• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Theses colors are really nice, i love theses flashy strap, how much theses starp cost?

Edit: Ok 120gbp, lol, JF is better in term of quality for half the price? Incredible

£120... better off paying a bit more for Horus straps..?

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
dHFY3.jpg

Summer vibes

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow epic discount!
Thanks!

Both in price and quality apparently according to [mention]SuperLory [/mention]

For accessories for luxury watches, such price elasticity can often backfire on the maker. Gen AP owners (and even rep AP owners) are able and willing to spend on quality straps even if they are expensive and it said price makes sense in relation to the watch. Such a steep discount will show both the percentage of profit at the recommended retail price, and the fact that offering the straps is about profitability more than product quality.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Midas straps but I do believe the opinion of Lory given his opinions on other watches/straps which I’ve read in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Both in price and quality apparently according to [mention]SuperLory [/mention]

For accessories for luxury watches, such price elasticity can often backfire on the maker. Gen AP owners (and even rep AP owners) are able and willing to spend on quality straps even if they are expensive and it said price makes sense in relation to the watch. Such a steep discount will show both the percentage of profit at the recommended retail price, and the fact that offering the straps is about profitability more than product quality.

Disclaimer: I do not own any Midas straps but I do believe the opinion of Lory given his opinions on other watches/straps which I’ve read in the past.

i dont want to beat a dead horse so I will add a couple of good things about these straps: 1. they are easy to mount, like straight in (unlike cheap ones) and fit decently 2. They have really nice colors which you can't find anywhere else and i love the 20mm tapering

On the epic discount, like legend rightfully reasoned, that shows you where the margins are - he probably sold 100 at full price and repaid a 1000 moq investment and now can give them away for free (i paid shipping basically) and if they were so cheap having the same quality of a JF ..then also a JF could be found for this price..but no you can't so quality can't be remotely close to.

At the original price point I much prefer vagenari (also the name reminds me of my favorite dish so I might be biased) which has a very nice porous, rubbery soft feeling and a nice gamma of nuances and sizes. At 20 bucks I take midas obviously

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I do need a few comment on the color of Montauk. May I ask your advise [mention]legend [/mention]

Zeula this is one of the most beautiful APs IMHO and congrats on you owning one and pairing it with a nice strap.
I think that the color is decent and that the watch is well modded. You just need confidence and attitude to pull off any watch you wear in real life.
This is a beauty on your wrist, congrats and wear it well!

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I do need a few comment on the color of Montauk
Any rep colour of the Montauk is completely wrong whether it's JF or Noob.

most beautiful APs IMHO
Absolutely agree on this one bro. Montauk Highway is one of the nicest Offshores ever made.

Last edited:

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Zeula this is one of the most beautiful APs IMHO and congrats on you owning one and pairing it with a nice strap.
I think that the color is decent and that the watch is well modded. You just need confidence and attitude to pull off any watch you wear in real life.
This is a beauty on your wrist, congrats and wear it well!

Thanks sir.

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Any rep colour of the Montauk is completely wrong whether it's JF or Noob.

Thanks for the comment. Since i will never see any gen Montauk in my country. I'm thinking to change the color on marker, i got one great lume guy in my country. By the way, not sure that the picture from camera in google is the correct shade when comparing to gen or not.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thanks for the comment. Since i will never see any gen Montauk in my country. I'm thinking to change the color on marker, i got one great lume guy in my country. By the way, not sure that the picture from camera in google is the correct shade when comparing to gen or not.

I happen to have owned a gen and a Franken Montauk. I will attach a pic that comes close in terms of colour after this post so you can compare to yours.

If you have it redone, don’t just do the markers, also have to do the hands along with it. Hands and markers are the same colour, as legend can confirm. Some examples had a marginal darker shade on the hands but I have no idea what that is due to or how to apply this rule, probably hit or miss.

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
That one comes pretty close however is shot in a light box so it’s still a tad brighter. On this one, the hands are a marginal darker shade as well like I’ve mentioned before.
d8lv2.jpg

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
42d1b87ae1d5d1dad1243a0c9dae8089.jpg

Zeula, this is a very nice refinishing of the JF hour and minute hand bases.
Can you tell us what technique you used? Did you replate after grinding and polishing?
And I’m also wondering what is causing the squared edges in the blue lume of the hour and minute hands near the base? Is this an effect of your luming device or technique?

Reactions: Revolper

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Color is a tricky aspect from looking at pictures Zeula. To be honest, the rep colors look good to me but gen owners like Quetip will be able to give you much more valuable information on the color differences. I’ve not owned the gen before so I can only tell you if your watch looks good from a bystander point of view. The color combination of white/cream dial, baby blue, brown subdials and gold accents on the hands and markers is a winning combination and nothing AP made surpassed this yet for me.

If you’re getting the watch relumed, do PM Quetip and if you ask nicely he will be able to help you.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip
Status
Not open for further replies.