• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thx for the feedback.

Affirmatively this upgraded dial is closer to gen
And JF expects a spike in revenues as in order n not merely selling just the inner bezel.

Perhaps wait for a little before they permit sale of just the inner bezel.

Indeed, this upgraded rep watch is still affordable.
I like the idea of additional watch as a back up for parts.

The Crsystal, strap, Case, srews, some markers and hands ..... all of this stuff could be needed one day.
Price at my TD for V10 is the same as the V9.5 was.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbaylee

simey83

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/8/12
U.K.
Hi Guys, just got these sample pics from my TD, said it’s the “latest version”. Hard to tell but it does seem to have the updated inner bezel?

6f93b38509e149681bcdc82e7ecfd6e3.jpg
1517babd26a528ce8af620495cb90532.jpg

Cheers
Simey

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Hi Guys, just got these sample pics from my TD, said it’s the “latest version”. Hard to tell but it does seem to have the updated inner bezel?

Cheers
Simey

Its hard to tell on this low res pics.
I would guess its the updated version, because I think I can see the ghostlines on the 2. photo at the "20".

simey83

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/8/12
U.K.
I would guess its the updated version, because I think I can see the ghostlines on the 2. photo at the "20".

Yea, and the triangle. Was just enquiring. Might go ahead and order one.

Cheers

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Any chance they will update their ceramic diver to have the same 3D effect?

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18

6f93b38509e149681bcdc82e7ecfd6e3.jpg
1517babd26a528ce8af620495cb90532.jpg

Cheers
Simey

The low quality pictures don't help, however imo this is not the updated version because the updated one has really crisp 3D Letters which should be visible in these pictures. You should still ask your TD for higher resolution pictures and close ups of the dial to be 100% sure.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

the ghost line around the digi 20 is obvious. Nonetheless no harm requesting for a closed up pic. Beautiful

Reactions: simey83

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Anyone wanting the new version, I suggest you wait for a month. They are still clearing our stock and QC rejects from previous version (This is the advice from my TD). This is a popular model and moves fast.

Also, Andrew (Trusty) told me that JF is not selling the parts separately now. Li is inquiring with the factory now.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
The low quality pictures don't help, however imo this is not the updated version because the updated one has really crisp 3D Letters which should be visible in these pictures. You should still ask your TD for higher resolution pictures and close ups of the dial to be 100% sure.
This is not the latest batch. No outline.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is not the latest batch. No outline.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like your reference to the lume border as "outlines" because in actual fact this is what it is. Simply a white base upon which the lume numbers are attached, leaving a border or outlines around the numbers. In real life these are clear and distinct, and there is no reason to call them "ghost lines" at all.
But whatever they are called, this is a good progress if true. I will like to see one posted by owner instead of dealer before commenting. I never fully trust dealers for obvious reasons.

APNL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/20
APNL2 who's the TD mate?

I ordered it from PureTime as V9.5 on bracelet, But it seems to me that every TD can deliver it, they just order them from the JF factory.

Maybe the bracelet version was upgraded first and the version with rubber strap will come later?

I have had a lot of private messages with questions, most of which I have answered.I think it is best to order the version on bracelet or wait a month for the rubber, maybe they will use up the old stock first.

I hope it delivered next week, then I will immediately take some pictures for the forum.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I ordered it from PureTime as V9.5 on bracelet, But it seems to me that every TD can deliver it, they just order them from the JF factory.

Maybe the bracelet version was upgraded first and the version with rubber strap will come later?

I have had a lot of private messages with questions, most of which I have answered.I think it is best to order the version on bracelet or wait a month for the rubber, maybe they will use up the old stock first.

I hope it delivered next week, then I will immediately take some pictures for the forum.

Thanks, well, I'm not in hurry, I will wait a few weeks till my contact get some in hands.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
JTime got back to me and he confirmed that the diver has been updated. However for the FC model, no news of any updates and infact they do not have any stock. So i guess the FC will be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14

Mind sharing some of your other qc pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk