• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Arf, not the best release by zf.
At least it's not so bad for a 1st try.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Dial and inner ring lose to Very latest jf

dw looks better to me

case i cant tell as well as other details

movement deco also not bad

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Dial and inner ring lose to Very latest jf

dw looks better to me

case i cant tell as well as other details

movement deco also not bad

U missed out the poor / lack of embossed Lume on the digits sir, hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
U missed out the poor / lack of embossed Lume on the digits sir, hehehehe

It was my first line, esteemed Sir !

lose to JF, wouldnt want to buy this when jf is clearly better. This said, other aspects we can’t really tell yet

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
After receiving my QC pics and checking them I have sa small issue. Would be appreciated if you could give me your input.

Do you guys think that the small white spot under the A in "Swiss MADE" is an ink spill. The spot appears on all my QC in exactly the same spot, so it cant be an reflection or dust on the xtal.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
After receiving my QC pics and checking them I have sa small issue. Would be appreciated if you could give me your input.

Do you guys think that the small white spot under the A in "Swiss MADE" is an ink spill. The spot appears on all my QC in exactly the same spot, so it cant be an reflection or dust on the xtal.

Everything is perfectly aligned, one of the best ones I’ve seen so far

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Everything is perfectly aligned, one of the best ones I’ve seen so far

i know i am also amazed by the alignment. Its just this small white spot I am worried about. If its an ink spill it would be hard to unsee.
But maybe its best to GL it and if its really an ink spill I can have it cleaned when I send it to service.
The ink should be possible to be removed/scratched off.
ZmBgrK.png

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
i know i am also amazed by the alignment. Its just this small white spot I am worried about. If its an ink spill it would be hard to unsee.
But maybe its best to GL it and if its really an ink spill I can have it cleaned when I send it to service.
The ink should be possible to be removed/scratched off.
ZmBgrK.png

That is IMO simply not a reason to not accept a watch :) Get it, you won’t get a better one

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Aaah....

i think ZF will kill JF 15703 , inner bezel shared by kobe noway to distinguish gen vs rep , and kobe announced JF have open and close case back genuine sample so 100% there’s comparison.

Reactions: jasonbaylee

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I also suspect this spot is far to small to be visible by the naked eye. What would you say?

You’re right.
However it’s entirely up to you to decide what you can accept and what you cannot. It’s something the community cannot decide for you ultimately.

Reactions: Allure

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
You’re right.
However it’s entirely up to you to decide what you can accept and what you cannot. It’s something the community cannot decide for you ultimately.

Thanks for your input.
I GL the watchfew days ago because I really don't care about a spot that small.
The decision should always be done by yourself so you can live with it. If something is not clear, some input from other members is always very valuable. I just wanted the expertise of some fellow members and I got it ... it helped me a lot.
Thanks to all of you!

Reactions: RonP and legend

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
i think ZF will kill JF 15703 , inner bezel shared by kobe noway to distinguish gen vs rep , and kobe announced JF have open and close case back genuine sample so 100% there’s comparison.

I like whatever ZF is doing when it’s up to AP (even RM). I’ll choose any AP from ZF over JF now... and I’m still a JF fan

Reactions: SuperLory