• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hell of a first rep! Congratulations. Assuming you don't (through pure bad luck) get a DOA watch or similar, you're genuinely going to wonder why people would pay 20k when you can buy something so similar for a couple of hundred. And the addiction begins.....

Well very true, but we need to also remember that without the gen (and people who will pay $20k for them), the rep will not exist :hehehe:.
Your reasoning is true of course, in the context of purely the gen vs rep price and relative quality comparison. If I have to pick on the steel diver reps, I will just prefer a 2836 movement vs a 2824 or miyota one.

Artis

Horology Curious
28/9/20
Artis while i see a beautiful modern font dateweheel..i dont see the improved inner ring. Is this a 15710 ?

yeah, i specified i want the one with the updated inner ring - this was the second set of qc pics, think it’s because of the photo quality - will update you as soon as i receive it

Artis

Horology Curious
28/9/20
Artis while i see a beautiful modern font dateweheel..i dont see the improved inner ring. Is this a 15710 ?

It is the 15710 and you are right - it seems to have the old ring - I just mailed Andrew from trusty about it. Didn't know there could be differences between the same "v10" editions from same TD/ factory.

Would be a bit sad to get the v10 with the old inner ring :(

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It is the 15710 and you are right - it seems to have the old ring - I just mailed Andrew from trusty about it. Didn't know there could be differences between the same "v10" editions from same TD/ factory.

Would be a bit sad to get the v10 with the old inner ring :(

The 15710 dive bezel lume construction is different from the 15703. It is flatter, font size and spacing are different and the borders are not as obvious.
So yours is visually correct the way it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The 15710 dive bezel lume construction is different from the 15703. It is flatter, font size and spacing are different and the borders are not as obvious.
So yours is visually correct the way it looks.

What he said

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Can you translate?

bro you trolling ah

anyway I hate he doesnt stand still with one next to the other nor take shots with same datewheel or hour set. My OCD is killing me.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
bro you trolling ah

anyway I hate he doesnt stand still with one next to the other nor take shots with same datewheel or hour set. My OCD is killing me.

So was I. I thought I was the only one bro

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
bro you trolling ah

The only true cure for being OCD is to buy the gen. Guess how I found out lol

Reactions: Allure

Kevin Bo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/14
Member since 2014 and doesn’t know the QC rules... what is your exact concern with this Diver? A specific question would help

Sorry. As long as it seems okay in general. Its okay for me. I do not understand much. I just order the one with 3D shape. Apologies in advance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As long as you find it okay, it's okay. You can't just ask for general opinions on your QC.

What he said.

Please Kevin Bo its your watch.. don't need the community to do QC for you, especially when this is a $400 rep watch.
It is not that hard to just learn what to look out for and do the QC yourself.