• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
A rep can also be modded to a 14.5mm thickness without going franken, and also, frankens can be of the correct thickness or even thinner yes T, but very far away from gens. Not in the same league at all. And gens are overpriced IMHO for what they are if you consider that like many high end luxury watches, a lot of the price paid is for brand equity and celebrity endorsements, marketing and such. The gen ROO 3126/3840 caliber isn’t the most reliable as well as a chronograph caliber.

I think this hobby of ours is enjoyed at many different levels and that a lot of frankens here are visually similar to the gens when worn on the wrist and that’s good enough for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the movement need to be changed to mod it to 14.5mm? What sort of ballpark cost would someone be looking at to have this mod carried out?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My main concern is the thickness, looking forward to receiving it to see if it’s an issue for me. The black bezel should help to hide some of the thickness though hopefully.

Something I noticed on my qc pics is there’s a visible gasket between the case back and case which isn’t present on the diver. Is it also on the gen 26470?

Hi T

Just to show you the caseback gasket in the gen. It is visible but very thin. Almost like a sliver of black line between the caseback and midcase and not obtrusive at all. It is barely discernible and your eye mostly glides over it without noticing it.
1635c148b27b7858a6db52edbecbafc3.jpg

Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yes bro its a rubbergasket. And it supose to be there.
And the thicknes is a big issue. Only way is to go franken or gen. Othewise you have to learn to live with a 16.5mm hamburger on the wrist :) But its a Beautiful watch buddy. Wear in good health!

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Hamburger haha! Yes that is pretty thick, but it’s the same thickness as a gen PO and 1.5mm less than a DSSD so I’m hoping it won’t be too bad.

Reactions: Tompa

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Hi T

Just to show you the caseback gasket in the gen. It is visible but very thin. Almost like a sliver of black line between the caseback and midcase and not obtrusive at all. It is barely discernible and your eye mostly glides over it without noticing it.
1635c148b27b7858a6db52edbecbafc3.jpg

Yes can barely see it in that photo!

I guess if I removed the gasket the rotor would touch the case back?

teaston

20/3/16
UK
It may possibly touch the caseback yes.
The tolerance for each specific watch is different so I cannot say for sure.

Ok thanks, worth a try then. If it only just touches, I could maybe fit a gen gasket.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Something else I noticed on my qc pics is that the chrono hours hand doesn’t appear to point directly to 12, is this simply the chrono wasn’t reset properly last time, or some other minor issue?

Reactions: tedit

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
d7d9fdb68954d06419302bdc8dd43177.jpg

16853848ac65b9f35c55343024a0f5f9.jpg

c0fae6779572ca0115c148db2a01f356.jpg

Tried a different bezel, and it looks pretty good i must say :)

I agree this is a really nice look.
I wonder how this would look with an RG bezel/titanium case or an RG bezel and case. Like an inverse brick. Would love to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And again mega troubles with posting Replies . so sorry again for double/triple posts Glaude (will get my golden wing earlier this way though hahahaha )
I'll make sure to cut your post count down by 50% if you do. :lol:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Something else I noticed on my qc pics is that the chrono hours hand doesn’t appear to point directly to 12, is this simply the chrono wasn’t reset properly last time, or some other minor issue?

The creeping hour totalizer hand creeping or not pointing to 12 is a common issue with the A7750 sec@12 movement. As the TD to press the chrono reset button all the way in, and then send you an updated picture. If it still does not reset, ask for another watch.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
new and fresh summerstraps!

T you really need to try to get gen hands on the white RC. Yes everyone knows gen hands is better (or even essential to make any AP franken look more accurate), but for this specific case, it is going to effectively complete the look and make the watch look gen.
The rest of the watch looks almost perfect but the hands definitely need an upgrade.

Reactions: Allure

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
T you really need to try to get gen hands on the white RC. Yes everyone knows gen hands is better (or even essential to make any AP franken look more accurate), but for this specific case, it is going to effectively complete the look and make the watch look gen.
The rest of the watch looks almost perfect but the hands definitely need an upgrade.

I know bro. I have looking for a set for long time. And i found one few weeks ago, but the day after when i was going to buy it it was gone :/ verry sad over that :/
f7a9b3f5b0402c071742185838f3fc87.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.