• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Audemars Piguet Authentic/Real?

Zanethorne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/16

Some dude from my uni just flex the shit out of this AP, he said he saved for about two years to buy it from reselling those hypebeast sneakers or whatever it is, just wanted to know it's all goofball or the real deal, can't seem to get a more clear picture than this but hey, is it real though?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
after 4 years of membership a post like this? In this regard i think the watch - if rep or not - is the least of problems that need to be faced...

And to answer you in a more constructive way towards your question - a lawn mower would have taken a better picture for the validation of self esteem.

Reactions: N0tail_

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Bionone, u made me chuckled !
However what u commented is earnestly true.
I need a loop to verify the pic posted by op.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And to answer you in a more constructive way towards your question - a lawn mower would have taken a better picture for the validation of self esteem.
What he said

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08

Some dude from my uni just flex the shit out of this AP, he said he saved for about two years to buy it from reselling those hypebeast sneakers or whatever it is, just wanted to know it's all goofball or the real deal, can't seem to get a more clear picture than this but hey, is it real though?

Yes!! It is a watch.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Before ascertaining if the watch is real, I will first like to ask if you are for real.
A friend's father has Parkinson's, and managed to take photos like he wasn't jerking off in an earthquake. :hehehe:

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Legend that synopsis is so orgasmic ... his legs mustn’t be flagging in the air n maybe OP’s were.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
This is 100% gen you can tell by the diver bezels numbers ghosting. Easy.

Reactions: BIONONE

srhoque

28/11/18
:picard:

100% real...After spinning my head vigorously for 1 min...I can now see a dial, bezel and some hour markers. That's enough to make a call

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Wity my 108x optimus zoom. Indeed i saw the it. This is a silver watch on the wrist. Good post.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
How did the picture to took a bottle of vodka?

Last edited:

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
Legit.
giphy.gif

Hertzen

12/4/20
Next time could you please reduce the image resolution a bit? It's not always easy to download images as large as this one.

That level of detail is unnecessary. Clearly the watch is gen, because "saving for two years in college to buy $15k watch and go and brag to everyone you meet" is what all gen AP owners usually do, you know.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Next time could you please reduce the image resolution a bit? It's not always easy to download images as large as this one.

That level of detail is unnecessary. Clearly the watch is gen, because "saving for two years in college to buy $15k watch and go and brag to everyone you meet" is what all gen AP owners usually do, you know.

Lol.
Usually the fancier the backstory, the more dubious the watch is. I may be wrong but I call rep based on gut feel alone. The “saving for two years” bit is a classic gambit for explaining how one affords a luxury watch but I’ve never seen gen owners needing to explain how they could afford a watch. Also it’s nobody’s business but their own.
If one feels a need to justify the watch on his wrist, then it is an “AP attitude” fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
I see so many AP these days also he might just have rich parents that bought him the watch. Doesnt obviously tie with his story but I mean I see people driving 150k cars living in a 1 bedroom apartment so its all possible.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I see so many AP these days also he might just have rich parents that bought him the watch. Doesnt obviously tie with his story but I mean I see people driving 150k cars living in a 1 bedroom apartment so its all possible.

Yes. Bottomline, if a guy is wearing a watch and minding his own business and not trying to sell it or do a show and tell on it, it’s authenticity is nobody’s business but his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Hertzen

12/4/20
Yes. Bottomline, if a guy is wearing a watch and minding his own business and not trying to sell it or do a show and tell on it, it’s authenticity is nobody’s business but his own.

100% agree.

If suspect is your friend - ask him directly.
If he is trying to sell this watch - bring it to AD.
If it's neither the first nor the second - just mind your business.