• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
The 25271 beast also has different datewheels (depending on the series)from what your watch has (see below for a 25271 example)
de0f6122ceeeac58009ac6bbca50ba24.jpg

and if your build is to replicate the 25271 beast than the cyclop needs to be a different one too.
Remember that the font on the beast is different from the other ROOs and there is currently no aftermarket datewheel for it.
Look at the 7 on the 25271st. It’s almost the same as the font on the 26237 except that the 26237 has thicker date font lines.

7481747906986f7b2f010b89ac02f031.jpg

Whatever version your watch is replicating, you will need a special datewheel for it. For this franken model the datewheel will always be an instant tell. That’s why I have to make a batch of dw for it. It’s a necessary hassle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Legend. I'll wait for your datewheel sir!!

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
My "Beast" bought in 1997 sold in 2007. Man what was I thinking. legend the date font is not that clear, but can you tell us a bit about it. (via my AD the watch went to Conus back than.)

Why you sold it bro? So Beautiful!

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
My "Beast" bought in 1997 sold in 2007. Man what was I thinking. legend the date font is not that clear, but can you tell us a bit about it. (via my AD the watch went to Conus back than.)

Seems like new mikey old school weighted font close to this. Let Master Legend explain.

DW always my big problem.

0d3df09f635c06664ddc5d831f3040ef.plist

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Why you sold it bro? So Beautiful!

At that time I was not that satisfied with the overall quality, mind you, in thse days it was one of the most expensive watch in steel. After three years on the wrist:
Power reserve only 5 hours. Sub dials not returning to zero. Than the chrono pushers got stuck, so chrono not working. Service at the AP AD more than 2 thousand euro's.
Than here in Amsterdam, all the wise guys (criminals and other sort of scumm) got rid of there rolexes and bought this specific model. AP was hot . all this made me sell the AP.

now I wish I had not, but that is how it goes in life, if we can tell the future....... hahahahaa. happy with my reps though. THX Tompa for your reaction and all your photos. Like it allot :)

Reactions: Tompa

Desmomonstro

5/4/15
The 25271 beast also has different datewheels (depending on the series)from what your watch has (see below for a 25271 example)
de0f6122ceeeac58009ac6bbca50ba24.jpg

and if your build is to replicate the 25271 beast than the cyclop needs to be a different one too.
Remember that the font on the beast is different from the other ROOs and there is currently no aftermarket datewheel for it.
Look at the 7 on the 25271st. It’s almost the same as the font on the 26237 except that the 26237 has thicker date font lines.

7481747906986f7b2f010b89ac02f031.jpg

Whatever version your watch is replicating, you will need a special datewheel for it. For this franken model the datewheel will always be an instant tell. That’s why I have to make a batch of dw for it. It’s a necessary hassle!

Need to look with microscope???
I thought watch was about looking from eyes to wrist distance....

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
At that time I was not that satisfied with the overall quality, mind you, in thse days it was one of the most expensive watch in steel. After three years on the wrist:
Power reserve only 5 hours. Sub dials not returning to zero. Than the chrono pushers got stuck, so chrono not working. Service at the AP AD more than 2 thousand euro's.
Than here in Amsterdam, all the wise guys (criminals and other sort of scumm) got rid of there rolexes and bought this specific model. AP was hot . all this made me sell the AP.

now I wish I had not, but that is how it goes in life, if we can tell the future....... hahahahaa. happy with my reps though. THX Tompa for your reaction and all your photos. Like it allot :)

Ah i see. And sad to hear.. But I hope you made a decent profit of it, and enyojed a Beautiful watch a couple of years :) a win-win situation. You can buy many reps for that amount you got for that Beast. You are from Amsterdam bro? I was there a few years ago, realy nice city. Specialy the red light district ;) haha no just kidding bro, But i realy like Amsterdam, maybe i will comeback to visit.
Thanks my friend!

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Ah i see. And sad to hear.. But I hope you made a decent profit of it, and enyojed a Beautiful watch a couple of years :) a win-win situation. You can buy many reps for that amount you got for that Beast. You are from Amsterdam bro? I was there a few years ago, realy nice city. Specialy the red light district ;) haha no just kidding bro, But i realy like Amsterdam, maybe i will comeback to visit.
Thanks my friend!

haha I made a profit, so all those years wearing a great watch for free :)

Yep Amsterdam was nice, now the extreme left wing is in charge, so it is a drama. Drugs, Moroccan Drugs maffia is ruling the scene, knife incidents all over the place (12 year old kids??) watches ripped off your wrist. police can do nothing or is not allowed to do anything. Scared of Racism. Well as a Zweed you know the drill. So when you visit us again, don't look like a tourist hahahahaha.

cheers mate.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Should appreciate people having an eye for finer details and wanting to offer fixes to people to have an option to correct flaws without them you'd probably still be running around wearing a canal st rep with a quartz movement. Which is going to be much harder to pass off, even from wrist distance. Let alone microscope ;)

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Datewheel font is something discernible without a microscope for most people. Didn’t know you need one.

Also at wrist-eye distance none of the AP reps will pass as anything but a rep if you know what to look for, modded or otherwise.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Seems like new mikey old school weighted font close to this. Let Master Legend explain.

DW always my big problem.

0d3df09f635c06664ddc5d831f3040ef.plist

I’ve already told you, the datewheel font in the early 25721 beast or 26237st beast are different. They have a hooked 7 which I’ve shown you in a pic above. Also the “1” on double digit 1x dates is slightly longer than the second digit. The date font lines are thicker. There are other small differences. Doesn’t matter which aftermarket datewheel you use, none are correct.
It if up to you to believe of course. As long as you’re happy with your watch, feel free to show it off as gen to people around you. I’m just sharing what I know, and I know my APs. If I tell you every flaw I see on your frankens you will see thousands of dollars wasted. I don’t wish to do that. So let’s just stick to theoretical discussions and not try to make me prove my point.
The beast is a particularly tricky build because of the datewheel and also most owners use a period incorrect cyclop. Often the watch will look like a mash up of the modern and vintage ROO due to the wrong parts used. For example I’m quite sure your caseback engravings are incorrect too VS the 25721 which should either be an E or F series.
Doesn’t matter if Mikey has a new datewheel. It’s good for regular contemporary ROOs but still not the beast.
One point to note though: I’ve seen a 25721 beast having a modern font service datewheel but this is an exception and changed out upon owner request. So it’s ultimately back to this: as long as you love your watch, its details are your own business. Every watch is what it is (rep, modded, franken, and gen) and should not be misrepresented otherwise with misleading and subjective descriptions especially like “perfect” or “1:1”. I’ve never seen an example of a build which fits either of the descriptions so far.

• Love

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Hey Stane, lovely watch.
With regard to the datewheel of the beast, let me try to take a pic of each date and post it here. I guess a picture will speak a thousand words, and 31 pics, 31,000 of them :D

Desmomonstro

5/4/15
Datewheel font is something discernible without a microscope for most people. Didn’t know you need one.

Also at wrist-eye distance none of the AP reps will pass as anything but a rep if you know what to look for, modded or otherwise.

Yes i remember you explain to me .when it comes to your mods.
Like closed up photos are unrealistic.
Kind of selective aspect of appreciation.

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
I’ve already told you, the datewheel font in the early 25721 beast or 26237st beast are different. They have a hooked 7 which I’ve shown you in a pic above. Also the “1” on double digit 1x dates is slightly longer than the second digit. The date font lines are thicker. There are other small differences. Doesn’t matter which aftermarket datewheel you use, none are correct.
It if up to you to believe of course. As long as you’re happy with your watch, feel free to show it off as gen to people around you. I’m just sharing what I know, and I know my APs. If I tell you every flaw I see on your frankens you will see thousands of dollars wasted. I don’t wish to do that. So let’s just stick to theoretical discussions and not try to make me prove my point.
The beast is a particularly tricky build because of the datewheel and also most owners use a period incorrect cyclop. Often the watch will look like a mash up of the modern and vintage ROO due to the wrong parts used. For example I’m quite sure your caseback engravings are incorrect too VS the 25721 which should either be an E or F series.
Doesn’t matter if Mikey has a new datewheel. It’s good for regular contemporary ROOs but still not the beast.
One point to note though: I’ve seen a 25721 beast having a modern font service datewheel but this is an exception and changed out upon owner request. So it’s ultimately back to this: as long as you love your watch, its details are your own business. Every watch is what it is (rep, modded, franken, and gen) and should not be misrepresented otherwise with misleading and subjective descriptions especially like “perfect” or “1:1”. I’ve never seen an example of a build which fits either of the descriptions so far.

I'm clear sir. Kindly let me know when your dw project is complete. I need it badly.

Thanks A.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes i remember you explain to me .when it comes to your mods.
Like closed up photos are unrealistic.
Kind of selective aspect of appreciation.

yes, even with my mods, I cannot honestly tell the owner "ok you have a 1:1 watch now".. it will still be leagues away from the gen as you know.
I agree that for some models, the flaws are harder to see (for example, models with both black dials and black datewheels).
And yes photos zoomed to x times on the forums do not represent the watch well in real life.
I still go with my statement that as long as it pleases the owner, then it is the right watch.
This is afterall just a hobby, and I hope we can each enjoy it at our own level and capacity.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.