• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New AP 44mm line 2020

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
There are no words that can adequately describe this abomination.

i am quite sure they'll sale it like hell to football players, instagrammers ant so on. ;-)
BTW I won't wear it but I don't dislike the green one...

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
They all look like crap to me especially the green one.

All the watch brands seriously gotta stop jumping on that "Green" fever bandwagon. That is a fad color that will never last the test of time.

Colorways come in and out of fashion.... blue dials were all the rage a few years ago, green seems to be having it's day now.
I agree that it won't be as timeless as a rich black dial, but it certainly isn't horrible compared to some of it's competition from other brands.

Swap that band out for black or a dark grey and it would subdue the overall appearance quite a bit.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I think the green one is realy nice. Black ceramic and green dial/bezel. Awsome:)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: dullidulli

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I think the green one is realy nice. Black ceramic and green dial/bezel. Awsome:)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I think it would look much nicer on a brown / tobacco color hornback leather strap.
It's lacking *something* on the rubber.

Reactions: Tompa

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
If just to gain standing at AP BT and flip it for a few k loss after a month or two.

Upppppppp

Like they say for code 11.59 "people will still buy it" yes sure but not to wear it.
Also I refrained myself to specifically saying this is ugly after I changed my mind on the 15500 but but but

the blue looks like a bad cheapie.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I like the green dial
I think it would be better though with a black bezel on a black strap to tone down all the green.
The whole bezel being colored is a bit much.
The blue bezel looks painted on.

Reactions: Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Upppppppp

Like they say for code 11.59 "people will still buy it" yes sure but not to wear it.
Also I refrained myself to specifically saying this is ugly after I changed my mind on the 15500 but but but

the blue looks like a bad cheapie.

I took a while to decide on how the blue looks for me but yes I agree with you that the colors coupled with the design makes it look garish at best. The number markers are the details which destroyed the appeal of this release for me. To each his own, I’m sure someone will like it. Someone always does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Looks a bit better with regual color combinations but well mes as you said Legend the numbered hour markers are ugly.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Looks a bit better with regual color combinations but well mes as you said Legend the numbered hour markers are ugly.

The cropped hour markers look like Chris Farley trying on the infamous 'little coat'. Too much dial, too little dial diameter.
I still think the green variant wouldn't look bad on a tobacco brown hornback leather.
The blue... I kinda like the boldness of, but I really don't think I'd ever wear it. I can't imagine the strap that could tame it other than maybe a battleship grey canvas? Even then, it would look garish with anything but denim, sneakers and a printed t-shirt.

Reactions: SHB