP franken and you may wish to try it. Same visual closeness as the JF diver I would say. Nobody will call you out and if he does, you can be almost certain that the guy is either me or Quetip. It is Quetip if you see him wearing a T shirt with a cute baby animal on the it with a random slogan about being contented or happy or something lol.