• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
I though they said no gens allowed? :hehehe:
That’s a nice one T. And when I say nice I mean very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Al, I really appreciate it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

always wanted to know more about space shuttles.

Beautiful watch my friend! But i dont like the new style hands, old style is mutch more elegant and classy, in my opinion :) But i love your build, realy beautiful, can i se the cadeback?

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Beautiful watch my friend! But i dont like the new style hands, old style is mutch more elegant and classy, in my opinion :) But i love your build, realy beautiful, can i se the cadeback?

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Thanks T.

TBH I like the old style hands better, too. That said the new ones are repped far better by Mikey IMO.

I’ll take a pic for you when I have the chance. Nothing fancy to see there though.

Reactions: Tompa

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Racing ????????????????????
999a2b8f555c6b8f87acafa6d98e56b7.plist

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks T.

TBH I like the old style hands better, too. That said the new ones are repped far better by Mikey IMO.

I’ll take a pic for you when I have the chance. Nothing fancy to see there though.

I agree that the new style hands are better repped B.
One difference I can see is that the geometry differs between the gen and mikey hands around the hour hand tip.
I have attached a pic of the gen for reference. The geometry of the hour hand and the lume strip length seem different on the mikey hands.There are other small differences which I don't see a need to bring up here...
BSVlt.jpg

Having said that, we need to distinguish between meaningful differences and academic ones. Mikey did a very good job on this project, and this certainly looks better compared with the mikey classic hands. which can look awkward on franken ROOs and alter the look of the watch into something which looks rather off.
Congrats on owning this beautiful project and as a franken I think it looks good and better than many others shown around here.

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
I agree that the new style hands are better repped B.
One difference I can see is that the geometry differs between the gen and mikey hands around the hour hand tip.
I have attached a pic of the gen for reference. The geometry of the hour hand and the lume strip length seem different on the mikey hands.There are other small differences which I don't see a need to bring up here...
BSVlt.jpg

Having said that, we need to distinguish between meaningful differences and academic ones. Mikey did a very good job on this project, and this certainly looks better compared with the mikey classic hands. which can look awkward on franken ROOs and alter the look of the watch into something which looks rather off.
Congrats on owning this beautiful project and as a franken I think it looks good and better than many others shown around here.

I fully I agree. The earlier Mikey hands take a way a lot from an otherwise nice build. I just heard he’s working on a new version for the old style hands though.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I fully I agree. The earlier Mikey hands take a way a lot from an otherwise nice build. I just heard he’s working on a new version for the old style hands though.

I’m looking forward to seeing this, as well as other improvements guys here are making to AP frankens. The differences on the new style hands are purely academic. On the wrist, they make no visual difference to the casual observer. ;)

Reactions: Allure and Revolper
Status
Not open for further replies.