• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I am still debating if I should have waited for the ZF instead of ordering the V10 and it would have solidified my belief if I also knew Chinese, haha.
Can you give us a rundown of the comparison between the gen and the rep?

when i find new comparison i share it here directly, I asked more TDS about 15703 ZF no one give real answer, when will ZF out he answer I don’t know , he know and all tds here know projects and Maker owners..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: derrickcrash

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I am still debating if I should have waited for the ZF instead of ordering the V10 and it would have solidified my belief if I also knew Chinese, haha.
Can you give us a rundown of the comparison between the gen and the rep?

I may be wrong cos I can’t see the embossed lume on the digit numbers on the ZF which JF has achieved in leaps on that. Logically that favours JF instead of ZF isn’t it?

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
I may be wrong cos I can’t see the embossed lume on the digit numbers on the ZF which JF has achieved in leaps on that. Logically that favours JF instead of ZF isn’t it?

I thought the same thing until I saw the ZF vs JF vs Gen comparison for the 15710 which repworld has shared as well
​​If they achieve the same attention to detail, it's ZF all the way.

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?vi...from=copy&pgid=page_detail&mod_id=mod_toolbar

Reactions: jasonbaylee

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Jf is scary close to gen in 15703. Do you think a 2xar xtal is needed?

If you know where to look, you can still see the differences between the JF watch and the gen, but such is the rep game, there is no perfect or 1:1 rep. This rep still can be called out at eye-wrist distance of course. ;)
In real life though, I agree that it is a hard spot from socially acceptable distances, but so are some other models like the XF FC diver, ZF15500 etc.

As for double AR, you need to understand that all gen APs have single AR crystal and installing a double AR crystal is just about the worst thing you can do if you want your watch to look belieavable as an AP.

Reactions: Allure

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

its there but IMHO JF has done it far better.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
horrible cyclops, bad bezel screws, the inner dive ring not showing ghost lines..i dunno...thumbs down

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

A very nice piece. Keeping great time at +- 2s a day.

The watch looks great on the rubber strap but the metal bracelet takes it to another level. It looks like a mechanical tool! Definitely one of the most masculine watches out there.

It wears ok even on my 6.5 inch wrist and isn't too heavy after taking 3 links out. It would be nice if both the gen and this had a micro adjustment clasp on the bracelet.

It's not a rapper's watch as some have mentioned. It's very tasteful in my opinion and is as elegant a watch this size gets due to its clean black dial.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hey guys, I posted on another thread but didn't quite get an answer so trying my luck here. I received my V10 and while the inner bezel has the nicer looking ghost lines, the black is now shiny almost like a Rolex ceramic insert, when it used to be mate. The pic just above shows that too.
So couple of questions: is anyone getting a mate bezel with ghost lines or are they all shiny?

Was there ever a 15703 with a shiny inner bezel or did JF introduce a new flaw?

Thanks a lot and happy new year :)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
gen 15703 had a "wet" look in the early iterations

15710 is matte and flat

Thanks a lot mate, I thought it only applied to the dial, I didn't realize that the inner bezel also used to be shiny and only the recent ones were matte. Then I guess the shiny look is not at all a flaw on the 15703 v10, on the contrary it's an improvement, great news :D