• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Are the dimensions of this watch the same as the 15500 (apart from the thickness).

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Are the dimensions of this watch the same as the 15500 (apart from the thickness).

No, just look at the two watches..

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Your v9.5 dont have the outline. They were over fill the lume. The one APLN2 is correct outline inner. I just say correct but not as gen. On gen look little bit deeper as they engraving and stamp the white outline on top the engraved, then fill the 3d lume in the middle, that what i guessed. I have then gen inner ring without lume and that what i saw one mine. I dont have the scope here but will order one from amazon and did the comparison of it. The one that kobe24 shared while ago about gen inner vs ZF. Look similar to this. Hopefully ZF will come out something nice for Diver competes with JF. One thing i forgot to mention that some of the markers on dial were not aligned. The Dial tap and swirl looks similar to gen. Good job JF for update the dial and inner ring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The genuine diver inner bezel marker has a very very narrow gap without paint. the JF new inner bezel doesn't have it, hope ZF can do that :)

Reactions: Kingquest_s

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
The genuine inner bezel marker :)

Wechat-IMG165.jpg

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
The genuine diver inner bezel marker has a very very narrow gap without paint. the JF new inner bezel doesn't have it, hope ZF can do that :)

Good lord... is ZF doing a steel cased AP diver? I think I'll have a pile of AP's before too long if so.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
The genuine inner bezel marker :)

Wechat-IMG165.jpg
@kobe24 Too bad i dont have macro len here. Wish had one. Zoom my picture close to my gen inner ring (look at the number 20), you would see clearly the number which be engraved on the bezel, just like the rolex submariner and GMT. Instead filling with platinum as Rolex, AP stamped it in white and fill it with 3d lume. I hope ZF can copy it. I wont see until i have the gen without lume and realize how they make the famous inner ring.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

kudos

18/2/14
Is this a worthy upgrade as I have a JF v7, I always that was supposed to be a super rep but as I don't frequent the forums that often I did come across some posts that said the datewheel was wrong but then another article said JF was correct based on the serial. I have the closed caseback version. I know the high beat is incorrect but what other flaws does the JF V7 have that I may not be aware of as I would like to upgrade to this new version. Thanks

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Is this a worthy upgrade as I have a JF v7, I always that was supposed to be a super rep but as I don't frequent the forums that often I did come across some posts that said the datewheel was wrong but then another article said JF was correct based on the serial. I have the closed caseback version. I know the high beat is incorrect but what other flaws does the JF V7 have that I may not be aware of as I would like to upgrade to this new version. Thanks
I still have my v7 and wear it daily too. However. I dont consider it as super rep cause nothing closed. Until this v9.5 silence updated, i consider it as good rep not super rep. Even though they did update for dial and bezel closed to gen but not quite accept as super rep. Im still waiting for real picture not QC. But i will mod my v7 to an fantasy watch with ceramic bezel.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I had the old v9.5, excellent build, nice to see an update on the bezel which honestly did not bother me much. Curious to know, does the case back still lose its colour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@kobe24 Too bad i dont have macro len here. Wish had one. Zoom my picture close to my gen inner ring (look at the number 20), you would see clearly the number which be engraved on the bezel, just like the rolex submariner and GMT. Instead filling with platinum as Rolex, AP stamped it in white and fill it with 3d lume. I hope ZF can copy it. I wont see until i have the gen without lume and realize how they make the famous inner ring.

+1 what he said about the gen construction. It is factually correct 100%.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I had the old v9.5, excellent build, nice to see an update on the bezel which honestly did not bother me much. Curious to know, does the case back still lose its colour?

The best case back bases on my research that HF. But it hard to get it. Or you can swap it with noob case back.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Yes no doubt JF makes the best case, but the plating fades easily when worn. Its similar to the quality of plating on the JF and Noob yachtmaster bezels.