• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 bezel mark

TMillu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/17
EU
Hello to everyone,

I don't want to be annoying with this new thread but I did't find a similar one.

I just want to share with you and ask how bad are this mark on the bezel of my AP 15400 JF V5.
Is it possible to restore it or not? I know that it is a scratch magnet, but it never happened me to scar the bezel like this.

Thank you in advance.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes it is possible to improve (as opposed to completely restore) it, but that particular point will never be the same again, in terms of the edge sharpness and material density.
But at the end of the day, we are looking at a nick on a rep bezel. Your solution is to buy a new rep bezel (which will cost roughly the same as getting someone to repair the damage)

Reactions: Allure

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
Yes it is possible to improve (as opposed to completely restore) it, but that particular point will never be the same again, in terms of the edge sharpness and material density.
But at the end of the day, we are looking at a nick on a rep bezel. Your solution is to buy a new rep bezel (which will cost roughly the same as getting someone to repair the damage)

Thank you very much legend

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
You are welcome, Agent 47. Try not to wrap that piano wire around anyone's neck.

Hi Legend, sorry if I ask you here but I don't want to make a new post. My question is: How to raise up my 15400 bezel screws? I have a JF V5j 15400 and I find the bezel screws too sunken. I would like to have them perfectly aligned with the bezel.
Sanding the bezel is not the correct way, it would ruin the brushed-polished finishing. What are your suggestions? Have you ever done this before?
Thanks in advance

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend, sorry if I ask you here but I don't want to make a new post. My question is: How to raise up my 15400 bezel screws? I have a JF V5j 15400 and I find the bezel screws too sunken. I would like to have them perfectly aligned with the bezel.
Sanding the bezel is not the correct way, it would ruin the brushed-polished finishing. What are your suggestions? Have you ever done this before?
Thanks in advance

Of course I have raised and lowered bezel screws before. One way is simply in adjusting the length of the screws which run from the bezel to the caseback and holding it in place with the screw collar.
I am happy that you are looking to flush them with the bezel as per gen rather than requesting to sink them. Some examples screw mods which I have seen on Royal Oaks sink the screws to an atrocious recession, and worse, do so unevenly. You are asking the right question.

So try it on your own, and if you fail or mess up in any way, send the watch to me, I will do it for you FOC.
You only need to pay for postage both ways.

Reactions: Allure

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
Of course I have raised and lowered bezel screws before. One way is simply in adjusting the length of the screws which run from the bezel to the caseback and holding it in place with the screw collar.
I am happy that you are looking to flush them with the bezel as per gen rather than requesting to sink them. Some examples screw mods which I have seen on Royal Oaks sink the screws to an atrocious recession, and worse, do so unevenly. You are asking the right question.

So try it on your own, and if you fail or mess up in any way, send the watch to me, I will do it for you FOC.
You only need to pay for postage both ways.

Thank you very much for your help, I’ll buy the 4 prong screwdriver (2,35mm) and I’lol let you know here!

Thanks again Legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
Mini update:

I discovered why bezel screw where so recessed, they don’t have gaskets under the head of the hexagonal screw. I ordered mini gaskets in order to adjust them.

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Mini update:

I discovered why bezel screw where so recessed, they don’t have gaskets under the head of the hexagonal screw. I ordered mini gaskets in order to adjust them.

hi mate,
where did you find these gasket?
do you remeber the measure?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I want to know to

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

TMillu

8/2/17
EU
Seems weird but I ordered a box with several measures of circular gaskets in AliExpress. I typed “mini-rubber washer”.

Here’s the link:

Off | new Mini Rubber Washer O-Ring Watch Crown Waterproof Watches Seals Watch Repair Tools
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msbSQl3

There will be the right size for sure.

I’ll update the post with aligned bezel screw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk