• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
4c7b7cda32f9a6339ba45bb0d2f81d88.jpg

fa66eedeba1d4e7c7478fe74f8e455e8.jpg

eceeb1512e123899a7bd5b5de2c84f6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

T this is a nice watch. Just a couple of questions please:

1. Is this a PVD or DLC case? Asking as I like the color tone of the case. It seems to be black but with a hint of pencil lead grey in it.

2. I like the Velcro straps. Does it make the watch more comfortable to wear and is the weight distributed well?

Thank you for your time!

Reactions: Allure

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
T this is a nice watch. Just a couple of questions please:

1. Is this a PVD or DLC case? Asking as I like the color tone of the case. It seems to be black but with a hint of pencil lead grey in it.

2. I like the Velcro straps. Does it make the watch more comfortable to wear and is the weight distributed well?

Thank you for your time!

Thank you Al.

To my knowledge (and how I understand the difference in between those coatings) this is DLC. The bezel sides reflect the light as if their were polished and to my understanding only DLC can do this (I might be wrong tho).

As much as I would live to give you a long term user feedback on the velcro strap, I received it earlier today from [mention]SMP_lover [/mention] . What I can tell you is I struggle with all my APs to find the right fit for my wrist, always slightly too loose or too tight. The case is held perfectly in the middle of my wrist. It suits me well (after wearing it for about 4 hours).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you Al.

To my knowledge (and how I understand the difference in between those coatings) this is DLC. The bezel sides reflect the light as if their were polished and to my understanding only DLC can do this (I might be wrong tho).

As much as I would live to give you a long term user feedback on the velcro strap, I received it earlier today from [mention]SMP_lover [/mention] . What I can tell you is I struggle with all my APs to find the right fit for my wrist, always slightly too loose or too tight. The case is held perfectly in the middle of my wrist. It suits me well (after wearing it for about 4 hours).

Hope this helps.

Thank you T.
I’ve seen a gen EOD recently and the case was almost charcoal grey in color like the watch in your pic. Very beautiful.

For the Velcro straps I’m actually considering one to try out on an offshore but have been curious about how it wears. I’ll likely get in touch with Vic to make one for me. Thank you for sharing pics of yours, it helped me make up my mind to go for one myself.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thank you T.
I’ve seen a gen EOD recently and the case was almost charcoal grey in color like the watch in your pic. Very beautiful.

For the Velcro straps I’m actually considering one to try out on an offshore but have been curious about how it wears. I’ll likely get in touch with Vic to make one for me. Thank you for sharing pics of yours, it helped me make up my mind to go for one myself.

i would have velcro straps on all my watches (except the rolex bracelet). Microadjustment to the micron for the perfect fit

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Thank you T.

You are welcome my dear friend. I have to say I love the old ROO case way more as there are no stupid plots to deal with. Shame there are so hard to come by (or I would definitely be tempted by a Franken)

Reactions: legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
You are welcome my dear friend. I have to say I love the old ROO case way more as there are no stupid plots to deal with. Shame there are so hard to come by (or I would definitely be tempted by a Franken)

well the new ones finally have the quick snap mechanism

Reactions: Picasso74
Status
Not open for further replies.