• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which AP replica is the best for you

kikine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/1/20
Hello Guys,
Wish you a happy new year.
Today im asking you : for your opinion what is the best AP replica in the market ? Royal oak ? offshore ? others ?
Thanks for participating

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hi, all are flawed, i would say royal oak are more accurate.

Reactions: sn95

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hello Guys,
Wish you a happy new year.
Today im asking you : for your opinion what is the best AP replica in the market ? Royal oak ? offshore ? others ?
Thanks for participating

Please do some searching/reading in this forum. There has been some old/threads discussions around Top 5 AP reps.

For me, as of Jan 2020 (in no particular order)
1 - RO 15400 (Either JF or XF)
2- XF 15706 FC Diver (Look for the v2 version if you can find one)
3 - JF 15703 SS Diver (Seems like there might be a new version coming from another factory with better lume outlines)
4- JF ROO 44m FC
5 - JF ROO 42mm Bumblebee

As said above, none of the AP reps are perfect. If you are an avid AP enthusiast, you will end up doing some good amount of Mods to the above models. Or you may even build your own franken. Welcome to the "club" and good luck on this journey!!

kikine

Banned
7/1/20
Please do some searching/reading in this forum. There has been some old/threads discussions around Top 5 AP reps.

3 - JF 15703 SS Diver (Seems like there might be a new version coming from another factory with better lume outlines)
4- JF ROO 44m FC

As said above, none of the AP reps are perfect. If you are an avid AP enthusiast, you will end up doing some good amount of Mods to the above models. Or you may even build your own franken. Welcome to the "club" and good luck on this journey!!

thanks a lot

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England

4- JF ROO 44m FC

The advice given above is good.

Don’t buy something for the wrong reasons. For example if you like the Offshore over the Royal Oak, the. Buy that cost you like it. They all have flaws but if you love them watch, you’ll learn to accept the flaws (or mod them).

Generally speaking no one will know it’s a rep, because almost no one outside of the watch circle knows of AP. Rolex everyone knows but not AP. They see it as a nice looking watch and personally I like it that way. It’s a bit stealth.

What’s your favourite AP model?

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Personally, The AP ROO 44mm full ceramic with rose gold accents.

Why?
Stealth mode
Light weight
Scratch resident (always looks brand new)

The AP ROO 44mm all have the same flaws.

kikine

Banned
7/1/20
i prefer the AP ROO with white dial. I want to buy it and mod it but im not expert. what mods do you think I have to do for exemple with the ZF 15400 model ?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
i prefer the AP ROO with white dial. I want to buy it and mod it but im not expert. what mods do you think I have to do for exemple with the ZF 15400 model ?

contact legend. He will walk you through all needed mods

Sam-T

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/17
France
RO 41 for sure, my preference goes to the white and blue models. All the chrono models have a thickness issue compared to gen

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
JF roo panda
quartz 15202 because of thinness
ZF & JF 15400 aren't bad either I had a white dial with silenced rotor and it was great.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

Why?
Stealth mode
Light weight

light weight for a 44mm full ceramic I'm sorry but no.. FC 44mm yes to a certain degree

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Why?
Stealth mode
Light weight

The ceramic ROOs are never light compared with the forged carbon variants. Maybe light for you lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

dtdomination

13/1/20
Coming from a very good PAM 111 Noob V4, would the JF ROO Diver have more noticeable flaws? I've read about the case back flaws/open case back which doesn't bug me a ton, but there seems to be some debate on dial flaws. I'm looking at a white and navy 15710, how's the bezel ghosting? Sorry if this is noob stuff, I just can't find good info on the white/navy variant. Thanks!