• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franzjupp83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/12/20
53134058e5d1e022f0a77c1c349852b1.jpg

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
Uh, why is the quality so bad

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
The 4th of Advent.
The days are getting shorter and quieter.
Time to get a little reflective and sentimental.
What a crazy year. We had to learn to face new challenges. The word health has taken on a new meaning. And the thought of protecting the family has become more important again.

Despite all this, I am very happy that we have our hobby, pastime and passion. It sometimes allows us to forget, to switch off.

I humbly look back on many projects. That I am able to carry them out at all in the current situation and that I got the parts.
For example, the Volcano.
When I remember that I hoped and worried for over a year that I would get the new hands at all.

To those who celebrate it, a happy 4th Advent and a peaceful and contemplative Christmas season. To everyone else, have a safe and healthy time.

88ee2b6695c90c712df8057374e6f3a6.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
The 4th of Advent.
The days are getting shorter and quieter.
Time to get a little reflective and sentimental.
What a crazy year. We had to learn to face new challenges. The word health has taken on a new meaning. And the thought of protecting the family has become more important again.

Despite all this, I am very happy that we have our hobby, pastime and passion. It sometimes allows us to forget, to switch off.

I humbly look back on many projects. That I am able to carry them out at all in the current situation and that I got the parts.
For example, the Volcano.
When I remember that I hoped and worried for over a year that I would get the new hands at all.

To those who celebrate it, a happy 4th Advent and a peaceful and contemplative Christmas season. To everyone else, have a safe and healthy time.

Well said indeed.

Reactions: flying-tommy

flofas

3/10/13
Europe

Having this complex hobby of watch collecting & building has saved the sanity of many of us. I think we were lucky that COVID only affected one small part of it, i.e. delivery time of courier services. Thanks for your insightful message and let's hope this ends as soon as we think it will.

On a more light note, I think reaching page #420 in this thread calls for a celebratory picture of the End Of Days, the model that started the blacked-out frenzy for luxury swiss watchmakers back in 1997. From a historical perspective, the End Of Days would forge the aesthetic underpinnings for an entire generation of blacked-out timepieces and it’s fair to say there would be no Hublot All Black and no George Bamford watches without its existence. Since then, the model has somewhat lost its appeal as the world moved toward more vintage and retro styled watches, but true aficionados will tell you that this watch was a turning point in AP's history, solidifying the young generation's fascination with the Offshore.

V5jUhp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.