• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars carbon diver advice XF V3

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
No..

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

srhoque

28/11/18
Get the Asian 2836 version and save the money for the low beat conversion mod (or Prof cyclops and 1xAR crystal)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Get the Asian 2836 version and save the money for the low beat conversion mod (or Prof cyclops and 1xAR crystal)

I agree with this.
Yes there are different opinions here regarding the best movement to have in the diver, but look at the simple facts:

1. The asian clone movements have been generally reliable in the recent years, and in fact exceeding my expectations in terms of reliability, performance and longevity after proper movement servicing.

2. Swiss eta movements are not infallible. The key factor is maintenance of the movement and keeping it clean and well oiled. This matters more than which country the movement is assembled in.

3. A low beat conversion for an A2836 will make most of the moving parts Swiss anyway. I do include a movement service in my low beat conversion process to properly ensure that the movement is clean and lubricated well during the conversion.

4. Lastly, in terms of date change accuracy the 2836 movement emulates the gen one the best as it’s an instant date change like the gen as opposed to the roll and flip characteristic of the 2824 (powermatic80 movement included)or 2892.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
Dinan19 - As his name suggests, legend is one of the AP experts on this forum. Once you get the watch, send it to him for the mods. He has done more diver low beat conversions than we all can count :)

liquidsg

Horology Curious
10/1/20
I see the low beat mod discussed a bunch, but is this mod something you can really see or notice on the wrist?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I see the low beat mod discussed a bunch, but is this mod something you can really see or notice on the wrist?

I’ll break it down simply for you:

Rep movement beats at 28800bph. Gen movement beats at 21600bph. On the sec@12 ROO, it is very very difficult to tell the beat difference. On the diver and 15400, you can learn to see the difference with both the gen and rep side by side if you’re looking for it. On the wrist with either one alone, it’s not something obvious at all, unless you’ve seen a lot of both and know what you’re looking for. Nobody is likely to call the watch out based on the beat in real life. There are a lot of other tells which require less effort to call out.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hi all

Im looking to by a audemars carbon diver. I read that XF is slighty better than the JF.

Looking at puretime they have a deal on the XF V3. Just want to make sure if this is XF V3 is the one with correct date wheel and AR.

https://puretimewatch.io/royal-oak-...-1-best-edition-on-rubber-strap-a2836-v3.html

Thanks in advance

Did you get your AP CF Diver?

b82de237252496b47214e70449e8517c.jpg

I love mine! Bought here one week ago in the M2M section

kikine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/1/20
Did you get your AP CF Diver?

b82de237252496b47214e70449e8517c.jpg

I love mine! Bought here one week ago in the M2M section

it seems beautiful ! have you mod it ?

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
it seems beautiful ! have you mod it ?

Just got it but previous owner changed the bezel to more gen like (from XF v3 to v2), nothing else. I m planning for new ETA movement and I think it will be perfect (in my eyes)