• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
Ok, for me it’s an amazing build.

I was with Domi for two days and often trembled that everything worked without getting any damage to parts. Something can always happen, but he puts so much energy and accuracy in this Franken Project.

f3d27b4d90dc39c5ea00881e83fbdaf5.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

That‘s a fantastic set of safaris you’ve got there!
Congratulations

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

I was with Domi for two days and often trembled that everything worked without getting any damage to parts. Something can always happen, but he puts so much energy and accuracy in this Franken Project.

If you ever want to sell the old safari T please let me know okey :)

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Reactions: flying-tommy

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

It to bad the rep makers cant get the dial color right. Old safari is to white and new safari is to yellow. I have never liked the new safari But i have newer seen a real one either,only replicas. But after seen yours T i realy starting to like it. Totaly different in color to the replica.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
It to bad the rep makers cant get the dial color right. Old safari is to white and new safari is to yellow. I have never liked the new safari But i have newer seen a real one either,only replicas. But after seen yours T i realy starting to like it. Totaly different in color to the replica.

The same goes for me. I never liked the new Safari when I saw the replica model at Domi. But the Gen parts have changed this completely and I find them very harmonious in color.

Reactions: Garuda and Tompa

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
Safari is my favourite watch of all time. It’s the watch that first attracted me to AP. Domi modded my watch too and I had a gen strap on it. The clasp was too uncomfortable though and sold it which I massively regret.

I had some great modded watches and had a big sell off a few years ago. I think 2020 is going to see the collection grow again. Too many damn nice models around!

Reactions: flying-tommy

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Love the original beast. Pardon me asking but is this gen? I see that the datewheel font is correct, as well as the cyclop curvature.
Whatever it is, it is a lovely timepiece on the wrist, congrats. :)

Thank you! It is Gen yes.

I follow Kirby Allison on YouTube and he often goes to Davidoff of London. The guy owning the cigar shop wears one of these. Looks stunning on him while he enjoys a cigar!

Screenshot-20191221-101048-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

Reactions: Allure and legend

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Safari again. For me it’s most comfortable at the Rubber Strap.

ea8c6f7aa93e2986ac7944ef09e489b8.jpg

Still looks great. To answer your question, if you could find a dark brown or chocolate colored rubber strap that would probably look good and feel comfortable. While black definitely looks fine, dark brown might harmonize with the subdials and tachy even better.

I am thinking of RG plating a diver buckle so that I can wear my RG Mk 2 more comfortably with the black rubber strap.

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
In my opinion a croc strap tapered to 20 or 22mm buckle is the perfect combo between class and comfort

Reactions: Jurgenk

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Ahh yes, agree 100% and also reminds me of the other option, dark brown hornback on a 20 mm or 22 mm buckle, also nice blend of comfort and class.

Last edited:

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
Still looks great. To answer your question, if you could find a dark brown or chocolate colored rubber strap that would probably look good and feel comfortable.

They make a brown rubber strap for a 20 or 22 buckle, PT has it.
I wish they made a brown rubber diver strap with the 24mm buckle, that would look great on a lot of different ROO and white face diver.

Reactions: Jurgenk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Still looks great. To answer your question, if you could find a dark brown or chocolate colored rubber strap that would probably look good and feel comfortable. While black definitely looks fine, dark brown might harmonize with the subdials and tachy even better.

I am thinking of RG plating a diver buckle so that I can wear my RG Mk 2 more comfortably with the black rubber strap.

Thanks Jurgen.

The Watch is already on the brown Rubber. It’s not clearly visible because it’s very dark brown.

0e55d3d35c52b85662b639b21efc86ca.jpg
48366a9a4dc27d3410cd7008275394e2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.