• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
have you ever seen the gen close? who knows if the feeling in the hand is the same...

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
have you ever seen the gen close? who knows if the feeling in the hand is the same...

I went to the Pudemars Aiget Boutique last week and checked out the GEN.
The feeling of the REP is like the "Swiss mede" GEN. I was amazed how they managed it to place the screws asymmetrical!

This REP is the real Deal!!!!

Last edited:

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
So I can go for aperitif now!

Thanks mate!

:D

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Let me tell u this. The Triangle is not aligned at 12. It shifted to the left. Uncrew the inner ring crown and realign it. This is happend to all the JF and some XF.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What happend with the bezel screws.. :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
ZYsceY.jpg

Hey guys
What do you think of this QC? I already rejected one from Puretime and this is the second. The markers up to 25 seem fine, then from 30 they seem slightly unaligned. I'm okay with basically everything else I think. I have to approve today...
Thanks!

Bezel screws looks realy weird :)

Reactions: gilrob

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
What happend with the bezel screws.. :)

Those are easy fix. The main thing is the inner ring is not setup right (i called it jumper click problem, legend might escalate it better than me). That why it very hard to get perfect alignment. Try it on your u will understand what i mean. I just got the v9.5. But i will list it on sale section today. It did not meet my expectations yet. I will wait for new update. But the dial is really good. If the font thicker little bit, U dont need gen. (Better than noob 3.5 and H fac).

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I've been warned in Pudemars Aiget boutique that diving with this watch was risky (if you're not a professional diver) due to the 3 X 20 indices.

For the bezel screw they just got thigten correctly for ensure waterproofing while risking your life when you're diving.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I've been warned in Pudemars Aiget boutique that diving with this watch was risky (if you're not a professional diver) due to the 3 X 20 indices.

For the bezel screw they just got thigten correctly for ensure waterproofing while risking your life when you're diving.

Your location is killing me :))))
​​​​​​

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

That's weird. Normally swiss mede watches are good divers.
At least they explain, why they have this beautiful way of placing the bezel screws. Other brands would keep it a secret and aligned, so they don't have to put in the extra effort to go the last mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Those are easy fix. The main thing is the inner ring is not setup right (i called it jumper click problem, legend might escalate it better than me). That why it very hard to get perfect alignment. Try it on your u will understand what i mean. I just got the v9.5. But i will list it on sale section today. It did not meet my expectations yet. I will wait for new update. But the dial is really good. If the font thicker little bit, U dont need gen. (Better than noob 3.5 and H fac).

Do you mean the dive bezel rotator mechanism? Yes you’re right about the free play which many of the reps have, such that when screwed down the alignment of the markers moves a little either way.
This can be improved though through some modding to the mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blingo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
Turkey
670636dbe4971b7c5679809ca8787505.jpg

My v10

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
42mm? That has got to be a joke. It's bigger than my 45.5mm Omega Planet Ocean!