• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
57a859e90033ef4c466a176d0e17701b.plist

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yes its not uggly. But on the elephant its uggly. Dont match. But on this it match. Or on the vampire

Glad you think so, it’s the one that’s coming with my incoming Dark Knight! Although I have ordered some other straps for it too.

Reactions: Tompa

teaston

20/3/16
UK
I have the Dark Knight too. Seldom worn but it’s somewhere in my collection.
00c9f21bd3a48d7e2f0e9bac31b4f856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Yours is gen though I guess?

The reason I chose it is because I want an AP with a ceramic bezel, as I already have two steel bezel ones. Ideally I would have like a dial colour other than black though, to be more different to my diver.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice! Yours is gen though I guess?

The reason I chose it is because I want an AP with a ceramic bezel, as I already have two steel bezel ones. Ideally I would have like a dial colour other than black though, to be more different to my diver.

Yes gen. For the 26470 series they come with see through case backs and personally I’m a movement caliber guy, so gen is the only way to go for me, but also because I’m a collector of AP, Patek and Rolex watches.

If it’s only about aesthetics, and pleasure-wear, it is good enough to go with a franken. There are a few nice 26470 frankens owned by members here and those are good enough if one just to wear a nice “AP”.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Yes gen. For the 26470 series they come with see through case backs and personally I’m a movement caliber guy, so gen is the only way to go for me, but also because I’m a collector of AP, Patek and Rolex watches.

If it’s only about aesthetics, and pleasure-wear, it is good enough to go with a franken. There are a few nice 26470 frankens owned by members here and those are good enough if one just to wear a nice “AP”.

My main concern is the thickness, looking forward to receiving it to see if it’s an issue for me. The black bezel should help to hide some of the thickness though hopefully.

Something I noticed on my qc pics is there’s a visible gasket between the case back and case which isn’t present on the diver. Is it also on the gen 26470?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
My main concern is the thickness, looking forward to receiving it to see if it’s an issue for me. The black bezel should help to hide some of the thickness though hopefully.

Something I noticed on my qc pics is there’s a visible gasket between the case back and case which isn’t present on the diver. Is it also on the gen 26470?

Yes bro its a rubbergasket. And it supose to be there.
And the thicknes is a big issue. Only way is to go franken or gen. Othewise you have to learn to live with a 16.5mm hamburger on the wrist :) But its a Beautiful watch buddy. Wear in good health!

Reactions: teaston

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes bro its a rubbergasket. And it supose to be there.
And the thicknes is a big issue. Only way is to go franken or gen. Othewise you have to learn to live with a 16.5mm hamburger on the wrist :) But its a Beautiful watch buddy. Wear in good health!

A rep can also be modded to a 14.5mm thickness without going franken, and also, frankens can be of the correct thickness or even thinner yes T, but very far away from gens. Not in the same league at all. And gens are overpriced IMHO for what they are if you consider that like many high end luxury watches, a lot of the price paid is for brand equity and celebrity endorsements, marketing and such. The gen ROO 3126/3840 caliber isn’t the most reliable as well as a chronograph caliber.

I think this hobby of ours is enjoyed at many different levels and that a lot of frankens here are visually similar to the gens when worn on the wrist and that’s good enough for most.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

In the gen the gasket is visible between the caseback and midcase but it seems to be thinner. I’m not sure as I have not compared them. The thickness can be reduced both for aesthetic accuracy and wearing comfort without going franken but for certain models, you may need to sacrifice the movement decoration and use a thinner rotor to achieve a thickness around 14.5mm.

Reactions: Allure and Jurgenk
Status
Not open for further replies.