• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Feedback on Safari plz!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ok now I understand why sent me a picture of Melissa McCarthy and asked me if she’s 1:1 to Megan Fox. For the 5th time mate, they’re not. Ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had to Google Melissa McCarthy. Thanks for nothing!
:sick-1:

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
I just Googled Melissa McCarthy, unfortunately once seen, it can't be unseen, Terrible!

Last edited:

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I like this Franken classic Safari a lot...
I would enjoy it as it is, in all its sleekness and thinned out glory. You’re getting a classic design in an even more wearable package than the original.

If a set of gen hands come up one day, and mind you there’s no rush on these things, you can always have them put in when you service the watch in 2-3 years.

This is actually what I have planned for my white themes...

Dondada

Known Member
3/9/17
I like this Franken classic Safari a lot...
I would enjoy it as it is, in all its sleekness and thinned out glory. You’re getting a classic design in an even more wearable package than the original.

If a set of gen hands come up one day, and mind you there’s no rush on these things, you can always have them put in when you service the watch in 2-3 years.

This is actually what I have planned for my white themes...

Yes that would be great.
Where do you actually find hands?
And withe the hight demand Im guessing if any come up they would be snapped up with the quickness.
How much do the Gen hands even go for? (scared to ask really lol)

With all the laser printing that goes on today.
Why has no one just printed them up and produced a more 1:1 aftermarket version of the hands?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
My comment was not meant to be a sourgraping arrow ; i was perplexed there is so much room in there you can go down to 13.6mm ... thing i learnt today #tilt

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My comment was not meant to be a sourgraping arrow ; i was perplexed there is so much room in there you can go down to 13.6mm ... thing i learnt today #tilt

Actually what you say makes sense. If AP can make a 13.6mm ROO why would they want to make a 14+ mm one?
In the case of dondada’s ROO I do believe the measurement but I’m unsure why it’s thinner than the average franken. Something has to give and I am unsure which component is the one which was thinner than average. Maybe the rotor?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Maybe there's no movement in it after all?!

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
So here is a question for those of you with Gen ROO. The measurements AP lists on their site for the watches, is that number from top of crystal or from top of bezel?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So here is a question for those of you with Gen ROO. The measurements AP lists on their site for the watches, is that number from top of crystal or from top of bezel?

Official thickness is from bezel surface to caseback surface. Remember not to be too pedantic about this thickness. Even if you can get the rep or franken thickness 1:1 to gen, a lot of the other aspects will still be off.

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
I was just curious because I see people measuring them both ways

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I’m looking at your pics and I think that the thinness comes from the mid case and the front rubber gasket being shaved down, perhaps more the former than the latter. This is a good thing because the mid case can probably hide excess thinning better than the other parts... losing bezel or caseback brushed sides from shaving down those parts, or having a very thin front gasket are easier tells. Could I trouble you to measure your mid case thickness?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Actually what you say makes sense. If AP can make a 13.6mm ROO why would they want to make a 14+ mm one?

This.

I measured another franken now and 14.1 again from bezel to caseback. 14.2/3 if i include crystal

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This.

I measured another franken now and 14.1 again from bezel to caseback. 14.2/3 if i include crystal

To me, anything below gen spec is impressive. Perhaps the cal. 3126/3840 is thicker than the LWO. Your points in the past about the stock rep thickness being inhibitive to wearing comfort and aesthetic appeal make complete sense. If I can have a thinner ROO, I definitely do not want a thicker one.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Possibly my equipment is off or Im doing something wrong.
But I measured again and this is what I got..

Lol you know looking at the photos and “analog ruler” it shows ~14.1/3

so yeah I think you have to zero it again

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Lol you know looking at the photos and “analog ruler” it shows ~14.1/3

so yeah I think you have to zero it again

I thought the same But i didnt want to say anything :)

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
i guess he zero'd with 2 layers of insulation tape so its smaller than what is shown analog

Reactions: Jurgenk