• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
You are a gen AP owner yourself bro. Which movement in rep APs looks even remotely like the gen? :hehehe:
Yes the AP caliber 3126/3840 is a basic stacked chrono caliber and rather outdated by now vs its rivals like the Hublot Unico caliber and the Daytona 4130 cal (strictly comparing chrono movements not brands or even watches) but it is very well finished and the details are amazing to look at.
I am glad that AP switched the 26470 offshores to open casebacks, it distinguishes them from the 26470 frankens, and necessitates a gen caliber to complete the look of the watch for the front and back. The bar for the franken builds are thus raised and we get to see more gen movement/rotor/datewheel frankens (or gensteins) vs the 26170ST franken models.
legend. I have question. What do you think Daytona clone movement will fit the Ap chrono (sec at 6) i saw one member franken it with Cartier chrono before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend. I have question. What do you think Daytona clone movement will fit the Ap chrono (sec at 6) i saw one member franken it with Cartier chrono before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is interesting because if the subdial positions are the same the idea can work. I think that the movement can fit the case but I’m unsure about the subdial positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
This is interesting because if the subdial positions are the same the idea can work. I think that the movement can fit the case but I’m unsure about the subdial positions.

Just leave the date window blank then lol :D

Reactions: legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Also a daytona is around 12.3mm thick whereas an AP chrono 10.something iirc

Wasted effort would seem to me. I’d rather faux chrono

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU
I Just ordered JF 15703 on trusty , I prefer the wet dial look , now the time gone be long :p

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

What about the stem position? Isn’t in the totally wrong location?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What about the stem position? Isn’t in the totally wrong location?

I only thought about the subdial positions and didn’t consider more than that. So you’re right the stem position could be totally off and of course, like what bionone mentioned the daytona movement has no date function lol.
I don’t think I considered the situation before saying one of the dumbest things ever :hehehe:

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
Hello All,
my first AP v10. Don’t rally know what to look for, especially the 3D effect. Opinions are welcome.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hello All,
my first AP v10. Don’t rally know what to look for, especially the 3D effect. Opinions are welcome.

One of the best I have seen. However please read the forum rules as you are NOT allowed to post QC pictures without a specific question/doubt about the watch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RonP and lytnin

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
Thank you...I guess my specific question was regarding the 3D bezel as correct for this QC picture. I’ll read the rules over again...it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just upgraded my account.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you...I guess my specific question was regarding the 3D bezel as correct for this QC picture. I’ll read the rules over again...it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just upgraded my account.

Basically, if you are asking about a specific aspect of the watch which you are unsure about, it is ok.
It is NOT ok to ask the community to do a general QC of the watch for you under any guise.
Personally I think your watch looks ok. All the best!

Reactions: Allure and lytnin

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

Hi to all Just bought a jf v10 from a probationary dealer here.
Can anyone confirm that its the latest v10 because i can not see the ghost line at the bezel numbers.
Thanks

Reactions: EuroTime25

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Now that i see next to your pictures with the upgraded bezel it is definitely the older model.But i bought it as v10:mad:

Reactions: EuroTime25