• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The official AP Diver discussion thread

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
even on the gen its not perfectly aligned.

If you mean that you can find misalignments in gens sometimes, I agree.
But your statement seems to suggest that the bezel isnt aligned on any gen, and of course, that is not a factual remark.

Reactions: Allure

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I think the slightly green hands are a little distracting in an otherwise awesome looking watch....whilst the lume mismatch up-sets the balance of the watch, it is probably not a “tell” with respect to gen they (but I don’t have that level of knowledge). The hands are certainly not as green as the original v9 batch. Even the early JF Divers had mismatching hands lume.

a5dbc80844898e2f2d3bf9c3a5e5dcf3.jpg

c59e7e208c22b099f7fc0b6157c17d99.jpg

Like mismatch not really an issue under indoor ambient light.

07d321c436d7d8588f3079bc28d38b95.jpg

lume on these shots is looking very skinny compare to gen, I am wondering if it is really an impovement this new bezel, at least compared to what OP showed it is different to my eyes...

Reactions: Tobel

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
If you mean that you can find misalignments in gens sometimes, I agree.
But your statement seems to suggest that the bezel isnt aligned on any gen, and of course, that is not a factual remark.

You are right. I didn't choose the right words.

I should have said "even on the gen its not always perfectly aligned."

I never had the Gen in my hands but quite a few pieces on chrono 24 show a small difference between the markers and the bezel.

​​​​​​

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You are right. I didn't choose the right words.

I should have said "even on the gen its not always perfectly aligned."

I never had the Gen in my hands but quite a few pieces on chrono 24 show a small difference between the markers and the bezel.

​​​​​​

For some flaws, like protruding bezel screws, misaligned dates or parts, and dial print fading, you won't need to hold the gen in hand to notice them. Pics are sufficient.
Others like bracelet sharpness, color, and tapisserie pattern etc are better seen when you have the gen and rep side by side.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
For some flaws, like protruding bezel screws, misaligned dates or parts, and dial print fading, you won't need to hold the gen in hand to notice them. Pics are sufficient.
Others like bracelet sharpness, color, and tapisserie pattern etc are better seen when you have the gen and rep side by side.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
The bezel doesn't seem to align..

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Not correct.

There is a small amount of play when setting the bezel. You can turn it back slightly to align it better with the 12 marker - if that’s your thing

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Not correct.

There is a small amount of play when setting the bezel. You can turn it back slightly to align it better with the 12 marker - if that’s your thing
The 2 lines up perfectly, but if you look backwards from 1 you can see is slightly off and the misalignment get worse at 11. I totally get the gen doesn't line up either, but is not this bad as I had worn the gen (it might not be consistent for gen either).

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also, referenced several pages back was the 15706 version. I cannot find the posting about any comparison between the 15706 JF and XF versions. If anyone can direct me to the comparison of JF and XF 15706 would be appreciated. Apologies for posting this here but really can't find this comparison.