• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO SAFARI 2014 strap measurements

johnying

15/1/14
Hi All,

Would anyone know if the measurements in terms of strap fittings differ between the NOOB or JF versions of this and other 42mm models. For example i am looking at buying Donerix and potentially GEN OEM straps so wanted some input. i had scrolled through a few threads and found that Tompa was looking for a strap which he changed his mind on due to it being NOOB instead of JF but when looking at the measurements online e.g puretime seems to be the same.

I have to put my hand up to say i'm not sure which mine is (which i bought M2M and tracing the thread there doesn't seem to be a description as to which one it is).

Thanks all in advance.

johnying

15/1/14
Thanks Al - I'm not sure whether there is actually a difference between the two in terms of lug width or perhaps some other factor. I would have purchased straight away but I know Tompa knows his stuff having quite a few Donerix straps as well but with a tendency towards JF.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I second what legend said. It's a noob base model. The reason why the differences in strap fitment are there is because of both factories using different specs for the plots over time. Noob themselves had a few in-between their own models.

What you can do is supply the strap maker of your choice with the end links so he can make it according to these specs which will ensure an ideal outcome of fitment.

Reactions: legend

johnying

15/1/14
QueTip Thank you sir! I was thinking of doing that but given Donerix' sale may not last too long I might just send him the measurements and see if the one's he has fits. To be honest I should have done that in the first place but oh well.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
QueTip Thank you sir! I was thinking of doing that but given Donerix' sale may not last too long I might just send him the measurements and see if the one's he has fits. To be honest I should have done that in the first place but oh well.

Anytime. Keep us updated on your process. :thumbsup:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

Donerix dont use inserts in his straps. So it Will for both JF and NOOB AP’s

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

johnying

15/1/14
Yes thank you Tompa you are the man.
QueTip Eric knows his stuff. Sent him a picture of just a ruler next to the watch and he stated it was a NOOB with the measurement. Sure he's dealt with enough people that had this question.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: QueTip

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Great to hear!