• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Pigeut ROO Navy - Replica Available?

Levi2019

Supporter
Certified
19/12/19
Pretty Sure JF make this just sent photo to TD and ask them to check for you

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello!

Out of interest, has a factory ever created an almost passable (or very good) replica of the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Navy Chronograph?

https://www.chrono24.com/audemarspi...ph-navy-26170st--full-service--id13433409.htm

If so, could anyone provide me with a link to a reputable supplier?

Thanks!

Define “almost passable” or “very good” please. If you ask me the answer is no but if you’re referring to the one made by JF then yes it exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

MyBrainHurts

Looking Around
24/2/20
Levi2019 - Thanks! :)

Legend - I must admit, I'm fairly new to the world of replicas! My collection is all genuine. However I absolutely love this AP model and at present, I can't justify £15K on a single watch. Perhaps one day ... However, it would be good to obtain a replica that doesn't look cheap, awfully made or is very obviously fake, especially when spending £300-500.

Thanks for the heads up with regards to JF and their 1:1 Best Edition. I see that BestAPWatch, BestClock and InTime05 sell these pieces. Is there a more reputable seller/site for UK buyers?

Last edited:

T.O Watches

Horology Curious
17/2/20
Two big problems with the JF 26170: REP is thicker than the Gen. If i recall correctly Jf version is around 1mm thicker than the real one. The second problem is that the date box is lower compared with the Gen.
Besides I would say it is not easy to tell it is fake. you can have a look of the pics.
And, Jf is the optimal choice on AP rep right now.
a1dd4e1e578afb8e4b2ec2c9767d05ee.jpg
f428b24322f477494b6dfd7467f41d3a.jpg
b3d200ef2f84cba4dac421a0a1fe5ea4.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Two big problems with the JF 26170: REP is thicker than the Gen. If i recall correctly Jf version is around 1mm thicker than the real one. The second problem is that the date box is lower compared with the Gen.
Besides I would say it is not easy to tell it is fake. you can have a look of the pics.

Look, I don't wanna pull a legend ary sort of statement and tell you that you can spot that is fake from 3 meters across the room but, in fact, it is really easy to tell it is a fake.

Are JF AP Roos really nice looking watches ? YES.
Are they luxuriously feeling ? YES.
Are they reliable ? YES IF YOU DONT EVER TOUCH THE CHRONO NOT EVEN BY ACCIDENT.
Are they expensive ? HELL YEAH FOR WHAT THEY OFFER.

Are they minimally close in terms of resemblance to gen as, for instance, any other rolex sub maker is (take the worst one as a paradigm and it will be still more gen-looking than this) ? NO FARKING WAY. You take this watch in hand and you can easily say it's fake looking at the "face" of the watch.

Then to each his own. I bought way more fake-looking ROOs than 95% of users in here so I'm entitled to my opinion, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: mskwatch

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Look, I don't wanna pull a legend ary sort of statement and tell you that you can spot that is fake from 3 meters across the room but it is really easy to tell it is a fake.

Are JF AP Roos really nice looking watches ? YES.
Are they luxuriously feeling ? YES.
Are they reliable ? YES IF YOU DONT EVER TOUCH THE CHRONO NOT EVEN BY ACCIDENT.
Are they expensive ? HELL YEAH FOR WHAT THEY OFFER.

Are they minimally close in terms of resemblance to gen as any other rolex sub maker is ? NO FARKING WAY. You take this watch in hand and you can easily say it's fake looking at the "face" of the watch.

Then to each his own. I bought way more fakelooking ROOs than 95% of users in here so I'm entitled to my opinion I guess.

You are one of the AP ROO experts on the forum L and what you say carries weight, and more important, it is a more moderated version of what I will say, albeit equally true.
I think that your "opinion" is this case is the general truth for others to take references to. It will help manage newbie expectations well.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

There are a lot more than 2 problems for most ROO reps. Even if the two issues you mentioned are resolved, I can do a "legend" and still tell you its a rep from a couple of meters away.
But you will figure them out for yourself eventually. I think SuperLory summed up the navy pretty succinctly. He does not do long-winded posts like me and so that is a blessing for all reading it lol.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
AP Diver JF V9.5 is a super rep

It is on a "NWBIG super rep list" created by someone, but I disagree with that opinion (and yes it is only my opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs).

The dive bezel, datewheel and cyclop are enough to give the way away upon casual scrutiny for me without naming the rest of the flaws. IMHO the XF FC diver is a more accurate rep than the v9.5 diver but even that needs some modding to qualify it as a super rep (as least visually).

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
Ah? What's the most genuine looking AP replica in circulation?

What L & L said before!

OP, if you like it, buy it. It is a nice watch out of the box with room for a considerable measure of improvement.

And now you know that if someone is into APs (both genuines and reps), he will immediately know that you are wearing a rep just from the corner of his eye.

If you want the same person having a more than short short glance only to know what you are wearing, you will have to buy a 44mm AP ROO latest version with updated DW or the latest Diver.

But still, he will quickly enough notice that you are wearing a rep.

Reactions: SuperLory

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
IMHO the XF FC diver is a more accurate rep than the v9.5 diver but even that needs some modding to qualify it as a super rep (as least visually).

+1. XF FC diver with arial font should be on the NWBIG list, not the JF v9.5 diver.

the SS diver is more versatile for daily wear.

Last edited: