• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Got QC for the V10 as well. Updated bezel. Will post photos.

Bezel numerals are now 3D. DW looks better too.
1eee0d29d8deb5ef9ecbbdf4c1872126.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
TDs? Would be interesting as update has not been release yet (we know KS can get it, who else?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS

Can u take more clear picture please? It look like over lume it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Another pic under sunlight please.

Tobel

6/7/17
Guys KennyG says it's a QC pic. I'm sure he'll share plenty of pics when he actually receives the watch :)

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Guys KennyG says it's a QC pic. I'm sure he'll share plenty of pics when he actually receives the watch :)
Haha, exactly bro. Thank you for helping with the clarification. Aye, the TD is Eric from GeekTime :) he had only 4 pieces after waiting for months. The limited stock is definitely interesting.

I will give a mini review just like with my VSF Worldtimer and RXF 116610LN when I get it. And as most of you may know, all my reviews have plenty of photos ;)

RXF 116610 LN Mini Review

VSF Aqua Terra Worldtimer Mini Review

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbaylee

Just Cavalli

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/4/14
Haha, exactly bro. Thank you for helping with the clarification. Aye, the TD is Eric from GeekTime :) he had only 4 pieces after waiting for months. The limited stock is definitely interesting.

I will give a mini review just like with my VSF Worldtimer and RXF 116610LN when I get it. And as most of you may know, all my reviews have plenty of photos ;)

Nice.

Did this one come with xs strap or not?

Tobel

6/7/17

Ahahah anytime man :) looking forward to your review

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I like your description of the bezel numbers. You called it “3D” which is accurate, simple and factual. The term “ghost lines” is a misnomer IMHO much like saying “pinion” when referring to the hand base.
Anyway beautiful watch, congrats!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I like your description of the bezel numbers. You called it “3D” which is accurate, simple and factual. The term “ghost lines” is a misnomer IMHO much like saying “pinion” when referring to the hand base.
Anyway beautiful watch, congrats!

Hey A,

I've had this watch in hand. The rep that is. Ghost lines is probably more accurate than 3D because when you hold one in your hand and look you'll see the text is much the same. They have literally drawn a ghost line around it! I don't think it's the same as gen, but from a distance it certainly "holds up". In my view anyway.

So although what you're saying is probably the most accurate for the gen, funny enough i think ghost-line fits the rep perfectly.

Please note, this only applies to the V10. I posted some pictures of mine sometime ago and since got rid of it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey A,

I've had this watch in hand. The rep that is. Ghost lines is probably more accurate than 3D because when you hold one in your hand and look you'll see the text is much the same. They have literally drawn a ghost line around it! I don't think it's the same as gen, but from a distance it certainly "holds up". In my view anyway.

So although what you're saying is probably the most accurate for the gen, funny enough i think ghost-line fits the rep perfectly.

Please note, this only applies to the V10. I posted some pictures of mine sometime ago and since got rid of it.

Haha I know what you mean J and it’s ironic. :hehehe:

In the gen the borders around the numbers are solid and white. And the lume built within the borders look “3D”. That was why I thought KennyG’s description was apt.
I’ve not seen the rep but I trust what you’re saying.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The smooth second hand needs to be addressed as well ;-)

I think we all get it that these are reps and there are flaws we can accept and flaws we definitely cannot. The 28800 bph vs 21600 bph issue exists without doubt, but for me it is not an obvious tell unless I hold both watches side by side and compare them. I think that there are guys here however, who can tell a 28800 beat from a 21600 one by looking. I am just not one of those talented chaps lol.
For me, if I choose to purchase a rep 15703 diver, I will be happy if I can mod it to have a low beat serviced 2836 movement (more of since I will service the watch to make it reliable, may as well convert it to low beat, and 2836 because I want an instant date change- a stupid pet peeve of mine lol), an updated dive bezel, an accurate DW and I can live with the rest of the flaws. Meaning, I will be happy to purchase an XF 15707 V2 and transplant the movement into the 15703 after servicing it and converting it to low beat. The DW is nice on that model and iteration for me.

These are all subjective, we have our own individual lists of "I need this done" and "this won't do!". No right and wrong, just preferences for each of us.