• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
For those of you who own both 44mm Panerai(s) and the 42mm ROO(s), which one wears bigger on the wrist?

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
ROO due to the long lug to lug

That's what I figured. The 44mm Panerai's are pretty much the max I can do in terms of wearability and overall size, and the 15202 which I own is the max for lug to lug length. The AP Diver's have been really catching my attention, but I figured they'd be far too big for my small wrists (~6.25 inches) seeing as the 15202 is already borderline in terms of the lug to lug length.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For those of you who own both 44mm Panerai(s) and the 42mm ROO(s), which one wears bigger on the wrist?

they wear the same to me. Luminor with bettarini case

the ones with 1950 case wears bigger

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
AP Diver JF Now with inner bezel "3D" effect (V10).

they wear the same to me. Luminor with bettarini case

the ones with 1950 case wears bigger

Superlory has been bestowed with a in between wrist size n he can wear anything up to 47mm Pammy 127 yaaa...

sysfail, 6.25” wrist size is still acceptable for a 42mm AP ROO. You will be accustomed to it’s size over time but not for a 44mm AP ROO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Superlory has been bestowed with a in between wrist size n he can wear anything up to 47mm Pammy 127 yaaa...

sysfail, 6.25” wrist size is still acceptable for a 42mm AP ROO. You will be accustomed to it’s size over time but not for a 44mm AP ROO

Interesting. I know I definitely can't pull off the 47mm PAMs. I guess I'm worried most about the overhang of the lugs on an ROO. The 15202 has a slight lug overhang on my wrist which already bother me so I don't wear it very often, and I'm assuming the ROO would be even worse in that regard right (39mm vs 42mm)? I don't know if the rubber strap makes any significant difference.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Interesting. I know I definitely can't pull off the 47mm PAMs. I guess I'm worried most about the overhang of the lugs on an ROO. The 15202 has a slight lug overhang on my wrist which already bother me so I don't wear it very often, and I'm assuming the ROO would be even worse in that regard right (39mm vs 42mm)? I don't know if the rubber strap makes any significant difference.

The over hang is very obvious with the steel bracelet unlike the rubber strap as you most likely will wear it in the last slot which tighten the grip around your wrists. You will be good with that in XS rubber size

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
44mm ROO I can wear, but every time i look at my wrist I have a shock (the thing is big)

Superlory why u let your mind n eye deceive you with that delusional effect Hehehe ?
AP 44mm Does look great on you n please, you can trust my eyes for that.

I suspect u been wearing your PP 5711 for too Long & neglected your APs eh, hehehehe

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20
Thanks guys. I may give it a shot if there's a good opportunity to pick one up here. Though I'm more focused on a 5711 and another PAM right now. :rolleyes:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Superlory why u let your mind n eye deceive you with that delusional effect Hehehe ?
AP 44mm Does look great on you n please, you can trust my eyes for that.

I suspect u been wearing your PP 5711 for too Long & neglected your APs eh, hehehehe

you off trail bro...I'm wearing rollies lately..

also legend is supposed to pass me a 44mm ROO to try again how good looking I'll be

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
7ae3a9bb9756648582af12fc73a9c078.jpg

Still waiting, then will post some real photos

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I got mine yesterday, and i gotta say, the build quality on this one is unmatched. I've never had a rep or gen that feels more hefty and durable then this one. But it's a BIG watch. It weighs roughly 100 grams more than a sub, so you are definitely going to feel it on your wrist :)

I had the 15500 a while back, and absolutely hated wearing it. This one wears a lot nicer, the bracelet is beautifully made with smooth rounded edges. (The inside needed a bit of smoothening out)

The watch is beautiful, and i absolutely love the design, but i'm not going to keep it. why? If i wanna wear a steel sports watch for the day, i would still pick one of my subs over this one.... Guess i'm just not a AP guy, but i did give it a try :)

For reference, my wrist are 17.5 cm

Reactions: Azazel

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
I got mine yesterday, and i gotta say, the build quality on this one is unmatched. I've never had a rep or gen that feels more hefty and durable then this one. But it's a BIG watch. It weighs roughly 100 grams more than a sub, so you are definitely going to feel it on your wrist :)

I had the 15500 a while back, and absolutely hated wearing it. This one wears a lot nicer, the bracelet is beautifully made with smooth rounded edges. (The inside needed a bit of smoothening out)

The watch is beautiful, and i absolutely love the design, but i'm not going to keep it. why? If i wanna wear a steel sports watch for the day, i would still pick one of my subs over this one.... Guess i'm just not a AP guy, but i did give it a try :)

For reference, my wrist are 17.5 cm

lol I got same watch and same size of wrist ????????

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I’d imagine even if you have a 7+in wrist that it must feel like a brick with a bracelet on. Hats off to you if you can pull it off.

Last edited:

sysfail

Known Member
11/9/20

It's here!!!

and it's big... but is wonderful!!!

it takes character to wear it.

What size is your wrist? Looks very big!

By the way, how does these 42mm divers wear in comparison to the 15400 or similar 42mm Royal Oaks?