• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 Royal Oak

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Yellobird - You've got a good memory! I had the Time for the Trees, TW Best Nick Faldo 15190 (probably closer to a 14790 with the brushed bezel) and TW Best Jumbo 15202. All were good for their time, but the new reps have really taken things to a completely different level!

Sherlock Humms

Horology Curious
28/3/19
Manchester, UK
How is the movement on the latest ZF 15400 - is it quiet or noisy, does it sound silent or a little tinny when shaken and does manual winding feel buttery smooth or rough and noisy?

My first replica watch was a Noob LMPO and the movement is really silent and it winds quietly and smoothly like my gen Omega Seamaster. Yet my Cellini date MKF, although it looks amazing, sounds really tinny and cheap, and winding it sounds horrible, so I’m always considering this aspect with any rep I buy, which may very well be this particular model.

M90

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Is the white dial ZF 15400 considered accurate and good? 99% of posts here are about the blue dial so haven't seen anything about the white dial which I'm considering buying as I have a black face Tag and want to change it up

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
How is the movement on the latest ZF 15400 - is it quiet or noisy, does it sound silent or a little tinny when shaken and does manual winding feel buttery smooth or rough and noisy?

My first replica watch was a Noob LMPO and the movement is really silent and it winds quietly and smoothly like my gen Omega Seamaster. Yet my Cellini date MKF, although it looks amazing, sounds really tinny and cheap, and winding it sounds horrible, so I’m always considering this aspect with any rep I buy, which may very well be this particular model.

Based on my observation, I think the winding is pretty smooth. I wouldn't say the ZF is noisy...but it's not super quiet. I have a replica cartier diver caliber which I believe uses the 8205. That thing is LOUD, and the winding is definitely a bit rough.

If you shake the ZF, you can definitely hear the rotor spinning. I wouldn't say it's incredibly loud. There are people here depending on which region you're in to help you. Based on your username you're in the UK. I believe slaughterer62 can assist you if he has the time to help you with your mentioned rotor noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: ticktocker

DzumI

13/4/19
Hey guys i have a quick question. Did anyone see that there is no number- engraving in the back of the watch over the J*****,.the latest JF has one.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Hey guys i have a quick question. Did anyone see that there is no number- engraving in the back of the watch over the J*****,.the latest JF has one.

Yes indeed, gen sample used by zf didn't had it.

Reactions: DzumI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So its a big tell then right?

Just 2 points for you:

The H, I and most J series of 15400 has the number above the series.
Toward the end of the J series, this engraving was removed. So some J series 15400 and all K series do not have the second row of numbers.

Second, caseback engravings are never a "big tell". Why care about this when the movement itself is a much more significant tell? Also there are multiple flaws when the watch is viewed from the front. Saying engravings are a big tell is like saying that a blue apple doesn't look right because the shape is slightly off.

Reactions: Allure and DzumI

DzumI

13/4/19
Just 2 points for you:

The H, I and most J series of 15400 has the number above the series.
Toward the end of the J series, this engraving was removed. So some J series 15400 and all K series do not have the second row of numbers.

Second, caseback engravings are never a "big tell". Why care about this when the movement itself is a much more significant tell? Also there are multiple flaws when the watch is viewed from the front. Saying engravings are a big tell is like saying that a blue apple doesn't look right because the shape is slightly off.

Ok buddy i got ya. But lets imagine blue apples are existing, would you chose the one with the worst shape.?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok buddy i got ya. But lets imagine blue apples are existing, would you chose the one with the worst shape.?

Lol, I will prefer a red apple with a slightly off shape, than a blue apple with a perfect shape personally... but everyone is different.
If caseback engravings matter to you, then of course, you have good reason to care about the differences. My example was just a typical one and may not apply specifically to you.

Reactions: Allure

Sherlock Humms

Horology Curious
28/3/19
Manchester, UK
Based on my observation, I think the winding is pretty smooth. I wouldn't say the ZF is noisy...but it's not super quiet. I have a replica cartier diver caliber which I believe uses the 8205. That thing is LOUD, and the winding is definitely a bit rough.

If you shake the ZF, you can definitely hear the rotor spinning. I wouldn't say it's incredibly loud. There are people here depending on which region you're in to help you. Based on your username you're in the UK. I believe slaughterer62 can assist you if he has the time to help you with your mentioned rotor noise.

Many thanks Silvereagle, your help and advice is greatly appreciated. :)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Miyota winding isn’t bad, it’s only the rotor noise that’s hit and miss anyway. My JFv2 I had you could hear spinning when I moved, my IWC with miyota you couldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Andrewp

Looking Around
25/12/18
Does anyone know if you can easily swap the white JF V5 dial into the ZF case? I love the idea of a thinner, more comfortable ZF watch, but I have my heart set on the white dial!

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I wounder if JF is coming out with there 15500 soon?.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk