• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DC 15202 1.5 link?

SadProfessor

1/11/17
Hi folks

I have recently received a DC 15202, and I love it.

But it’s not as comfortable as it could be, I was hoping that there was a 1.5 link to try and find the happy ground between too loose and too tight.

I know they exist for the gen, does one exist for the rep? And would an XF 15202 half link work? Perhaps one for the other Royal Oaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
As far as I know the XF‘s bracelet is thinner than the bracelet of the DC, so I suppose it wouldn’t fit.

Reactions: SadProfessor

atespo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/06
USA
I have a JF and need a half link too. I hope they are available. I'd be PISSED if I bought the gen and was between links like I am now!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi folks

I have recently received a DC 15202, and I love it.

But it’s not as comfortable as it could be, I was hoping that there was a 1.5 link to try and find the happy ground between too loose and too tight.

I know they exist for the gen, does one exist for the rep? And would an XF 15202 half link work? Perhaps one for the other Royal Oaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't find the link you're looking for you can always convert to a rubber or leather strap. Just an idea.

SadProfessor

1/11/17
If you can't find the link you're looking for you can always convert to a rubber or leather strap. Just an idea.

Thanks for your reply, sorry I have only just seen it.

I'm not sure where I would go about getting a strap, I think I may just have to sell it!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for your reply, sorry I have only just seen it.

I'm not sure where I would go about getting a strap, I think I may just have to sell it!

Leather and rubber straps for the 15202 can be found on eBay and DHGate. Search for, 26mm strap for Audemars Piguet, on their search functions.

silver.forever

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/23
You have an idea how to find / source one? Wondering why some modders do not produce them. You think a modder might be able to produce them? Heard that they you can purchase a custom CNC bracelet so why not produce these parts separateley?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You have an idea how to find / source one? Wondering why some modders do not produce them. You think a modder might be able to produce them? Heard that they you can purchase a custom CNC bracelet so why not produce these parts separateley?
In theory yes it can be made but the primary consideration would of course be the demand vs cost of production. I can imagine that a full bracelet would have more demand than a 1.5 link.

silver.forever

21/9/23
In theory yes it can be made but the primary consideration would of course be the demand vs cost of production. I can imagine that a full bracelet would have more demand than a 1.5 link.
There are nearly none of these on the market and they seem to go for 400-800 USD per link. A modder could batch produce 100 of them and sell them for a good price. What do I miss here? Was talking to AMF Modding and they lack the CNC data but this should be an very easy task to do. You just have to make the middle part "a bit" longer and keep the ends as they are. What do I miss here?

silver.forever

21/9/23
Leather and rubber straps for the 15202 can be found on eBay and DHGate. Search for, 26mm strap for Audemars Piguet, on their search functions.
A Royal Oak is not the same without the metal bracelet. In the AP chronicles they even state that in the beginning of the manufacturing the case was adjusted to fit the bracelet. It was not possible to interchange them. The bracelet was one of the hardest part to be manufactured due to tolerances not matched by the producers.
The whole watch evolves around the bracelet and I would never wear a "non offshore" on a leather or rubber band. Just my private opinion without offending someone who does.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
There are nearly none of these on the market and they seem to go for 400-800 USD per link. A modder could batch produce 100 of them and sell them for a good price. What do I miss here? Was talking to AMF Modding and they lack the CNC data but this should be an very easy task to do. You just have to make the middle part "a bit" longer and keep the ends as they are. What do I miss here?
You have your point of view and the makers have theirs. If you think it’s very easy and you need it, why don’t you get it done? It would be a good start.