• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
So the 15703 V10 is still elusive?

Looks like they only have the 15710 V10 up. The closed caseback is essential for super rep status, although this doesn't really matter since any watch you can rock with confidence means more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Looks like they only have the 15710 V10 up. The closed caseback is essential for super rep status, although this doesn't really matter since any watch you can rock with confidence means more.

The Only reason small stock v10 with big stock v9.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS

Even close case back this is still not super rep. It just good rep. The case, brush, crow, screw still not super level yet. But the dial and bezel on 15710 and 15703 is pretty close. So right now this is on the best u can see. At bottom, i attached the gen picture but this is one the worst gen i even seen, the lume cannot compare to our v10 lolz.
657f7e39b9c3ae37aa694fa7e6a62a3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Even close case back this is still not super rep. It just good rep. The case, brush, crow, screw still not super level yet. But the dial and bezel on 15710 and 15703 is pretty close. So right now this is on the best u can see. At bottom, i attached the gen picture but this is one the worst gen i even seen, the lume cannot compare to our v10 lolz.

Interesting! I don't consider brushing on gens as an issue, I can easily do my own brushing with my tools to gen spec. Also instagram is nearly 99% filtered so a pop filter can bring out features not present in real life. To eagle eyes in the rep community every single feature is scrutinized so photos online must be sifted for untouched ones.

I definitely agree it's not perfect. Nonetheless it's a badass rep of a $20,000+ watch that does everything it needs to do and more.

Love the conversation here!

Reactions: mrsullivan

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

What do you think about case construction v10 15703? How close to genuine , the thickness match Gen.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Thanks for your input kennygconspiracy and I agree with you.
The idea of a "super rep" is always subjective, and the definition of a criteria and such are always debatable.
I personally segregate watches only by reps (stock and modded reps, frankens), gens and gensteins (built from gen watch parts 100% but parts aren't from the same watch)
I believe that the greatest tell of any rep is always the wearer. I can (and have on a bet) worn a stock V7 diver to a meeting of AP enthusiast friends once and nobody called it out as a rep. We were close enough for them to do so and jest about it immediately if they even suspect so. Attitude and confidence are important for carrying off an AP (gen or rep, doesn't matter, they both look "AP")
I have also seen guys who can make gens look suspicious on their wrists. Attitude and confidence can be facilitated by wealth and power, but you do not necessarily need them to convincingly rock an AP. The watch does not maketh the man, but the watch can be an extension of the wearer's persona and expressions.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Thanks for your input kennygconspiracy and I agree with you.
The idea of a "super rep" is always subjective, and the definition of a criteria and such are always debatable.
I personally segregate watches only by reps (stock and modded reps, frankens), gens and gensteins (built from gen watch parts 100% but parts aren't from the same watch)
I believe that the greatest tell of any rep is always the wearer. I can (and have on a bet) worn a stock V7 diver to a meeting of AP enthusiast friends once and nobody called it out as a rep. We were close enough for them to do so and jest about it immediately if they even suspect so. Attitude and confidence are important for carrying off an AP (gen or rep, doesn't matter, they both look "AP")
I have also seen guys who can make gens look suspicious on their wrists. Attitude and confidence can be facilitated by wealth and power, but you do not necessarily need them to convincingly rock an AP. The watch does not maketh the man, but the watch can be an extension of the wearer's persona and expressions.

Wow I love the last sentence albeit not saying the rest ain’t remarkable! Hehehehe

Love the power in the last sentence !

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Looks like the over-greenish hands are now gone too...this looks good so far, can't wait to see the early adopters' QC!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
ah ok..there is no saturation on those photos, looks like b&w yet you see the hands and marker are 2 quite different colors. Let's hope and see

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Anyone else notice that on the trustytime photos, there doesn’t seem to be any tapisserie (the engraved lines) on the dial?