• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

26400so ROO JF v2

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I find the 26400so with the panda dial the most attractive ROO design. It's now been discontinued.

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-o...nd-dw-mod.html

What are the chances of JF releasing a V3 of this? it's been 2 years since the V2, so I'm guessing there won't be a V3.

Apart from the case thickness which is 16mm instead of 14.4mm are there many other major tells on this (or similar 44mm ROOs)? I know it's not comparable to a gen but I don't want something that looks blatantly fake, especially for $600. Usually Puretime do videos of their top watches but there isn't one of this.

Does the ceramic look good or plasticky? Also are the chronograph pushers made out of plastic?

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
None can say if jf will release a v3, you can catch it m2m but you have to be fast,they usually fly fast.

Reactions: RonP

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I find the 26400so with the panda dial the most attractive ROO design. It's now been discontinued.

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-o...nd-dw-mod.html

What are the chances of JF releasing a V3 of this? it's been 2 years since the V2, so I'm guessing there won't be a V3.

Apart from the case thickness which is 16mm instead of 14.4mm are there many other major tells on this (or similar 44mm ROOs)? I know it's not comparable to a gen but I don't want something that looks blatantly fake, especially for $600. Usually Puretime do videos of their top watches but there isn't one of this.

Does the ceramic look good or plasticky? Also are the chronograph pushers made out of plastic?

If you are willing to listen to an opinion: No need for the v3, as I do not see much potential improvements if they continue to use a A7750 sec@12 (and they will at least for a while)

The 44mm reps are well made, and when academically compared to the 42mm reps, more visually accurate. The main tell on the wrist, as any AP rep expert can tell you, is the position of the date window on the rep, leading to a shorter marker @3 compared to the gen. Also, a lesser known tell is the position of the "AP" logo on the dial. In the gen, the center of the A and P lines up with a groove instead of being on a raised tapisserie "square".

Of course the thickness differs from the gen but in the case of the 44mm, it is geometrically less noticeable due to the thickness being coupled with a larger surface area. The movement is also a tell naturally, but there is nothing to be done with that for now. The hands base can be trimmed or left alone, it is not a blatant tell for me. With the updated v2 (datewheel and cyclop mainly), I think that the 44mm ROO rep is as good as it gets. You can still refine the watch in minor ways, but no major improvements are warranted or necessary, as far as visual accuracy goes.

If you like it, get it. There is no need to wait for a "v3" or any newer version. This makes a fun watch to wear out of the box.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
If you are willing to listen to an opinion: No need for the v3, as I do not see much potential improvements if they continue to use a A7750 sec@12 (and they will at least for a while)

The 44mm reps are well made, and when academically compared to the 42mm reps, more visually accurate. The main tell on the wrist, as any AP rep expert can tell you, is the position of the date window on the rep, leading to a shorter marker @3 compared to the gen. Also, a lesser known tell is the position of the "AP" logo on the dial. In the gen, the center of the A and P lines up with a groove instead of being on a raised tapisserie "square".

Of course the thickness differs from the gen but in the case of the 44mm, it is geometrically less noticeable due to the thickness being coupled with a larger surface area. The movement is also a tell naturally, but there is nothing to be done with that for now. The hands base can be trimmed or left alone, it is not a blatant tell for me. With the updated v2 (datewheel and cyclop mainly), I think that the 44mm ROO rep is as good as it gets. You can still refine the watch in minor ways, but no major improvements are warranted or necessary, as far as visual accuracy goes.

If you like it, get it. There is no need to wait for a "v3" or any newer version. This makes a fun watch to wear out of the box.

Many thanks for your insight.