• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

Look at the dial. The logo. The Dw is is straight under the Numbers. Tachy is not shaved and its a good gap. So i think the dial is gen at least. Hands i can not say, new model hands Im no expert on

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
d3c462b99fb42c7f45dca32beee57900.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ap mate, which factory is it?

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I guess I’ve misjudged the diversity of people on this forum, personally I only know two people with gen Rolex’s, and I’ve never seen an AP in person, either real or gen!

Thanks for the welcome, although I have been part of the rep club for a few years already, as you can see from my join date, although I don’t know what happened to my post count, I certainly had a few hundred posts but they seem to have disappeared at some point!

The AP community has a lot of lurkers who are ballers in real life. I know who some of them are personally. There are many gens here which are never posted out of the owners’ preference for privacy.
Anyway back to the 15500, I thought you knew I was making fun of that guy’s post when I put up a pic of my gen.
Gen APs are things of beauty I assure you. Below is a shot of another gen I own. You cannot find a rep of this yet.

1B9D0C87-921D-4776-9602-8CF71F75580D07ea98ae69e2aed3.jpg

Trust me teaston, this may be a rep forum but the members here are not the same bunch on reddit. Many have seen the gens, handled them and own them. Be careful about making such sweeping statements again before knowing the profile of the community. I can safely say that the gens you can sometimes glimpse here, are more exotic than the ones you can see on the gen forums.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Look at the dial. The logo. The Dw is is straight under the Numbers. Tachy is not shaved and its a good gap. So i think the dial is gen at least. Hands i can not say, new model hands Im no expert on

And the crown seems to be lower then the pushers

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Here is my JF replica of the vampire.
df2d206a577e70f9f45f2ea729e669aa.plist

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And the crown seems to be lower then the pushers

Well let’s have a fun bet T. I bet you that the vampire isn’t gen. Do you want to take me on, just for fun? ;)
$50 via PayPal for the winner. Game on bro! :D

Reactions: Allure

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Well let’s have a fun bet T. I bet you that the vampire isn’t gen. Do you want to take me on, just for fun? ;)
$50 via PayPal for the winner. Game on bro! :D

Well... maybe its a franken. Gen dial. Hands. Lwo. Case looks like a JF case. Its JF polished edges. But i can be wrong. But if you are sure i belive you bro. But the dial cant be a rep dial. Tell me How can the logo be in right position? And the numbers be lined up correct over/under Dw? No rep factory can do that.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
The AP community has a lot of lurkers who are ballers in real life. I know who some of them are personally. There are many gens here which are never posted out of the owners’ preference for privacy.
Anyway back to the 15500, I thought you knew I was making fun of that guy’s post when I put up a pic of my gen.
Gen APs are things of beauty I assure you. Below is a shot of another gen I own. You cannot find a rep of this yet.

1B9D0C87-921D-4776-9602-8CF71F75580D07ea98ae69e2aed3.jpg

Trust me teaston, this may be a rep forum but the members here are not the same bunch on reddit. Many have seen the gens, handled them and own them. Be careful about making such sweeping statements again before knowing the profile of the community. I can safely say that the gens you can sometimes glimpse here, are more exotic than the ones you can see on the gen forums.

Wow very impressive mate, how many gens do you have? Do you have any reps?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well... maybe its a franken. Gen dial. Hands. Lwo. Case looks like a JF case. Its JF polished edges. But i can be wrong. But if you are sure i belive you bro. But the dial cant be a rep dial. Tell me How can the logo be in right position? And the numbers be lined up correct over/under Dw? No rep factory can do that.

Oh the bet was just for fun, I did not really mean that. ;)
I can only tell you that I can and have shifted the AP logos on reps before. It’s a mod that can be done.
The reason I wanted to see the front of peterchao’s watch was because I am curious about the build. I have my doubts that it’s a gen for my own reasons. A frontal shot will clear up everything I think.

Your reasoning isn’t invalid but I’m going with my observation. Let’s see if I’m wrong, T, haha!

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow very impressive mate, how many gens do you have? Do you have any reps?

Suffice to tell you that I can and have purchased the more popular APs, Pateks and Rolex at the respective boutiques in Singapore. Even in the local gen community, my collection is known in the circle.
How many gens you ask? Let’s just peg that number between “more than most average collectors” and “a room full of watches” lol.
I used to own some reps and was down to my last one a month or two back: a modded FC diver but I’ve sold that one too as I see them getting worn more commonly. I like my watches to be unique.

RWI members rock yes? Lol.

Reactions: Allure and teaston

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Look at the hand stack.

I want my 50$ =]]

Last edited:

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Suffice to tell you that I can and have purchased the more popular APs, Pateks and Rolex at the respective boutiques in Singapore. Even in the local gen community, my collection is known in the circle.
How many gens you ask? Let’s just peg that number between “more than most average collectors” and “a room full of watches” lol.
I used to own some reps and was down to my last one a month or two back: a modded FC diver but I’ve sold that one too as I see them getting worn more commonly. I like my watches to be unique.

RWI members rock yes? Lol.

Crikey, you are a very lucky man!

I’m already considering another AP rep, one on a rubber strap, either an Offshore, Diver or Chrono, are there any you would recommend? I don’t want anything too big, I don’t even wear my DSSD because it’s such a hug lump of watch on my wrist!

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
So do you still think it’s a stock JF? Lol

I was a little too fast on that one. But then again I don’t lurk here 24/7, I guess my eyes aren’t as trained.

do you think the center chrono hand is gen? The base looks weird imo. Might be wrong here too?!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I was a little too fast on that one. But then again I don’t lurk here 24/7, I guess my eyes aren’t as trained.

do you think the center chrono hand is gen? The base looks weird imo. Might be wrong here too?!

If I have to take a guess I’ll say it’s possibly a franken.
As the quality of the reps progresses, it’s harder and harder to tell the builds apart. I see it a good thing that learned members like yourself, tompa and superlory are not making “absolute” call outs (i.e. it’s 100% a gen/rep) as it shows the quality of watches shown here. Watches like this can be identified as rep because of a lack of a specific gen feature rather than the overall poor appearance.

Whatever the watch may be it’s more important we learn from one another rather than determining who is right or wrong. I’m very happy to learn if I’ve made a mistake here!

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
If I have to take a guess I’ll say it’s possibly a franken.
As the quality of the reps progresses, it’s harder and harder to tell the builds apart. I see it a good thing that learned members like yourself, tompa and superlory are not making “absolute” call outs (i.e. it’s 100% a gen/rep) as it shows the quality of watches shown here. Watches like this can be identified as rep because of a lack of a specific gen feature rather than the overall poor appearance.

Whatever the watch may be it’s more important we learn from one another rather than determining who is right or wrong. I’m very happy to learn if I’ve made a mistake here!

Me too buddy, well said.

Reactions: Tompa

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
Hey guys, didn’t check forum and wasn’t aware that a lot of discussion going on here lol

It is a JF based franken with gen dial & tachy, hands and dw are from Mikey.

Some pics see below:

a8dff124ae15e41af237a4cc18f04182.plist
147cad5f9dc971e71b46549676d392f2.plist
8c0240867af7a7041b6f3bb00c8010a5.plist
97e09efb226c712178bbdaafcef00148.plist
b6c170719cb7eb63092d1c79ede6e74c.plist
182de6361ab3aef1232296c6c1c15a41.plist
9231d235d6b17e741e8fd0b382fe319a.plist
ef4f4e967f694700b6e0384a68875f72.plist
83f34082bbb2eaa863c0fa105cb41f0b.plist
c10ae7acb5b4548198b8eaa98ea4afeb.plist

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
HA I WANT MY $50 !

Thanks peterchao for the bout of freshness this has brought. I'd get the outer AR coating of that crystal off but to each its own.

Who did the job ? Can't be Spongebob right ? His hands thinning has a different style.

Status
Not open for further replies.