• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The green-ish hands were my big concern with the v10 (especially when the v9.5 were fine, so something of a regression on that part) but I bought the v10 that Sead offered and they have either improved the green hands issue or it doesn't look as bed in real life, as I was positively surprised when I received it.

Now have sent it off to my modder/servicer to spruce it up in any way remaining.

Mine was a v10 and the hands were okay, but still too green (but that's being really picky) - but yeah I had one of the first "ghost lines" model several months ago... just got lucky. Posted some pics on this thread when I got it... page 10 or so.

Anyway regardless it's a great watch for you, just not for me. Enjoy.

jeets

Horology Curious
14/10/19
The green-ish hands were my big concern with the v10 (especially when the v9.5 were fine, so something of a regression on that part) but I bought the v10 that Sead offered and they have either improved the green hands issue or it doesn't look as bed in real life, as I was positively surprised when I received it.

Now have sent it off to my modder/servicer to spruce it up in any way remaining.

Who is your modder? I’m looking for someone in the EU?

What do you think your modder will do to improve?

I want to sell my 9.5 and get the v10 but I want to get it right this time! As mine had the misalignment issue which I can’t unsee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Now we need 15706 V10 .
giphy.gif

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyone receive second batch? Still greenish hands issue?

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

How do the hands on this one look. Are they white or greenish?

It's hard to tell in the lighting used.

Porsche930

Horology Curious
22/6/17
Denmark
Is it possible to buy a nice leather strap in the EU for this beautiful watch? It looks like the sellers of straps are inactive.

Porsche930

Horology Curious
22/6/17
Denmark
I can google the same low quality as you can buy on Wish, but I think the watch deserves better. The offered are the "horn back" and there surely tells "FAKE". There must be a market for the 28mm AP's......

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I can google the same low quality as you can buy on Wish, but I think the watch deserves better. The offered are the "horn back" and there surely tells "FAKE". There must be a market for the 28mm AP's......

It is simply down to your budget. In the low category, there aren’t many options in Europe - period. If you are ready to spend the same amount you pay for your watch there are plenty - Atelier du Bracelet Patisien (ABP), Jean Rousseau, VIC, etc. You get the highest quality at the highest price (which is a direct consequence of European cost of living). Unfortunately if you budget is restrained, you have to go overseas, South America or Asia. Plenty of choice there with the highest price/quality ratio. I have few from Ziczac and quality is unbeatable for the price