• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I dont get what u wanna say?
Sorry if my post about the GEN Repworld posted was not ok.

I was just agreeing with your statement lol. All good.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I don't know if a Jf 10 version exist or if it is only in APLN2 wet dreams (as he said he's call it version 10)
Weeks ago I've ordered this Jf and got it few days ago. It has got the same inner bezel with ghost numbers

If u witty remarked that APLN2 had a wet dream , that’s a good wet dream I love to have too Hahahaha

However the TrUe FACT : APLN2 truly have the updated or latest AP ROO regardless what version he has coined it.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I don't know if a Jf 10 version exist or if it is only in APLN2 wet dreams (as he said he's call it version 10)
Weeks ago I've ordered this Jf and got it few days ago. It has got the same inner bezel with ghost numbers
Your v9.5 dont have the outline. They were over fill the lume. The one APLN2 is correct outline inner. I just say correct but not as gen. On gen look little bit deeper as they engraving and stamp the white outline on top the engraved, then fill the 3d lume in the middle, that what i guessed. I have then gen inner ring without lume and that what i saw one mine. I dont have the scope here but will order one from amazon and did the comparison of it. The one that kobe24 shared while ago about gen inner vs ZF. Look similar to this. Hopefully ZF will come out something nice for Diver competes with JF. One thing i forgot to mention that some of the markers on dial were not aligned. The Dial tap and swirl looks similar to gen. Good job JF for update the dial and inner ring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FoxWilde

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/18
I’m very interested in upgrading my 9.5 with this new insert. The TDs I talked to don’t have it yet, sadly

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
it is a very nice upgrade I d like to have as well, but unfortunately you will really notice it only under close inspection, I doubt that on the wrist you canl notice any difference of that kind.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
AP Diver JF Now with inner bezel "3D" effect (V10).

it is a very nice upgrade I d like to have as well, but unfortunately you will really notice it only under close inspection, I doubt that on the wrist you canl notice any difference of that kind.

Unfortunately like it or otherwise, it is noticeable to me within 30cm at certain angle when I tried it on my wrist at AD.

Especially the inverted triangle on the inner bezel

Last edited:

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Unfortunately like it or otherwise, it is noticeable to me within 30cm at certain angle when I tried it on my wrist at AD.

Somehow I agree with you , when you know what to look for it is noticeable , but it is hardly piping up like a wrong crystal a wrong dial or a wrong date Cyclops imho.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

I agree.

If you like staring at gen pics on the internet all day (like a lot of people here do), then you might conclude that the ghost outlines are NOT a big deal.

But if you have seen a gen and experience the ghost outlines in real life, you will know they ARE a big deal and make the watch POP!

Real life if high definition- unlike the internet.

Sent from the RWI App

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I agree.

If you like staring at gen pics on the internet all day (like a lot of people here do), then you might conclude that the ghost outlines are NOT a big deal.

But if you have seen a gen and experience the ghost outlines in real life, you will know they ARE a big deal and make the watch POP!

Real life if high definition- unlike the internet.

Sent from the RWI App

only if you wear for the sake of wearing you won’t be able to see it And most importantly unless the AD educate you the USP of the lume and guiding your eyes how to see it, your eyes will popped just like you well described it n I totally can’t disagree with you.

It is truly worth to get an upgraded bezel without even closed eyes staring at internet pictures or pausing many videos just to ensure trained eyes are not strained at the loose ends... once seen can be u seen unfortunately

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Your v9.5 dont have the outline. They were over fill the lume. The one APLN2 is correct outline inner. I just say correct but not as gen. On gen look little bit deeper as they engraving and stamp the white outline on top the engraved, then fill the 3d lume in the middle, that what i guessed. I have then gen inner ring without lume and that what i saw one mine. I dont have the scope here but will order one from amazon and did the comparison of it. The one that kobe24 shared while ago about gen inner vs ZF. Look similar to this. Hopefully ZF will come out something nice for Diver competes with JF. One thing i forgot to mention that some of the markers on dial were not aligned. The Dial tap and swirl looks similar to gen. Good job JF for update the dial and inner ring.

are you sure that the dial is updated?
comparing the pics from APNL2 with my JF9.5 it looks pretty much the same.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

This is exactly what it is. I fully agree with your observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
are you sure that the dial is updated?
comparing the pics from APNL2 with my JF9.5 it looks pretty much the same.
Yes sir. Put 3 dial together. U will see the different. The newest dial more swirls, flat and wet (similar to the one which in Nine's project for XF long ago). It does look close to the gen.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So to summarize - this is a silent update, still a b9.5 but with improved insert having ghost lines. I am going to check with TD if we can source only the insert.

My TD told me that's its not possible to order it separately.
If it's possible with your TD would you be so kind to please share your TD with me.

Thanks

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
My TD told me that's its not possible to order it separately.
If it's possible with your TD would you be so kind to please share your TD with me.

Thanks

JF is reluctant to sell just few bezel screws and parts in general, lol... I doubt they will this dive scale alone. Anyway they make a big big improvement and it’s very very close to gen

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
JF is reluctant to sell just few bezel screws and parts in general, lol... I doubt they will this dive scale alone. Anyway they make a big big improvement and it’s very very close to gen

You are right.
I really think that it's worth to buy it soon even if I just got the 9.5.
I might keep the 9.5 for spare parts.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Agreed, but i think there's few exceptions, one of our member swapped the XF 15202 dial with a JF one .
He successfully sourced just the jf dial received from a td (been asked for the td and didn't got a reply)

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonbaylee

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Thx for the feedback.

Affirmatively this upgraded dial is closer to gen
And JF expects a spike in revenues as in order n not merely selling just the inner bezel.

Perhaps wait for a little before they permit sale of just the inner bezel.

Indeed, this upgraded rep watch is still affordable.
I like the idea of additional watch as a back up for parts.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
You are right.
I really think that it's worth to buy it soon even if I just got the 9.5.
I might keep the 9.5 for spare parts.
Keep your old v9.5 and do some fantasy mod on it. Like myself i keep my v7. Gonna order the ceramic bezel and sand blast the case in grey color with white dial or matte black. I will try to source the inner ring later.

Reactions: jasonbaylee

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Keep your old v9.5 and do some fantasy mod on it. Like myself i keep my v7. Gonna order the ceramic bezel and sand blast the case in grey color with white dial or matte black. I will try to source the inner ring later.

Looking forward to this project of yours!
I am sure it will be a candy piece!
Pls keep us updated