• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen VS ZF rep comparison: grey 15500

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
A German watch channel has done a comparison video for the 15500, the rep in the video is probably the ZF right? Lots of closeups included! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIgAiX5Mn4

Nice video. But I have no idea what he’s saying apart from AP
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Ongoing analysis of the ZF 15500... I’m not asking for anyone to pass QC on my behalf. All photos shared are useful information right?

Yes but post it in its respective thread. Not in a gen vs rep review thread

Reactions: Pombok

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Compared to XF 15202, which watch is better finished? You wrote the ZF 15500 is the best royal oak rep, so you mean it is a better rep overall than the XF 15202 V2?
I just sold my XF V1 today and am considering to buy this ZF 15500 now or buy the XF V2 as the bezel screw positioning really annoyed me on my V1 together with the green dial marker lume.

I gave the XF a baby oil bath and it felt incredibly good afterwards. I can‘t imagine how an AP rep can feel even better than what this rep did.
I have seen the gen 15500 of a friend of mine and from close distance you see the hands pinion has no hole while on some pictures of ZF 15500 I have seen the ZF has a hole.
The whole hands base on XF 15202 is way too wide and can be called out from wrist distance imo.
Is this one of the reasons why you say ZF 15500 is the better rep?
For the movement the XF 15202 looks closer to gen than the ZF 15500 or am I wrong?

Last edited:

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Haha, black dial top is gen. Grey dial bottom is a rep, and I was going to list it (hence the tagged post-it note) but my local buddy bought it.

here’s another gen black dial pic
uXQKP.jpg

Big kudos to ZF for repping it so well.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Haha, black dial top is gen. Grey dial bottom is a rep, and I was going to list it (hence the tagged post-it note) but my local buddy bought it.

Very happy to get it wrong W. You know why. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt

uXQKP.jpg

Holy macaroni!

It's a damn shame that a datewheel positioned like that passes APs quality control.
​​​​

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
Rep on top, gen on bottom.

Damn.. would've sworn (on my rudimentary knowledge of AP) that the top was a rep. Always thought that overly shiny, "wet", plastic-ky look of the dial is usually found on a rep.

But then again, I don't feel so bad if even Legend got it wrong.. :surprise:

Reactions: Hertzen

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Damn.. would've sworn (on my rudimentary knowledge of AP) that the top was a rep. Always thought that overly shiny, "wet", plastic-ky look of the dial is usually found on a rep.

Yes I got it wrong. Took a quick look and just posted without scrutiny. It is a good thing for the hobby :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and Katarsis

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW

It’s usually matte..I just got it with the sunset lighting shining directly on the dial