• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
21cef6b46bae9c871a514b1aa7293cd4.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Tompa lovely debut of this Blue theme chrono in this forum if I remember correctly.
I’m sure Johnnybaw will be motivated with his franken soon..

Reactions: jonnybaws and Tompa

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
My franken trio. Compere the hands on the blue theme(left) and the rubberclad(middel) wow i now understand why ppl say gen hands is a must on a franken.. rubberclad has mikey hands, and blue theme has gen hands. mickey’s hands are verry flat compere to the gen, and the handstack is totaly different, and gen hands have a beautiful shine,its gold so offcourse mikey hands cant compere to gen. But anyway i realy get it now.. New style Roo i think mikey hands are realy greate.
4e3d06c0eefcfb174f6d6939d9431465.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My franken trio. Compere the hands on the blue theme(left) and the rubberclad(middel) wow i now understand why ppl say gen hands is a must on a franken.. rubberclad has mikey hands, and blue theme has gen hands. mickey’s hands are verry flat compere to the gen, and the handstack is totaly different, and gen hands have a beautiful shine,its gold so offcourse mikey hands cant compere to gen. But anyway i realy get it now.. New style Roo i think mikey hands are realy greate.

Yes you get it now. Gen hands complete the look of any franken ROO. But even for 26470 hands, the differences are very distinct. Trust me I’ve put them side by side numerous times and there is just no comparison. But like the 26170 hands, without the knowledge of how gen hands are like, Mikey or whatever aftermarket hands will do just fine.

But a guy like you Tompa, you will continue to rotate your ROOs be it stock rep or modded so while you appreciate the differences, I doubt it will change your habits lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
4e3d06c0eefcfb174f6d6939d9431465.jpg

Looks like my Franken build is back on and got more expense, Gen hands are a must!
Congrats again mate, cracking stable of Frankens there!

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
So many white theme rubber clad frankens posted here lately, makes me appreciate mine even more. We should start a #WTRCFrankenClub!

On another note, I don't know if it is a thing or not, but my White Themes dial is very old (It's been used in a franken for the past 11 years, so its probably much older than that), but is still has incredible lume as well. It has never been relumed, still has factory lume. Luckily, I have gen hands as well with correspondingly strong lume.

Did the gen White Themes dials have incredibly strong lume compared to other older AP dials? Other owners can chime in. Here's a photo of my piece with less than ten seconds of lume charge:

VAo8fR.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So many white theme rubber clad frankens posted here lately, makes me appreciate mine even more. We should start a #WTRCFrankenClub!

On another note, I don't know if it is a thing or not, but my White Themes dial is very old (It's been used in a franken for the past 11 years, so its probably much older than that), but is still has incredible lume as well. It has never been relumed, still has factory lume. Luckily, I have gen hands as well with correspondingly strong lume.

Did the gen White Themes dials have incredibly strong lume compared to other older AP dials? Other owners can chime in. Here's a photo of my piece with less than ten seconds of lume charge:
First and foremost, AP ROOs have never been about lume intensity. It is a feature nice to have but it’s never been a priority of AP when designing their dials, unlike Panerai.

But to answer your question, the models with white dial bases and white markers seemed to have the strongest lume, in particular the white RC dial. I know this from observation rather than the rationale as to why this was so.

It’s a pity I’ll never wear an AP franken and I’ve been on the hunt for a gen white RC to be worn as a cheap daily beater, or I would have bought flying Tommy’s RC franken and joined you guys in your club. It remains one of the best looking models among the older APs and yours is no exception and seemed happily married to your wrist lol.
The color of the lume also seems to be a turqoise color rather than green am I correct? It’s very lovely, wear it well my friend.

Reactions: Allure and C Master

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

First and foremost, AP ROOs have never been about lume intensity. It is a feature nice to have but it’s never been a priority of AP when designing their dials, unlike Panerai.

But to answer your question, the models with white dial bases and white markers seemed to have the strongest lume, in particular the white RC dial. I know this from observation rather than the rationale as to why this was so.

It’s a pity I’ll never wear an AP franken and I’ve been on the hunt for a gen white RC to be worn as a cheap daily beater, or I would have bought flying Tommy’s RC franken and joined you guys in your club. It remains one of the best looking models among the older APs and yours is no exception and seemed happily married to your wrist lol.
The color of the lume also seems to be a turqoise color rather than green am I correct? It’s very lovely, wear it well my friend.

Reactions: Allure

flofas

3/10/13
Europe

In real life the lume looks more green than turquiose, as per original AP lume. I only notice it turquiose on photos of it, especially in low light. You can see the same effect in SuperLory 's photos above. It's not exactly superluminova (green), it has a slight chromalight colour on it.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
C Master - Sorry but I do not believe that you live in Ireland.... There is typically way too much sunshine in your pictures :p

Reactions: C Master
Status
Not open for further replies.