• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Black Panda Franken on Gen Red Rubber - interessting combo - need to get used to the massive red. Gen Red is such a gorgeous Color

I think it is about how everything comes together visually, and the boldness and uniqueness of your creation.
It beats copying the look of a specific model, and failing miserably lol.
In your case, the watch looks like a customized gen and a conversation starter. There is simply nothing to compare it to. :len:

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
I think it is about how everything comes together visually, and the boldness and uniqueness of your creation.
It beats copying the look of a specific model, and failing miserably lol.
In your case, the watch looks like a customized gen and a conversation starter. There is simply nothing to compare it to. :len:

Limpy inspired me to get a DLC case for my panda Franken. I think I wanna try ceramic bezel instead of DLC though. And I think a black tachy would complete the look. Awesome customized Panda, like the ones Black Venom are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
0156030482b27d5af66cc100c021c504.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
0156030482b27d5af66cc100c021c504.jpg

Pretty nice! How did you DLC the crown or was it from a DLCd model?

legend you are absolutely right. the good thing about fantasy frankens is exactly that. you cant really compare it to the original. But outer dimensions must still work and be like gen. The main idea of a Fantasy is to NOT be comprable. i have to admit this works in my favor because it camouflages the flaws that come with my build for example :)

Happy that you find it looks like a customized gen - thats the goal i wanted to achieve with this build. maybe should add the word ‚aged‘ :)

Good thing is thatvthe Noob APs take the Gen rubber very well. I will add gen Habds and then the build should be completed. Reg. ceramic pushers i have no clue if they would fit the old noob case and if the JF pusher are a plug and play swap.

the rubber works for me, ceramic model is coming up some other day :)

Reactions: Revolper and legend

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12

legend you are absolutely right. the good thing about fantasy frankens is exactly that. you cant really compare it to the original. But outer dimensions must still work and be like gen. The main idea of a Fantasy is to NOT be comprable. i have to admit this works in my favor because it camouflages the flaws that come with my build for example :)

Happy that you find it looks like a customized gen - thats the goal i wanted to achieve with this build. maybe should add the word ‚aged‘ :)

Good thing is thatvthe Noob APs take the Gen rubber very well. I will add gen Habds and then the build should be completed. Reg. ceramic pushers i have no clue if they would fit the old noob case and if the JF pusher are a plug and play swap.

Domi disassembled the crown before DLC coating.

I like your build also. Very nice.

Reactions: Revolper

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Limpy thank you for the explanation. One reason I like and in fact follow your builds is because you seem to be completely casual and open about your builds and show them for what they are rather then try to make up some fancy concoction about what you want them to be and how perfect they are. I admire and respect that.
I meant it when I said that your build is a panda some aftermarket modding house could have done for a gen panda. I guess you’re pretty clever to build a watch which could be explained as a customized one rather than explaining why one detail or another of your $5000 franken differs from the gen of the same model. I meant it also when I said that I like the way your watch looks. I will rather wear a watch like yours than for example a “beast” franken which differs from the gen in too many ways to count.
Thank you for sharing and I’m looking forward to see more of your creations.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
AP ROO Franken build by Domi :)

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk
I’ve owned this in gen before but sold it as the dial color became boring. Your watch brings back memories of mine but of course it looks quite different.

Caseback shot, since it’s not often I see franken owners showing this perspective. The AP movement is a thing of beauty and the rotor and caliber details are worthy of appreciation.

BFB77140-A548-4456-A3B0-1BF1B4736B29abd4a5b0e0fb6536.jpg

And then the front

0664282E-7E98-4CFF-8865-795D6D131EACcdf190c23b39e33c.jpg

Congrats on your build [mention]Hublot1704 [/mention]it’s an interesting looking watch ;)

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
I’ve owned this in gen before but sold it as the dial color became boring. Your watch brings back memories of mine but of course it looks quite different.

Caseback shot, since it’s not often I see franken owners showing this perspective. The AP movement is a thing of beauty and the rotor and caliber details are worthy of appreciation.

BFB77140-A548-4456-A3B0-1BF1B4736B29abd4a5b0e0fb6536.jpg

And then the front

0664282E-7E98-4CFF-8865-795D6D131EACcdf190c23b39e33c.jpg

Congrats on your build [mention]Hublot1704 [/mention]it’s an interesting looking watch ;)

What do you mean by interesting? :D

Some pics in direct sunlight :)
e71db654dc7392a0995228f094672e7a.jpg
ed5199a1550c2e78ffab9386ca3c70f5.jpg
de6e3c0f093a27d7badbb9942a4d42d0.jpg
8506edcb8b469e79ad77cb78bb77d032.jpg

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.