• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What size is your wrist? Looks very big!

By the way, how does these 42mm divers wear in comparison to the 15400 or similar 42mm Royal Oaks?

Diver wears similar to the 42mm Royal oak Offshore but slightly bigger and a lot chunkier than the 41mm Royal oak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and sysfail

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I got mine yesterday, and i gotta say, the build quality on this one is unmatched. I've never had a rep or gen that feels more hefty and durable then this one. But it's a BIG watch. It weighs roughly 100 grams more than a sub, so you are definitely going to feel it on your wrist :)

I had the 15500 a while back, and absolutely hated wearing it. This one wears a lot nicer, the bracelet is beautifully made with smooth rounded edges. (The inside needed a bit of smoothening out)

The watch is beautiful, and i absolutely love the design, but i'm not going to keep it. why? If i wanna wear a steel sports watch for the day, i would still pick one of my subs over this one.... Guess i'm just not a AP guy, but i did give it a try :)

For reference, my wrist are 17.5 cm

You should try it on rubber strap before you sell it, completely different watch

For my taste, the diver on steel bracelet is just too much, but on rubber I love it

My 2 cents ;)

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Diver wears similar to the 42mm Royal oak Offshore but slightly bigger and a lot chunkier than the 41mm Royal oak.

Wait, is there a difference between an AP "Diver" and an AP "Offshore"? I thought they were the same thing.

I'm interested in picking up a 15706 (42mm diver/offshore), would it wear bigger or smaller than the 15400? I've tried the 15400 before and it wears slightly too big because of the stainless steel bracelet, but I feel I could pull it off if it was on a rubber strap. Would the 15706 basically be a 15400 on a rubber strap?

Thanks for helping!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wait, is there a difference between an AP "Diver" and an AP "Offshore"? I thought they were the same thing.

I'm interested in picking up a 15706 (42mm diver/offshore), would it wear bigger or smaller than the 15400? I've tried the 15400 before and it wears slightly too big because of the stainless steel bracelet, but I feel I could pull it off if it was on a rubber strap. Would the 15706 basically be a 15400 on a rubber strap?

Thanks for helping!

The "Diver", while technically still an offshore, is the common colloquial term used to describe..well, the divers. The "Offshore" is more commonly used to describe the 42 or 44mm "non diver" chrono models. There are no "42mm Royal Oaks" to my knowledge.

The diver wears very similarly to the 15400 width wise, but just more chunky in feel and definitely a lot thicker. It is not a 15400 on a rubber strap, but completely different in feel. The two are rather incomparable in terms of wearing aspect. I will encourage you to try both on at the used watch dealer's closest to you, and you will have instant understanding no word can describe to perfection.

Reactions: Allure and sysfail

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
You should try it on rubber strap before you sell it, completely different watch

For my taste, the diver on steel bracelet is just too much, but on rubber I love it

My 2 cents ;)

I did think about this, but I don’t really like watches on rubber :) So either way, it would probably end up collecting dust in the box :)

I gave it a go, and I’ll stick to Rolex and PP in the future

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The "Diver", while technically still an offshore, is the common colloquial term used to describe..well, the divers. The "Offshore" is more commonly used to describe the 42 or 44mm "non diver" chrono models. There are no "42mm Royal Oaks" to my knowledge.

The diver wears very similarly to the 15400 width wise, but just more chunky in feel and definitely a lot thicker. It is not a 15400 on a rubber strap, but completely different in feel. The two are rather incomparable in terms of wearing aspect. I will encourage you to try both on at the used watch dealer's closest to you, and you will have instant understanding no word can describe to perfection.

Have a look in your PMs, I wrote you regarding one of your old builds :)

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20

Thanks for the explanation! Looks like I will just have to try it out and find out for myself if it's going to work or not.

I was unfortunately gifted with small wrists, this wouldn't even be an issue if my wrists were bigger. :rolleyes:

Reactions: legend

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thanks for the explanation! Looks like I will just have to try it out and find out for myself if it's going to work or not.

I was unfortunately gifted with small wrists, this wouldn't even be an issue if my wrists were bigger. :rolleyes:

My wrists are 17.5cm, and I could just pull of the 15703 anc the 15500. IMO if you have smaller writs then that, I would go for a smaller model

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
My wrists are 17.5cm, and I could just pull of the 15703 anc the 15500. IMO if you have smaller writs then that, I would go for a smaller model

Mine are at ~6.25 inches (just short of 16cm). I'm guessing the 15703 is the same exact dimensions as the 15706. You think I'd be able to pull it off?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Mine are at ~6.25 inches (just short of 16cm). I'm guessing the 15703 is the same exact dimensions as the 15706. You think I'd be able to pull it off?

Take a look at the pictures i posted, it might be slightly on the larger side, but hey, if you like it, rock it :)

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17

That's a question of personal preference. I've seen women with skinny wrists rocking 44mm panerais, so as long as you like it that's all that matters.

Regarding the 15706, even if it's the same size the perception will be different as this one is steel and black vs. the 15706 all black (apart from the yellow touches)

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
What size is your wrist? Looks very big!

By the way, how does these 42mm divers wear in comparison to the 15400 or similar 42mm Royal Oaks?

my wrist is 17cm.. small wrist, but I toke the picture with wrong strap (L). I've changed strap and now is perfect.

I've tried 15400, but I prefer this. The rubber strap is more comfortable and light...

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
That's a question of personal preference. I've seen women with skinny wrists rocking 44mm panerais, so as long as you like it that's all that matters.

Regarding the 15706, even if it's the same size the perception will be different as this one is steel and black vs. the 15706 all black (apart from the yellow touches)

I have plenty of 44mm Panerai's and love them all, but that's pretty much the max size I can do. Just been curious if the 15706 or similar sized AP diver/offshore would wear even bigger than that, or similar, or smaller. There's a lot of mixed responses, so it looks like I'm going to have to try it out myself and see if it works for me or not.

my wrist is 17cm.. small wrist, but I toke the picture with wrong strap (L). I've changed strap and now is perfect.

I've tried 15400, but I prefer this. The rubber strap is more comfortable and light...

Thanks. Your wrist is still bigger than mine. I don't even quite hit 16cm lol. An extra inch of width on the wrist would make all these decisions so much easier. :(

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
Thanks. Your wrist is still bigger than mine. I don't even quite hit 16cm lol. An extra inch of width on the wrist would make all these decisions so much easier. :(

mate, luckily you don't have to invest € 20,000 to try it out! LOL

C'mon, go with it!

Reactions: sysfail

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I personally like my Divers on leather, python and croc being the most gorgeous imo. I have a few of them ready for the v10... but that little bugger is still in transit

A lizard strap as example

832668936ed8675dfb9d286970605df0.jpg

My wrist is 17cm

Tobel

6/7/17
I have plenty of 44mm Panerai's and love them all, but that's pretty much the max size I can do. Just been curious if the 15706 or similar sized AP diver/offshore would wear even bigger than that, or similar, or smaller. There's a lot of mixed responses, so it looks like I'm going to have to try it out myself and see if it works for me or not.

In case this helps:

My wrist is 7"

Reactions: sysfail and rrr27