• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Rubens...

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
legend how can you tell if the cyclops and DW is updated? Just curious what to look for specifically. I know there was a V1 and V2 for the 26401 and 26400 but I'm unsure about how to determine the difference between V1 and V2. And this also would apply to the RB versions as well I assume. Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend how can you tell if the cyclops and DW is updated? Just curious what to look for specifically. I know there was a V1 and V2 for the 26401 and 26400 but I'm unsure about how to determine the difference between V1 and V2. And this also would apply to the RB versions as well I assume. Thanks

Hi TK

I look for the magnification specifically. If the date looks bigger, either the cyclop or datewheel or both could have been updated.
You can compare the date magnification to the older 42mm ROOs and see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Garuda

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Speaking on Montoyas, there seems to be no stainless steel models too right? Titanium, RG and Platinum again?
I am seeing a pattern here, no stainless steel models for race inspired models at all like the RB, the Montoya, the GP series..
Thanks for pointing this out bro, I appreciate it.

Yes you’re right. Montana editions were same metals like the RB:
1000 in grade 5 Titanium
500 in Rose gold
150 in Platinum

Schumacher is Titanium, RG, PT.
Trulli, Buemi etc Titanium.

Other Racing special editions like GP were full FC instead of Titanium, along with RG and Plat cases.

Reactions: legend

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Also noticed some TD pics have the black dial version with 950 PT engravings. It looks like they mixed up the cases. Maybe these are just samples, still it’s confusing.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The backplate still has the screw near the 2 O clock. Its still wrong.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
The backplate still has the screw near the 2 O clock. Its still wrong.

Interesting thing is I noted that on the gold one it doesn't have a screw on 2 O Clock but the others do

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Interesting thing is I noted that on the gold one it doesn't have a screw on 2 O Clock but the others do

You're right. This is not like JF. They are pretty good at these details.

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
I heard someone else say the RB2 is ARF?

Is this 100% JF and can anyone speak on if it matches up to Other JF ROO's?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Pretty sure it is JF. The only website I have seen that lists this as an ARF/JF is perfect clones and they are a non TD here.

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Can we get some clarification on case size? Almost every listing for the RB2 gen shows 44MM, not 42. APs site says 42 though. I know in 2007 AP did not offer a 44mm Offshore the way they do today and some cases consist of the chrono and crown housing as one piece/part of the case v bolt on. But I'm trying to find out if the RB2 is actually smaller than a current 44MM Offshore.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can we get some clarification on case size? Almost every listing for the RB2 gen shows 44MM, not 42. APs site says 42 though. I know in 2007 AP did not offer a 44mm Offshore the way they do today and some cases consist of the chrono and crown housing as one piece/part of the case v bolt on. But I'm trying to find out if the RB2 is actually smaller than a current 44MM Offshore.

The RB2 is 42mm though the case, plots and pushers are different from the regular 42mm ROO. It is smaller than a 44mm in terms of dial width, but due to the very large pushers it wears more bulky than the regular 42mm.
I’m aware that it’s been listed a lot as a 44mm but it definitely wears smaller than the 44mm novelty models like the FC and Panda.

Reactions: Allure

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
The RB2 is 42mm though the case, plots and pushers are different from the regular 42mm ROO. It is smaller than a 44mm in terms of dial width, but due to the very large pushers it wears more bulky than the regular 42mm.
I’m aware that it’s been listed a lot as a 44mm but it definitely wears smaller than the 44mm novelty models like the FC and Panda.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.