• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Do you actually wear your watches? They all look spotless wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yes offcourse. But not mutch on every watch. I have many in my rotation :) But offcourse i have a few favorites that i use more then others

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Haha yes offcourse. But not mutch on every watch. I have many in my rotation :) But offcourse i have a few favorites that i use more then others

How many? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
How many? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a4bf98599e58b1792e9697d4f2cb0ff3.jpg

(The AP section)
5903b88c4ea6f47793f70142c37bc5c1.plist

And a few more that i have bought lately

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
All watches looks good on red.. :)

c7c966a1ddc3b239f81854bf8de94c37.plist

b42e9b6a3833111474e51deaaf60bd3b.plist

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Hi Tompa that is a nice collection. I owned more than you when I was into reps lol, so your pic brought a nostalgic smile to me.
You may progress in the hobby as the more serious AP enthusiasts did, narrowing your collection as you begin to see all the flaws, and buying more frankens instead, and then seeing the flaws on the frankens and buying gens :hehehe:

In terms of number, that is an impressive collection and I see you own very nice models. I like your approach to this hobby, where you buy and own AP reps to entertain and amuse yourself and not to impress anyone else. That is a good attitude to have, I never see you asking which model is more "gen like" or "closest to gen" or "most accurate". You buy a watch because you like it, and I applaud that attitude.

peterchao

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/3/16
a4bf98599e58b1792e9697d4f2cb0ff3.jpg

(The AP section)
5903b88c4ea6f47793f70142c37bc5c1.plist

Wow! What a collection!
I need to get some hornback straps, those straps are beautiful.

Reactions: Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Hi Tompa that is a nice collection. I owned more than you when I was into reps lol, so your pic brought a nostalgic smile to me.
You may progress in the hobby as the more serious AP enthusiasts did, narrowing your collection as you begin to see all the flaws, and buying more frankens instead, and then seeing the flaws on the frankens and buying gens :hehehe:

In terms of number, that is an impressive collection and I see you own very nice models. I like your approach to this hobby, where you buy and own AP reps to entertain and amuse yourself and not to impress anyone else. That is a good attitude to have, I never see you asking which model is more "gen like" or "closest to gen" or "most accurate". You buy a watch because you like it, and I applaud that attitude.

Thanks Al! :) haha i can imagine that.
Yes i have thought of that many times lately. Sell them all and buy/build 2-3frankens instead. But you know, frankens are still ”replicas” so its the same.. only different is that you have some gen parts in it and it cost 4-5times of a standard replica. But its still a replica and not a gen Audermars.....So i cant realy deside. and i realy like the diversity, change watch after what cloths i use this day or what ever. And the biggest thing for my in this hobby is photos. I love take photos, and AP’s are the most photogenic watch of them all.

The worst think of standar Roo’s (in my opinion) is 1.thicknes. 2.Hands base. 3. Cyklop. And you can fix all this things if you want to a standard replica Roo. Not to a franken level offcourse but to a decent level. And i know i cant fool anyone so its not so inportant..
Haha no i have never ask that, you know why? Because no 42mm ROO is ”gen” like.. i thought that in the begining But after hours and hours of reading in this great forum i have learn that is the case.. But i love the look of AP replicas so i dont care, they bring me joy everyday. Thanks for your kind word my friend

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks Al! :) haha i can imagine that.
Yes i have thought of that many times lately. Sell them all and buy/build 2-3frankens instead. But you know, frankens are still ”replicas” so its the same.. only different is that you have some gen parts in it and it cost 4-5times of a standard replica. But its still a replica and not a gen Audermars.....So i cant realy deside. and i realy like the diversity, change watch after what cloths i use this day or what ever. And the biggest thing for my in this hobby is photos. I love take photos, and AP’s are the most photogenic watch of them all.

The worst think of standar Roo’s (in my opinion) is 1.thicknes. 2.Hands base. 3. Cyklop. And you can fix all this things if you want to a standard replica Roo. Not to a franken level offcourse but to a decent level. And i know i cant fool anyone so its not so inportant..
Haha no i have never ask that, you know why? Because no 42mm ROO is ”gen” like.. i thought that in the begining But after hours and hours of reading in this great forum i have learn that is the case.. But i love the look of AP replicas so i dont care, they bring me joy everyday. Thanks for your kind word my friend

I have watched you grow in this hobby my friend, from a complete newbie to a guy who knows his stuff and more important, someone who takes time to share his collection, knowledge and resources with others here. So if there is ever a contest for "RWI AP member of the year" you will have my vote. Your attitude in this hobby is exemplary to everyone. I personally do enjoy looking at glimpses of your journey too. Thank you always for sharing it with us all.

yylims

Horology Curious
14/10/17
Sunny Red Dot
JF Seb Buemi on a hornback from SMPLOVER.
Greetings from sunny Singapore, my fellow watchfam :)
bdd4bbf64bf6d5b1014caf7536565141.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Sorry guys, one more ”non”wristshot is coming
bb8b058d5cd8fbd934580d1eb256b5aa.plist

Ok this is one the best summer ROO in my humble opinion. After legend 15711 of course...

(I feel I need to say this otherwise he won’t finish mods on my watch he he)

Reactions: Tompa and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok this is one the best summer ROO in my humble opinion. After legend 15711 of course...

(I feel I need to say this otherwise he won’t finish mods on my watch he he)

It’s not that I don’t want to finish the mods mate, it’s that your watch keeps slipping out of the workshop to enjoy the (relatively) superb singapore climate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.