• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yep, not a v10

Mine for reference, with its ugly greyish hands ahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not just the lume which is wrong on the hands. If you observe closely, the geometry of the hands, as well as the lume areas, are all off vs gen. It gives the watch a weird appearance when viewed dial on. And I am referring to this release, not just your watch.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
JF must fix this big hall in v11 with completely new dial lume included hands , otherwise ZF winner.
8a2efbc03aae0055a5180d1a4da7feb1.jpg

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
JF must fix this big hall in v11 with completely new dial lume included hands , otherwise ZF winner.

ZF is totally winner. I think the one ANPL2 had is ZF not JF

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Repworld I can assure you that v100 for jf and v99 for zf both won’t be perfect. Visually credible yes, but never perfect. And even if they are, you realize that it’ll be a scenario which destroys the watch model completely. An AP is supposed to be a luxurious, relatively rare and prestigious watch. What prestige will there be when you get a street chock full of guys buying and wearing the same watch just because it looks 1:1 to gen? I won’t even wear the rep FC diver even if I get one FOC, or my gen 15500s and 15400s for this very reason. :hehehe:

Gen is always good for personal collection but I prefer to be wearing an AP which has no replica counterpart or that the rep isn’t commonplace.

Reactions: Allure

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Repworld I can assure you that v100 for jf and v99 for zf both won’t be perfect. Visually credible yes, but never perfect. And even if they are, you realize that it’ll be a scenario which destroys the watch model completely. An AP is supposed to be a luxurious, relatively rare and prestigious watch. What prestige will there be when you get a street chock full of guys buying and wearing the same watch just because it looks 1:1 to gen? I won’t even wear the rep FC diver even if I get one FOC, or my gen 15500s and 15400s for this very reason. :hehehe:

Gen is always good for personal collection but I prefer to be wearing an AP which has no replica counterpart or that the rep isn’t commonplace.

Loool legend same answer , we talking about max close detail to genuine, rep will not be genuine , ZF look great now from v1 .

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Loool legend same answer , we talking about max close detail to genuine, rep will not be genuine , ZF look great now from v1 .

Ok OK how about a gif to sum up your answer? Lol

Reactions: Allure

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Hi to all AP friends, today on youtube I crossed on this video

https://youtu.be/jZdqB9MlNns

I do not understand Chinese and I could just get the title on the video JF AP 15703. On the video it looks like he is testing the stones and confirmed they are “diamonds”. So my question is if they really use low quality diamonds for the stones? And I can not find this stoned version on neither the puretime or trustytime site, could anyone help please?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi to all AP friends, today on youtube I crossed on this video

https://youtu.be/jZdqB9MlNns

I do not understand Chinese and I could just get the title on the video JF AP 15703. On the video it looks like he is testing the stones and confirmed they are “diamonds”. So my question is if they really use low quality diamonds for the stones? And I can not find this stoned version on neither the puretime or trustytime site, could anyone help please?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I can assure you they are not diamonds at all. Not even of the lowest tier quality. You get anything from glass to cheap CZ if the price of the watch is a couple of hundreds. The one that they are testing, and the ones they can supply, could be entirely different.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Does anyone know, if JF is planing other versions of the V10 in the near future? I´m looking for the version with the white dial and if there are concrete plans for a V10 I have no problem to wait a little bit.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Does anyone know, if JF is planing other versions of the V10 in the near future? I´m looking for the version with the white dial and if there are concrete plans for a V10 I have no problem to wait a little bit.

There are no “other versions” of the v10. The jf v10 refers specially to the rep of the 15703 diver. The rest of the models have their own separate versions.
FYI the diver ring numbers and lume vary for the different diver versions. It wouldn’t make sense for the v10 numbers to be applied to the white 15710 version for example. The lume for the newer variants are flat and font and spacing are different from the 15703.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend What parts from ZF/JF?

This is a matter of individual preference and not accuracy, based solely on pictorial assumptions:

Basically the ZF will be the base watch but I will use the JF bezel and screws (based on pictorial comparison), and potentially datewheel. I have not seen the ZF datewheel on any other date besides 28 so I really cannot compare. This is essentially nitpicking anyway, I like the ZF release and prefer it over the JF one.