• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
i'm saying it in the most non captious way, really I'm in awe of that, but that 400 on the tachy IMHO is a visual tell more than a set of well refined rep hands.

Feel free to disagree

like this..
2b5acb233d480ced95949bf2c74ad243.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I recently acquired the H series gen and the weight, like the other RG ROOs I own, is reassuring on the wrist.

Would love to see some pics, sorry if I missed them earlier...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Visually, this is perfectly executed.
The shape, stack and shine of the gen hands cannot be understated. It is basically what you see each time you look at the time, along with the details on the dial.

Nice to see the positive vibe and love for Jurgenk and FlyingTommy's Frankens: I admire them too. Hand stacks are certainly an area which should concern people, but as Jurgenk said, there will always be something else, and many of us go through phases where we are more concerned about bezels, crystals, screws, crowns/pushers, dial condition, cyclopses, datewheel prints, magnifications, water seals, movement, etc. Last time APSC Clearwater did a service for one of my gens, they charged me $110 for a complete hand replacement, by comparison to the $700 I saw for a beat up used hour/minute pair on Ebay once. (getting to the extreme bubble peak of the eye-sore 5402 hand pair listed for $5000 right now on the Bay...) Factor in this price gouging and the sometimes poor quality (scratches, etc.) of these hands on the grey market, and even the sometimes poor quality of the gen hands themselves even when they are new (Le Brassus sometimes does not do such a great job of luming and lacquering), one really starts to wonder about the price/return proposition of a gen AP hand stack. Granted, on the simpler dials, the visual importance of the hands is magnified and gen hands certainly help, but with some builds, I wonder if there are other, more economic solutions. And sometimes aftermarket hands in great condition might be a better alternative than the nicked up, corroded gen hands I sometimes see. But who knows... I passed through a phase where I was obsessed with gen hands, and I got lucky by some people's standards, but now I am looking more closely at other things.

Last edited:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
bb2dfed7403b84f0507f8a68ae1109f2.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Hmm is that what in thinking it is bro ;) you using my watch..? :) haha

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Status