• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
AP Diver JF Now with inner bezel "3D" effect (V10).

Why can't the inner bezel be moded or changed with Gen bezel?

Why can’t? Why can’t not?

As legend had profound explained about this unique embossing on the lume which will create an impeccable outline which was technically correct as compared to “ghost line” on the digits are done by machine in AP factory.

Like many, I joined the choir in singing praises to JF.

I do not know any ladies fingers can do this delicate embossing atm but of cos i stand to be corrected

I did not utter that gen bezel cant be used ley.

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Why can’t? Why can’t not?

As legend had profound explained about this unique embossing on the lume which will create an impeccable outline which was technically correct as compared to “ghost line” on the digits are done by machine in AP factory.

Like many, I joined the choir in singing praises to JF.

I do not know any ladies fingers can do this delicate embossing atm but of cos i stand to be corrected

Ok now I got what you meant.
I think that on the V9.5 it was also not possible to add the "3D" lume, to make it look more gen like. The only option always was to change for a GEN bezel. please correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway from what I have seen until now the V10 looks much more GEN like. After seeing some more photos from members after they received the watch, I will make my desicion.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbaylee

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Jasonbaylee was right in saying that the dive bezel cannot be modded to be like the gen. But he did not say that it cannot be changed out for the gen. It in fact can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it can be changed with an GEN Bezel. I was just a bit confused when he said ""Inner bezel can’t be modded to gen-like in the latest version" and wanted to clarify what he meant. But my post was not well written so it was not clear what I meant.
Thank you legend, for your input, all the info and help you give to this community.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I knew it can be changed with an GEN Bezel. I was just a bit confused when he said ""Inner bezel can’t be modded to gen-like in the latest version" and wanted to clarify what he meant. But my post was not well written so it was not clear what I meant.
Thank you legend, for your input, all the info and help you give to this community.

And thank you time_wizard for always asking intelligent questions. I mean it.
I see how you’ve done your research and planned your diver build and it seems you’re headed well in the right direction.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
And thank you time_wizard for always asking intelligent questions. I mean it.
I see how you’ve done your research and planned your diver build and it seems you’re headed well in the right direction.

Thank you!

TBH I think that the mods which are (maybe) needed are:
  1. GEN inner bezel (hard to get) .... but lets see how good the V10 is, it will def not be like the GEN but maybe good enough
  2. Cyclop .... Profs cyclop is even better then the GEN, so JF stock might be even closer. --> Mikey stopped his production :(
  3. Mikey DW ... but I have heard he stopped printing DWs
  4. 21600 bph conversion
  5. GEN rubber strap
  6. maybe some GEN hands ... if I can get some.
  7. some members said, that the bezel screwes (hight) might also be modded to make it more GEN like
Whats the opinion from other members incl. Legend on this points? I think that only point 1., 4., 5. and maybe 6. is really necessary and/or possible but please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: farravi

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thank you!

TBH I think that the mods which are (maybe) needed are:
  1. GEN inner bezel (hard to get) .... but lets see how good the V10 is, it will def not be like the GEN but maybe good enough
  2. Cyclop .... Profs cyclop is even better then the GEN, so JF stock might be even closer. --> Mikey stopped his production :(
  3. Mikey DW ... but I have heard he stopped printing DWs
  4. 21600 bph conversion
  5. GEN rubber strap
  6. maybe some GEN hands ... if I can get some.
  7. some members said, that the bezel screwes (hight) might also be modded to make it more GEN like
Whats the opinion from other members incl. Legend on this points? I think that only point 1., 4., 5. and maybe 6. is really necessary and/or possible but please correct me if I am wrong.

We need v10 VS Genuine ..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Actually repworld you just need the genuine and all the problems solved for the diver forever. :hehehe:

Maybe there’s more silent updates in v10 , that’s why need to know, buying Rep for me 1% product 99% side by side ..

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Why can't the inner bezel be moded or changed with Gen bezel?
Look at this gen bezel and you will understand what different from the rep and gen. No lume on bezel. I show clearly the outline ok.
2276a73f8cd68ea3f706bf395ddc0ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Look at this gen bezel and you will understand what different from the rep and gen. No lume on bezel. I show clearly the outline ok.
2276a73f8cd68ea3f706bf395ddc0ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The rep outline in Low quality pic we need them together, Kobe shared it For ZF ..

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
That vid is 3 months old and that is definitely not a JF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Gen vs Rep https://youtu.be/B3lcbB-qco4

What's the point of posting this? This has been posted a while ago and it does not represent this newest version, nor does it represent the v9.5. Please stay on topic, factual and refrain from posting misleading comparisons.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
What's the point of posting this? This has been posted a while ago and it does not represent this newest version, nor does it represent the v9.5. Please stay on topic, factual and refrain from posting misleading comparisons.

What’s wrong with it , sharing some video comparison, I can’t spot outlines in genuine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk