• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
My ZF diver arrived today. Looks pretty good. Some areas are not 100% clean, but overall it is very nice to wear. I had to try the bezel. Does not feel too good and as legend always say I will avoid touching it in the future.

Reactions: EuroTime25

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Update:
after 9 days of wearing it I already lost a caseback screw.
Naturally I am very disappointed :-(
I wrote Toro, where I ordered the watch, to please send me a replacement. Let’s see if he can help me.
Has anybody experienced something like that with a ZF 15703?
After reading everything here I had very high expectations.

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Its a general rule to replica watches to ALLWAYS tight your screws when you recive a new watch, and check them again time to time.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I just tightened the rest of the screws and pretty much all were loose. Same for a 15500.
This is hard to understand. There are much more complicated processes in making a watch than tightening the caseback screws. I did not expect something like this. I guess I had to learn it the hard way.
Anyway: my TD promised to order one. So hopefully that will work out.

repreg123

7/8/19
Can someone help me understand the love for these watches? E.g. by posting some pictures of an AP diver you love and telling me what you like about it..

So far all divers I have seen look like G-Shocks kid's watches.. and so thick..

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Can someone help me understand the love for these watches? E.g. by posting some pictures of an AP diver you love and telling me what you like about it..

that is the oddest question from someone thats been around for two years already

Reactions: legend

repreg123

7/8/19
that is the oddest question from someone thats been around for two years already

De gustibus non est disputandum.. just want to see if my taste is just so different or there actually is some model I haven't seen that I would find to be nice

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
De gustibus non est disputandum.. just want to see if my taste is just so different or there actually is some model I haven't seen that I would find to be nice

Many years ago, I thought more or less like you, then I bought my first AP, the RB II… and wow!! My mind changed radically … now I think RM are ugly as F… but if I try one maybe I change my mind again.
Taste in watches is not same trying than watching in pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meicmo84

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

They are huge watches, they wear more like a 46mm than a 42mm due to the gigantic crown guards. Whilst 14mm thick doesn't sound like much the fact that the sides go straight down without any curvature make it feel like a 16-17mm thick watch.

I would like them to make a smaller version but doubt they ever will.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Repgreg123 This is for you a JF v7 diver

221aa79fafbc201bbca33cf32b07785a.jpg

7fdddff61e75181c763da080813066bc.jpg

e9f8147ca615ad8d85e051615b4ac67d.jpg

2b409f848c9b6237371f7f1aaf60e3d2.jpg

9f24379ed81f36b847b53053392cca2f.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

It doesn’t work that way.

You can get 10 different guys posting their divers and telling you why they love it and you can even find it appealing on their wrists but a watch is very individual and your connection with it will be highly subjective.

You either like it or you don’t and there is nothing wrong at all if you don’t like it at all.
The diver is a relatively chunky watch and like any other AP it’s not for everyone.
Nobody can explain the appeal of a watch fully to you, and transfer that appeal to you with their words. Ultimately you still have to try it on and see how it works for you. Just buy one and try it on. It beats everyone trying to tell you about it. It’s not an expensive watch, just flip it if you don’t like it.
Makes sense?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA

Easy tell me what kind of car do you drive? So I can relate to you the answer that will help you underatand.

Last edited:

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Not really sure how to explain personal preference to you.

Some people like Porsches, other people think they look like Volkswagen beetles. Some people like Ferraris, some people think they’re overhyped fiats for old dudes.

Same thing, some people like AP’s whereas some people think they’re ghastly. We can’t really convince you to like something that you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: g-yice

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Not really sure how to explain personal preference to you.

Some people like Porsches, other people think they look like Volkswagen beetles. Some people like Ferraris, some people think they’re overhyped fiats for old dudes.

Same thing, some people like AP’s whereas some people think they’re ghastly. We can’t really convince you to like something that you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh Porsche and VW Beetles are the same car...nice try. Ha ha

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
My ZF Diver (curtesy of Li) has been traveling to me since the 11th of last month. Hoping to see the day it makes it.

No idea if I’ll like it on my wrist or not. The older I get, the smaller the watches I like get.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
My ZF Diver (curtesy of Li) has been traveling to me since the 11th of last month. Hoping to see the day it makes it.

No idea if I’ll like it on my wrist or not. The older I get, the smaller the watches I like get.

Then i'm guessing you won't like it, it might be quoted as a 42mm but it's more like a 45-46mm with those massive crown guards and a lug to lug of 57mm.

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Then i'm guessing you won't like it, it might be quoted as a 42mm but it's more like a 45-46mm with those massive crown guards and a lug to lug of 57mm.

I suspect the same. It’s inbound now after all. There may be a fresh new ZF diver in the FS section mid next week :)