• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tip of the day - Royal Oak Offshore Diver Forged Carbon Swedish Pawnshop

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
Tip of the day Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver Forged Carbon on Swedish pawnshop, currently only 10355 euros.

Scratches, a missing screw in the bracelet. No box or papers. (But this is a very big pawnshop, they sell expensive pieces all the time)

https://www.pantbanken.se/auktioner/...listposition=0
THJav.jpg

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And fake as fuck as well :lol:

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
It is? They are usually quite good at not accepting fakes.(I bet they payed a pretty penny for it)

edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't disbelief you! - Just surpised, they sell _alot_ of expensive pieces, I'd assume they verify the goods before buying it

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
DW + look at the mirror they have as a cyclop...

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
Damn, ha ha... I feel sorry for the bidder Agnes bidding 10355 euros.

Any instant tells? Maybe I could give them a call and point it out and they'll de-list it...

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Damn, ha ha... I feel sorry for the bidder Agnes bidding 10355 euros.

Any instant tells? Maybe I could give them a call and point it out and they'll de-list it...

Just tell them to open it up and they’ll be treated by anything between a Swiss eta and a clone but surely not a genuine AP caliber. Other than that, if you know what part x is supposed to look like, you can point out differences easily.

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
Just tell them to open it up and they’ll be treated by anything between a Swiss eta and a clone but surely not a genuine AP caliber. Other than that, if you know what part x is supposed to look like, you can point out differences easily.
Will do!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
They replied:
"Hej 

klockan har varit öppna och kontrollerad av en klockexpert och allt är ok."

Translates to:
"Hi
The watch has been opened and controlled by a watchexpert and everything is ok."

:/

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes as per [mention]QueTip [/mention] said the diver is a replica and yes likely a JF if you look at the hands and Datewheel.
Contrary to popular belief, pawnshops often do not know enough about watch authenticity specifically. A lot of them have the fundamental tools like caseback openers and eye loupes but not enough knowledge to tell if a watch is 100% genuine or a replica. I have seen my fair share of replica watches sold by pawnshops and at least 2 embarrassing cases involving the police.
On a side note, the dial and dive bezel are decent. For me it’s the datewheel, hour hand and cyclop which give it away for me.
If the watch has been “checked out and found ok” then please do not ever deal with this pawn shop or the watchsmith it uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
WOW - I didn't back down(thanks guys, I'm just a nooblet) and required the name of the klockexpert that had gave the "OK" for this watch because it so clearly looks like a rep(I pointed out the things you guys said) and now the watch is removed from the website!

I'm awaiting their feedback.

In theory, you guys saved a bidder(Agnes) from loosing 10355 euros, well done boys! You should feel good :)

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
Wow, bullshit excuse deluxe.. "The customer that pawned this watch has payed back on his loan on it so we removed it from auction"

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Wow, bullshit excuse deluxe.. "The customer that pawned this watch has payed back on his loan on it so we removed it from auction"

Well done for persisting, you've saved someone from making an expensive mistake